Dynasty returns

Discussion in 'Moopy TV' started by Frozen, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Sheena

Sheena MAKE IT QUICK, LUCILLE!

I love every second of it. Best thing on tv for me- so ridiculous but they know it. Nicolette entering as Alexis was one of my favourite scenes of all time. “Traffic was a bitch...”

Renewed for a second season despite shit ratings as apparently it’s doing well on its worldwide streaming services gig...

Dr Lecter likes this.
  2. Dr Lecter

Dr Lecter HAS BEEN

I knew I could rely on you Shee

Just waiting for the new Kirby hopefully to be played by Julie Robinson from Neighbours

I thought I would hate Sammy Jo but he’s fabulous too

3. Sheena

I love the way they've already set up Dominique's appearance as well :disco:

What has happened to Jeff, though? He's disappeared entirely since that ludicrous wedding storyline ended...

4. Dr Lecter

Dr Lecter HAS BEEN

One of my other highlights was kidnapped Fallon wailing because she has her hair cut and her stylist was booked out “you should have just shot me “

Yeah the Jeff tHing is odd .

Oh god Dominique has to be someone fabulous playing her . But who?

5. Sheena

One presumes she's going to be a lot younger than Blake considering Cecil suspected Blake of having the affair with his wife rather than Blake's Dad. So I imagine it'll be a faceless youngster rather than a piece of stunt casting like Nicolette was...

6. Dr Lecter

Dr Lecter HAS BEEN

I’m so glad there will be another series . It’s just essential viewing .

I may alternate back with the original. I’m dying for them to purposely replace someone with a completely different actor for no apparent reason

7. Dr Lecter

Dr Lecter HAS BEEN

Hmmm yes that’s true . I like the way they link the original though.

I even liked Claudia . I wish she was as awful as the original acting wise

8. Sheena

I ENTIRELY forgot Claudia was even in it! They forgot her DARNED QUICK.

It's a shame, because Dominique should be a foil for Alexis rather than anyone else, but I guess Alexis and Krystle is yet to properly WARM UP. I'm not entirely sure where that means they will pitch Dominique...

9. Dr Lecter

Dr Lecter HAS BEEN

God bless Claudia :disco:

And Adam should be interesting .

Sammy jo is my favourite . Much like the original. I want him to start swigging Coca Cola in glass bottles with peanuts in them

10. Dr Lecter

Dr Lecter HAS BEEN

I hope as well when thy have CRYSTINA its like the original where one episode they put her to bed she’s about one next episode she’s seven

11. Sheena

I’m obviously most interested if they bother with Sable :disco:

12. Dr Lecter

Dr Lecter HAS BEEN

SO much potential. And of course RITA . Dex . CONSORTIUM WOMAN :disco:

IM glad it’s not just on tv and streams on Netflix hopefully that will keep it going .

13. Sheena

They’re bound to bring Dex in i’d have thought. Presumably no Rita :D

I wonder if they’re going to bother with Amanda too. And if she’ll be English. It’s already annoying enough that the new Alexis isn’t...

14. Dr Lecter

Dr Lecter HAS BEEN

Amanda just turning FULL BLOWN American the next year .

So Joan won’t appear in this . So there’s no GRANDMA potential .

I ALSO WANT LA MIRAGE

15. Sheena

I personally don’t think they CAN do Joan really. It would be too confusing. Has she definitely said that then? Cause believe me, she’d LEAP at the chance if anyone actually bothered :D

16. Dr Lecter

Dr Lecter HAS BEEN

She said she has no time for it . As did noted newly out ADAM even tho he wasn’t asked either

17. Dr Lecter

Dr Lecter HAS BEEN

Ooh we don’t think the rent a husband is he long lost brother do we?!

18. Sheena

That thought hadn't even crossed my mind and, let's face it- they SURELY aren't going to have a storyline of Fallon basically committing incest, are they!?

Dr Lecter likes this.
  19. Dr Lecter

Dr Lecter HAS BEEN

Well watching the original before they knew thy nearly fucked . Filth

20. Sheena

Well yes, NEARLY. She's already at least snogged this one...

21. Phoenix

Phoenix Brown Cow...STUNNING

What a fabulously dramatic ending even though I thought the last few episodes burned (lol) through plot to the point that they became incomprehensible. They probably want to cover all the famous storylines before the series gets cancelled.

Nicolette has been upped to series regular and I assume we’ll be getting full Kirby and Dominique as well.

22. Sheena

The thought crossed my mind as well. I figured that the slightly dull ratings meant they were speeding through things to get good characters onboard, but I liked the remimagining of storylines so they weren't just identical to last time- Claudia set the fire in La Mirage last time and died in it, Culhane rescued a Carrington (Amanda), it was Blake who was shot in another cliffhanger, it was Alexis and Krystle who ended up in a fire together etc. etc. In fact, throw in the wedding and you have quite a lot of the previous cliffhangers there in one episode. Maybe that's the idea- massive homage and then move on.

I was annoyed at some of the "throw everything at the wall" storylines- the Adam one was just plain nonsense (and lets remember, the original Alexis was a bitch, not a monster), the way everyone reacted to him (completely nonplussed for the most part!) was a massive signpost the drama wasn't over and the CGI finger showed they were kind of playing for laughs. The whole getting Blake out had no drama whatsoever- and so far, he's been so unsympathetic as a character, I couldn't give a shit, and neither did I want Alexis to win- again, so far, she's played for camp value (which is fine) but the plotting has just made her a cunt. Still, she's the best thing in it, so far, though I've been dying for them to give her something better to do. The Krystle fight was a start (let's face it, the Fallon one was a letdown) but it's the delicious wordplay that was the joy of Alexis and her foils, not just slapping them about.

However, I also read that despite its disappointing CW ratings, the Netflix worldwide distribution deal has turned it into a hit. For a minute I thought they were going to turn Sable black, given the children, though I had immediately spotted the Dominique reference when Tom made his deathbed confession. I suppose Sable as a foil for Alexis was only realised when Krystle and Dominique had left anyway, so I suppose she's surplus to requirements currently. More's the pity.

Not a shock with Nicolette, though why they rushed Kirby in, I'm not sure. With Liam coming back, obviously Adam on his way, as well as Kirby and Dominique, it all feels a bit, well MUCH! Presuming we're not actually losing any of the characters so far. Or, in fact, that Liam doesn't turn out to be Adam, which is something I've seen rumoured. Though surely they'd know about the ridiculous fake finger nonsense. I also wonder that they killed off Joseph in Dynasty Mk I fairly early, though, so I was wondering if he ran back into the fire this time...

They HAVE to get Vanessa Williams onboard as Dominique, though, surely? She's played the role already twice in Wilhemina Slater and Desperate Housewives' Renee, let's face it. It would be perfect for her. Did Nicolette and her get on on about Desperate Housewives, where she effectively replaced Nicolette's character?

Anyway, like the Dallas reboot, I've thoroughly enjoyed the series for what it is. Not a patch on the original (and how could it be?) but entirely watchable and quite good fun. I, for one, hope it picks up the £££ from Netflix to keep it going- it's been a sheer delight having the characters back, albeit that I would have much preferred a continuation rather than a reboot, but I guess they ain't banking on Linda and Joan lasting for long :D

23. Toby

Toby User

Hoping for Sable, Caress, Ben and Zack Powers....

24. Sheena

EVERYONE is hoping for SABLE :disco:

25. Sheena

Is anyone watching Season 2? It’s entiely jumped the shark for me, to the point that I’m debating whether to stop watching.

Nicolette Sheridan is wasted- Alexis is just stupid, not bitchy, not hard nosed and completely separated from the other characters.

The whole “new Krystle” business is complete nonsense, they brought Kirby in to stir trouble and bar the first episode, has done nothing, they’ve gotten rid of Steven for no reason (the actor didn’t seem to want to leave, if his Instagram is to be believed).

“The Wizard of Oz” sequence in episode 6 was absolutely one of the worst things I’ve ever seen.

I can’t see it lasting. I’m so upset. Especially as the reboot of Dallas was so good and failed...

26. Sheena

Oh and WHERE IS JEFF?

27. Dr Lecter

Dr Lecter HAS BEEN

I was saving it up for the winter lull but what I’ve heard it ain’t looking good

I don’t understand the Krystle thing and Steven going is a mistake .

BRING IN RITA instead .

Sheena likes this.
  28. Sheena

Apparently there’s loads of backstage problems with the show. The original Cristal said as much.

I’ll be gutted if they fuck it up. There’s just an ENTIRE lack of drama about it currently.

29. Dr Lecter

Dr Lecter HAS BEEN

Doesn’t surprise me . They were lucky with the Netflix deal as well so it got a second season.

And season one was so good. I’ll give it a go. I still have a soft spot for Sam and JIM ROBINSON

is there not even a SNIFF of Dominique Devereux and her luxury SUITE at LA MIRAGE

30. Sheena

Not yet, more’s the pity. I’m wondering if they’re saving her for the post-Christmas break like three did with Alexis...

31. Phoenix

Phoenix Brown Cow...STUNNING

Despite being on the lowest rated dramas on tv it has been renewed for season 3.

I still have not watched any of season 2.

32. Sheena

Weirdly, I just woke up thinking about this.

It’s safe cause Netflix are footing the bill. I’m still watching but it really is nonsense in a way the original never was.

WHY ARE YOU WASTING ALEXIS? Kirby has more of a storyline arc, it’s ridiculous.

Dominique is about to arrive, though. So all is not yet lost :disco: