Eastenders 2018

Discussion in 'Moopy TV' started by Slave, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Slave

Slave User

Kicking off 2018 with a gangster hour long special :disco:

2. Slave

Slave User

Why have they turned all the men into incompetent gangsters?

Mick, Billy and Keanu maybe, but wasn’t Vincent introduced as a fairly threatening gangster type? Apparently now he can’t even properly use cable ties and Phil appears to have been lobotomised.

3. Rhythmbarbican

Rhythmbarbican User

This is a disaster.

4. Slave

Slave User

Masood’s family though :D

5. Raining On Me

Raining On Me Jesus Loves Winners

Oh I missed tonight's. Is Abi DEAD yet? Better yet is Mick Carter? And has Keanu got his nips out again and if so share pics plz?

6. Slave

Slave User

WHAT WAS THAT?

What a pile of shit to see in 2018.

7. Rhythmbarbican

Rhythmbarbican User

Looks like Mick got shot, but what a non event.

8. Star

Star Homo Secretary (OB)

What the hell? Who was that person Mick got a text from saying he was in the area?? I'm guessing that's the same person that Mick said 'It's you' to?

9. Kalabaliken

Kalabaliken Judging you in Google Translate

That was the WORST episode of Eastenders EVER. Truly HORRIFIC. After such a brilliant episode on Christmas Day.

The continuity is totally FUCKED and everything is all over the place.

10. Slave

Slave User

Yeah the continuity really is all over the place and tonight was REALLY clunky.

The whole Max/Jay reveal of “oh yeah all that stuff about your dad not being your dad - I made it up” was crap. They actually dedicated a whole two-handed episode to it and then just swept it under the rug in less than a minute.

Equally I usually LOVE the Walford women getting together but Kathy’s “tea” party felt forced and her “this is a new start for us all” speech was clearly just a shout-out to the audience. It didn’t seem to be much fun at all, despite the fact that’s clearly what we were supposed to think. Also, isn’t Bex 16? Why is she knocking back gin with Sonya?

I think Masood’s family showed promise though. They’ve basically re-written Zainab as a disapproving auntie.

I really don’t care who got shot though. I’m over the Carters and I sort of wish Eastenders would stop trying to do a big Christmas episode and a big New Years episode because one (or both) suffer.

How many naff cliffhangers have we had in one week with no continuation? The nurse came to break some news about “your daughter” to Max and Tanya - we never found out what that was. Then there was James Wilmott-Brown having a heart attack - we never found out what happened to him after Fi left. I’m half expecting tomorrow’s episode to jump into a completely different storyline.

Steptacular likes this.
  11. Steptacular

Steptacular User

Utter shower of shite, where is the logic of luring that van to the very place they all live?!

I can't believe they retconned a retcon with Jay! :D Well, this is EastEnders... so I can.

Bex is 17 but yeah. Can she have a few tipples with her mum by law? Probably not in a caff, even if it is licensed.

Lauren and Tanya still giving ZERO FUCKS that Abi is vegetating.

Let's pray for tonight's episode to be a one-year time jump where Linda sums up a year's worth of events to a previously comatose Mick in less than a minute.

12. Ag

Ag Just tax the stupid people. And let them die

The continuity is so fucking confusing at the moment. There is so much - BUT THAT WOULDN'T HAPPEN than ever.

13. Slave

Slave User

I guess they’re still clearing up the mess of the last producer. I can’t really remember a time in soaps where it’s been quite such a JARRING process though, despite all the soaps having been through slumps.

It’s literally like they’ve just put a full stop at the end of some scripts and chucked everything else in the bin. But that doesn’t excuse all the stuff that’s happening.

Ag you’re right, it is all just completely UNLIKELY even by soap standards.

Nice to see Cora again, though.

14. Steptacular

Steptacular User

So many guns. It's like the Andy Hunter days all over again.

15. Slave

Slave User

Weren’t most of them wooden blocks in plastic bags? That WELL KNOWN gangster tactic to fool your victim.

16. Steptacular

Steptacular User

I'm so confused. Who's set up who? Who's in on it? What is IT?

Some blonde woman comes along and the police run away with their tails between their legs.

17. Steptacular

Steptacular User

Lauren and Josh :o

Lauren mentions Abi! :o:o

18. Pingu

Pingu Never thought I'd work again

I don't think the Jay thing was a retcon of a retcon. It was made clear that Phil was lying to him at the time... this just seems to be sweeping it all under the carpet VERY quickly.

But yes besides that the whole thing is just BONKERS at the moment. I have no idea what is meant to be going on or why things are happening or whether the writers even know.

I thought the Christmas ep was entertaining in itself, as have the past couple of nights but I don't like where they're leaving the show as a whole.

19. Star

Star Homo Secretary (OB)

Exactly this.

20. Ellie

Ellie Super talented triple threat

And now Aidan is extorting Vincent for grassing up his brother to the police years ago? I didn't even see them steal any money from the van (or was I not paying attention?)

The blonde woman appears to be an ex of Aidan's and be some kind of special ops person too. Who the hell is that person now working behind the bar at the Vic? This was not explained well at all.

21. Star

Star Homo Secretary (OB)

Well apparently that phone call Ciara made was to
    Mel Owen

22. Pingu

The guy who shot Mick at the end of Monday's episode. Yes, really.

23. Star

Star Homo Secretary (OB)

Who happens to be another one of Lee's squadie mates

24. Slave

Slave User

Am I the only one who found the whole casket opening and dropping a dead body on the floor to be a little...tasteless?

25. Steptacular

Steptacular User

And ridiculous.

26. Star

Star Homo Secretary (OB)

Another ridiculous episode

27. Slave

Slave User

I pity Mel Owen walking back into this MESS.

28. Star

Star Homo Secretary (OB)

So what happened there? Ben is behind all this??

29. Steptacular

Steptacular User

Seems so! That's his exit sewn up I guess.

30. COB

COB party freak

I thought Jay might be in on it too (since he'd have easy access to the coffins), but apparently not based on tonight's episode.

31. Treacle

Treacle User

I’ve just caught up on everything from around 2nd January and my god - unspeakably bad. Linda whinging and whining, the whole Aidan THING, Masood being totally crap, Whitney AND Tiffany being back. Awful.

32. Star

Star Homo Secretary (OB)

This is the most convoluted storyline ever. I have no idea where that money is.

33. Steptacular

Steptacular User

Did Mel swap suitcases or something? Bizarre.

34. Pingu

Why does NOTHING make sense at the moment?!

Why are the Carters interviewing for jobs two weeks before the Vic closes for good?
    Why did Ben just take off despite not having the suitcase full of cash any more?
    Why did Karen get a job at the laundrette despite being incredibly thick and racist at BOTH her interviews?
    What has happened to Jay's car lot money? Come to that, what happened to Luke?
    Why has everybody bought back their businesses despite being perfectly happy to part with them in the first place?
    WHERE IS TANYA?!

Steptacular, Ellie and Star like this.
  35. Ag

Ag Just tax the stupid people. And let them die

I haven't watched since the NY, mainly because of that. It's completely lost the plot. Literally.

36. Pingu

It doesn't help that the only two plots I was vaguely invested in have been ruined; the Max/Weyland story was oversimplified for the sake of "Stax" and a Christmas Day stunt, and the Aidan story has been over-complicated for reasons best known to the writers.

37. Rita

Rita User

I missed this between Boxing Day and New Year. What happened with the whole Willmott Brown storyline? Where is Fee and why have the Carters got a 2 week extension?

38. Pingu

Fi came to see the truth about Wilmott-Brown, disowned him in hospital after he had a heart attack, and made Uncle Hugo sign the business over to her or she would go public. She and Max offered to sell the various businesses back to their previous owners for the price they bought them for (except for the cafe which she gifted to Kathy), including the Vic - she gave the Carters first refusal and until the end of January to decide. The cost was £150k - conveniently the amount Mick stood to make from the robbery.

39. Star

Star Homo Secretary (OB)

Pingu calling it as it is :disco:

40. Commotion

Commotion User

I have not watched Eastenders in about 6 months.

I think I will tune back in when Kat returns - more to see how they close out the 'Redwater' story.

I hope Alfie is DEAD.