Do you remember that "Wii in Stock" site ?

Discussion in 'Gaming & Tech' started by Sheena, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Kitty Kat

Kitty Kat User

my director has the same! She was on the phone for 40 minutes after ordering it online before she could get through to someone and confirm delivery etc.

2. Indie

Indie Great Tits

All this talk of Wiis drying up is worrying me a little.

3. WiDGe->

WiDGe-> 44f

4. Sheena

Sheena MAKE IT QUICK, LUCILLE!

I found mine using that link OUR DON gave this morning

But Im still waiting for a confirmation email

AND ive already ordered Mario Olympics thinking Id gotten one

MUG :D

5. Christian

Christian GOOD BYE!

Don't forget extra Wii Remotes if you want to play with friends... apparently they're becoming JUST as rare.

6. WiDGe->

WiDGe-> 44f

If its from Argos, apparently they have been cancelling credit payments their end and deleting records of orders from their system. I think they've over sold.

7. Sheena

Well yes, that's the problem...but they had them in stock, then out of stock then an hour later back IN stock

So hopefully Im before all that went on...we'll see

8. Sheena

Awww, Argos are SHIT. It seems people who ordered at 8:15 ish are fine. 9am they began having the overordering problems. I ordered at 9:15ish so Im guessing Im a no but Ive not had a confirmation or rejection email yet...

And more annoyingly, they seem to have sold stock over the phone about 11am...so ignoring quite a few internet orders that had already been placed

I would ring and find out but its 25-45 mins hold time- and FUCK THAT, frankly.

What CUNTS

9. vinyl_junkie

vinyl_junkie 45 rpm

QUITE :(

My brother is bringing his Wii (that he just walked into a shop and bought in the summer - I'd have bought ten if I realised they could be quite so incompetent 2 years running...) at Christmas so everyone can play the Olympics game so I wanted to pick up a couple of extra controllers but I've been looking EVERYWHERE and they are sold out... as is Play that comes with a free controller. Play IS available online for £40 but I don't really want to pay £80 for 2 controllers (and Play should only be £30)... assuming they'll not be worth anything like that after christmas.

Oh - any recommendations of good multiplayer games that use the Wii properly?

10. Slave

Slave User

Independent games shops really are the way to go for the games and accessories - I got Wii Play from one around this time last year. It was months before I saw them readily in stock anywhere else.

Equally, just the other day they had piles and piles of remotes behind the counters and were encouraging people to buy them because they were selling out insanely fast.

11. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

I'm one controller down now that I sold Wii Play for £60 :D