Drag Race Podcasts

Discussion in 'RuPaul's Drag Race' started by Phoenix, May 26, 2014.

1. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

Oh I've seen Dixie a few times. She mostly appears in Boystown. And she just...talks a lot lol. Funny for sure though.

Alexis Bevels is kinda annoying. I remember when I was working at the bar when I first moved here, she crashed a drag event and forced herself into the line-up. And her 'performance' included sitting on a customer's lap and biting his slice of pizza while it was still in his hand lol

dUb likes this.
  2. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

Aunty Chan however is a treat.

dUb likes this.
  3. dUb

dUb BUSY

Is Alexis AFAB? I can't figure it out

4. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

No I don't think so.

5. Ag

Ag User

Really like. The latest episode is out there and is also great.

dUb likes this.
  6. dUb

dUb BUSY

They are SO entertaining. I've been going back to their Season 11 recaps, would recommend.

7. dUb

dUb BUSY

Newest is one of their best

8. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

Race Chaser moving on to S4 next week. I'll be interested to hear Willam talking shite about things he should know about.

9. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

I hope they don’t drop classique as soon as the new seasons starts (when IS that?!)

I don’t mind them covering the new season as it happens, but they could alternate hot goss and classique, it’s not like hot goss is essential listening

lolly likes this.
  10. Alla

Alla Beast in Black

All Stars is coming very soon, right? I don't want to do a search because there must be spoilers everywhere.

11. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

I can’t seem to find a date anywhere, they haven’t even done any promo have they? It’s weird...

12. Alla

Alla Beast in Black

Someone said here that it was 3 weeks after the UK one? I might be wrong, I just assumed it was coming soon and the another and then another AND ANOTHER ONE... ∞

13. lolly

Really enjoyed the episode with Sharon Needles today. I'm not sure I learned anything new, but I just found her really engaging.

14. Phoenix

Phoenix L to the OG

I still haven’t listened to the latest episode but I find Willam’s every growing legend of how he left the show to be quite tiring.

15. lolly

Yes, I thought before they tackled S4 that it would be particularly interesting when they got to S4 +5. But like you say, it's been building so long that frankly I was already bored by the time we got to THAT episode.

Reasonably confident that Alaska will be better when it comes to S5, but presumably they won't be getting back to CLASSIQUE for quite a while when S12 kicks off.

16. lolly

I agree with Diddy above, actually - running Classique alongside S12 instead of Hot Goss would be much more satisfying.

17. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

I’m a bit behind, I was looking forward to them doing S4, but I have to say it’s been the one I’ve least felt the need to keep listening to (aside from AS4), mostly because of Willam, as mentioned above, but also because they’re being too nice.

18. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

I’m enjoying S4, tbh I don’t really remember s1-4 that well except the famous moments.

I like Willam’s behind the scenes stuff but I agree with PhoePhoe’s comment about the ever growing legend. She seems to always have said the right thing to manipulate production, doesn’t she...

It’s still interesting in some points, but it’s somewhere between too much information and unreliable witness

19. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

Getting really tired of Hot Goss now. Now they’re acknowledging that they don’t know what they’re talking about, but that it’s important to talk about it anyway to start the conversation and be a jumping off point.

yes the best way to start off a deep dive into a complicated topic is with exaggeration and misinformation, that’ll set you off on the right track!

20. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

And why has Willam repeatedly complained that the S12 cast are all under 25??

admittedly I checked Wiki but I’m sure that’s more fact checking than he did. They’re all under 35 but only 2 are under 25...

21. lolly

I only picked up on the all under 25 thing once (and did think 'really?') but didn't bother checking.

I have found Willam in general quite unbearable the for the last few weeks, though. Let's face it, he's clearly pretty thick, but I've previously cut him slack because it has seemed like he's quite aware of it but wanted to learn. Just recently though I've felt that he wears his ignorance as a badge, and even more annoyingly, will acknowledge his ignorance but not let that stop him spouting utter shite. I've just found him really quite unpleasant for a good few weeks.

And re. the not knowing what they are talking about and jumping off point, I think I could get behind that, if it was Alaska and someone other than Willam. Alaska is measured and you can often hear her thinking and forming an opinion before speaking (which I think is entirely fair enough, but in itself doesn't necessarily make for an exciting podcast) but with Willam it really feels like a mother trying to control and explain something to a child.

22. lolly

And I really think they need to stop with the dick pics, or at the very least stop Willam talking about cock ALL THE FUCKING TIME.

23. lolly

Very much here for this

Suomi, Alex, Chlammy and 1 other person like this.
  24. Ag

Ag User

omg

25. lolly