Dynasty returns

Discussion in 'Moopy TV' started by Frozen, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Frozen

Frozen I Play The Streetlife

Well sort of

2. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

I really don't know if I can commit to it being shown every week day. But I may have no choice :D

3. Sheena

Sheena MAKE IT QUICK, LUCILLE!

Oooh, I wonder if I get this now we're on Virgin...

4. lolly

Didn't Virgin add Zone Romantica fairly recently? Presumably you'll get the rebranded channel if so.

5. Dr Lecter

Dr Lecter HAS BEEN

OOh lovely, something to look forward to when i get infrom work on the old Sky Plus instead of my current obsession with Tales of the Unexpected

6. lolly

I got quite addicted to CROWN COURT a little while ago

7. Frozen

I won't be watching for awhile as I've seen the first three seasons on DVD. As soon as S4 starts though I'll be jumping right in.

8. lolly

I can't remember if I watched it from the very beginning originally or not.

I do remember watching it lying on my Gran's bobbly green settee with the white lace antimacassar drinking cup a soup though, whenever I did start.

9. Sheena

I didn't remember the first series AT ALL, though flashes of season 2 came back to me, more from the UK GOLD days, I'd imagine

I've only got the first two series, so I'm READY TO GO once season 3 starts :disco:

10. Dr Lecter

Dr Lecter HAS BEEN

I only remember Season 1 from the UK gold repeats about 10 years ago, however, i think it must have been midway season 2 when on a friday night it would be Dynasty Mania :disco: I remember staying around my nans house sometimes and she got into it, tho apparently it was nowhere as good as Sons and Daughters according to her

11. Frozen

Oooh "Sons and daughters"

[​IMG]

12. Phoenix

Phoenix Brown Cow...STUNNING

It's coming back for real

13. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

I feel like the only way this will be watchable is if it's in the "it's so bad it's good" genre.

Interested to know who the cast is though. Is it almost a GIVEN that Joan will make an appearance at some stage?

14. Johnkm

Johnkm Valar Morghulis

Hmm.... I can't imagine The CW are going to do a direct continuation like the rebooted Dallas, so I'd imagine this is going to be mid 20's Fallon again. It'll also probably be total shit, as with most reboots and almost every CW show that isn't DC, but still yay (ish).

15. Sheena

It's a reboot rather than a continuation. Which means no Joan. Which means NO FUCKING POINT.

16. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

I hope they revive Sammy Jo and that she's a trans latina nail bar worker.

On the topic of Dynasty, I never had any idea this existed

[video=youtube;5KgFFFu8fGI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KgFFFu8fGI[/video]

"Oh honey, you're like a flower that will never wilt"

17. Phoenix

The reboot has been picked up for series, should start next year or this fall.

18. Sheena

OH MY ACTUAL FUCKING GOD

Tell me Joan's in it. TELL ME JOAN IS IN IT!

19. Sheena

Oh, she won't be, as it's a total REDO of the original.

BOO :(

20. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

Even better than Joan, JIM FUCKING ROBINSON FROM NEIGHBOURS is in it!

21. Phoenix

I think she will get a cameo before the end of the first season. They won't be able to resist.

22. Sheena

Of course she will, but she won't be Alexis, which is the WHOLE DAMNED POINT. I mean, how can they recast Alexis? But considering the premise I just read was "Fallon is annoyed with Blake who is marrying his secretary, Krystle (spelled Cristal I might add :evil:)" then Alexis is BOUND to be a character in the new one. I do think it's FUCKING stupid trying to give iconic roles like that out to anyone else...

I wish they'd done Dallas and focused on Fallon and Jeff's kids etc. Or certainly the next generation, so they could have included some of the old GANG. Imagine Dominique Deveraux MINCING back in :disco:

23. Sheena

Is he Blake? Everything is blocked at work so I just looked on my phone quick. I do love Alan Dale, though.

24. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

He's playing Joseph Anders, Kirby Colby Dolby's dad.

25. Johnkm

Johnkm Valar Morghulis

The CW have OUTDONE themselves. If it does turn out to be as ludicrously awful as this suggests then it should be a FUN RIDE if nothing else.

Sharla likes this.
  26. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

I feel like I've watched an edited version of the first 6 episodes and don't need to see the rest but it looks like there's plenty of GAY INTEREST scenes to watch the first few episodes.

I hope they introduce Adam and Amanda at some point, provided it doesn't get cancelled.

27. Sheena

Oh my god, it looks TERRIBLE! The characters are so iconic I just don't get how they can redo them- with Sammy Jo as a man? :D :manson: What the fuck are they going to do with Alexis, that's the problem? Surely they can't recast her, but they can't live without her and Joan won't fit in the original role. What a headfuck!

Grant Show has aged well though :disco:

28. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

It hardly seems like a remake, just the same names. Which is probably a good thing. Something kinda bugs me about that gay from Empire. Loved Grant Show in Devious Maids though, he's a class act.

It reminds me a lot of that FLOPULOUS Aaron Spelling soap opera "Titans" from the early 2000s :D

29. Sheena

Er, and exactly the same premise. And same relationships. And same setting by the looks of it.

30. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

Except Krystle is NOTHING like the one from the original. She was the one who was always trying hard to win Fallon over instead of saying shit like "Call me MOM" LOL. And I don't remember Fallon and Krystle hating each other to the point of ripping each other's dresses or having any physical altercation. That relationship has been morphed.

Also, if the trailer is anything to go by, then the premise HAS changed because it seems like it's being told much more from Fallon's POV instead of Krystle.

I think I prefer these changes though. No point in just rehashing the old stuff.

31. Sheena

NO SHIT MISS MARPLE

Never use LOL like that again. Ever.

Obviously cause the main thing everyone went on about in Dynasty was the catfights and so they've got Fallon and Krystle having one when actually they didn't start til Joan turned up and, well, basically hit EVERYONE. Fallon did detest Krystle- it was the crux of the whole first series and how Fallon was spoiled, had an affair with the chauffeur etc. etc., Steven dealing with his sexuality (which won't be handled in the same way in 2016). So in other words, exactly the same as in the trailer.

The original series was from neither's point of view. I don't think the trailer shows it's going to be from Fallon's point of view either- there were whole sections without her in it.

Oh JUST FUCKING TOP YOURSELF.

32. Sheena

It's crazy to think that John Forsythe was only about 7 years older than Grant Show is as Blake...

33. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

Yes but Krystle didn't detest Fallon BACK the way that trailer made it look like. She didn't want to compete for Blake, she just wanted Fallon's approval and didn't get it until later. That kinda just ever so fucking slightly changes their relationship.

Again, a recount of the original would just be lame. A few changes would be nice.

LOL

34. Phoenix

Did anyone bother with this? Apparently it's not so bad (and at least for me it's on Netflix every week).

Nicolette Sheridan will be playing Alexis.

35. Jark

Jark campione

Oh. My. GOD. :disco:

36. Jark

Jark campione

Just checked her Instagram and she really has not aged the slightest bit since she left DH in what, 2009?

QUEEN!

37. Sheena

It isn't bad at all. I'm relatively surprised. Albeit that it will NEVER touch the original...

It's such a shame they couldn't reboot the old one with some new faces- no one will EVER be as good as Joan, let's face it, but, in fairness, Nicolette Sheridan is not a half bad stab. Presumably she isn't going to be English anymore- that accent could be CATASTROPHIC :D

38. Sheena

Hold on, she actually IS English?

WHO KNEW!?

39. Dr Lecter

Dr Lecter HAS BEEN

I can’t wait for THE REUNION reboot in a few years :disco:

40. Dr Lecter

Dr Lecter HAS BEEN

I’m so ashamed . I caved in and HOOKED

It’s so LUDICROUS .

And some of the lines are hilarious