Emmerdale 2012 + beyond

Discussion in 'Moopy TV' started by Raining On Me, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Raining On Me

Raining On Me Jesus Loves Winners

Oh I'm sure there must be some moopers who still care. Anyway Lisa getting RAPED was quite a shock but thank fuck they've given her something to do other than make dinner (even though that was woven into the storyline) and showed her to be utterly fabulous when conveying the whole trauma of it all. I didn't see that one coming at all but she's been pretty marvellous these last couple of episodes

Also next week is the big inferno in which a couple die, I do hope it's not Viv even though it's looking that way :(

I'm probably biased but I do feel Emmerdale has been the best soap of the last year by a FUCKING MILE

2. Star

Star Homo Secretary (OB)

Was it that Dennis guy who raped her? :(

3. Raining On Me

I don't know his name but yes! It was quite sinister

4. TurnerPrize

TurnerPrize time to dance

I came here to mention the rape thing! I just had it on in the background whilst i was COOKING UP A STORM, not really paying attention, but then Lisa's revelation just floored me. It was really well done i thought

The actress was great and it felt extra traumatic because she's all mumsy and has been on the show forever. Was it already known that she'd been raped, or was tonight a total shock for the viewers?

Also: ANOTHER fire, Emmerdale? I think i'd just live in a big bucket of sand if i was a resident.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  5. Frozen

Frozen I Play The Streetlife

I missed tonight's episode, has Lisa told someone what happened then?

6. Star

Star Homo Secretary (OB)

She told Debbie!

7. Samuel

Samuel User

Lisa was RAPED? I've missed the past few episodes and I feel nothing but disgust for doing so.

She should have got on the blower to me beforehand, I could have told her not to trust a man with a handlebar moustache.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  8. Raining On Me

We sort of saw it happen last night without actually seeing anything. It was just the suggestions before and after but really, she was fantastic through it all, Lisa tending to her upset daughter and making dinner as normal but trying to hide her bruises and crying secretly. It was quite SOMETHING especially when it's not been publicised at all really, just shocking.

And yep, another fire :D I think this will be QUITE GOOD compared to the last few though. It's such a shame Gavin Blythe is randomly DEAD because he's made the show ridiculously good, I really hope it doesn't fall down after this. Every character has been pitched perfectly under him as well as every storyline...

9. Frozen

I have to agree with ROM on how good the actress who plays Lisa was last night, it's been a while since she had a proper storyline so it's easy to forget what a great actress she can be.

10. Jark

Jark campione

I love that the Emmerdale team is comprised of pyromaniacs.

Anyway it's been amazing lately. It really is the most consistent soap and Lisa has played a blinder. YAY! And thank God they finally gave Debbie SOMETHING to do other than prance around being all SULTRY.

11. Raining On Me

Is anyone watching this? I do not understand how a fire started outside a stone building in the space of 3 feet can spread to something like this :D

12. Frozen

Missed it again tonight, do we know who's died yet?

13. Raining On Me

I've heard who it is and frankly I'm APPALLED/not bothered

I can't remember how to do spoiler tags!

14. Raining On Me

Oh its meant be

Viv and Terry

Assuming that worked and if not only 3 people give a shit

15. Raining On Me

Ok apparently not but it may not be true :D

16. Star

Star Homo Secretary (OB)

Oooh shocker if it is those two :o

17. Jark

Jark campione

Not really?! They were the two obvious options surely. Both long past their best-by date.

18. Raining On Me

Hang on, that was it for BOTH of them? We didn't even SEE them. I wasn't exactly expecting a The Hills Have Eyes burned-to-the-bone scene, but what the fuck? Even a scene of them together would have worked, it didn't have to be gruesome, just falling unconscious together after a few words...was that so hard? They've been in it for YEARS for god's sake and they've both effectively died off screen! RIDICULOUS...

19. VoR

VoR Forever in our hearts #Justice4Barb

I randomly caught a bit of this while they were watching it in the local corner shop earlier. Don't think I've seen it in about 8 years. I can't believe Alan Turner is STILL ALIVE! :D

20. TurnerPrize

TurnerPrize time to dance

They've killed VIV? :o

I loved Viv. Though i don't think i'd seen her for about 8 years either.

21. Jark

Jark campione

The actor said in the Radio Times that sometimes at cast parties the younger cast have no idea who he is because he's on set so little :D He really is the most BORING man alive. A proper old FUDDY DUDDY.

22. Raining On Me

It just all seems SO WEIRD AND WRONG. Viv needed to strut off in her high heels and fall in a wheelie bin on her way out as she once did while the sun goes down. I do not understand this. Viv and Terry DIE and they are barely in the episode. Is this some kind of "fuck you"? Did THEY kill Gavin Blythe? :o

23. Blake

Blake User

Well the actress who played :( Viv must have PISSED someone off considering they didn't show her death and apparently she has no on-screen funeral either next week!

24. Raining On Me

Oh dear, from DS and the Mirror. Totally spot-on but there must be bad blood somewhere especially with her being axed. Not quite sure why Terry got such lame treatment though

:confused: :(

25. Jark

Jark campione

Yeah the whole thing smacks of shitty treatment. Although you never know - perhaps they'll be able to bring them both back one day, saying that they eloped together during the height of the fire :eyes:

26. FetchFugly

FetchFugly closing in again

Killing Viv off while Terry's dreary new woman is still wandering the Dales is OUTRAGEOUS - the nature of the exit only made it even more so.

I couldn't help but :D at Betty Egg's wailings last night though.

I really need to drop a soap or two now after starting to watch this and Coronation Street properly in addition to my usual EE and Hollyoaks. It is just a bit much.

27. Jark

Jark campione

I might be a bit BIASED having watched it longest but I do think EE is the best at the minute. Behind all of the controversy this storyline is pretty much GOLD as far as I'm concerned. Emmerdale has been coasting for a few months really, largely since the fabulous Wyldes disintegrated. Corrie is on good comedic form but the dramatic stuff like Leanne/Nick is quite awful.

That said DROP HOLLYOAKS. It has no identity whatsoever anymore.

28. Jark

Jark campione

The White Witch is off...

[​IMG]

On screen until Spring apparently. Can't say I mind.

29. Jark

Jark campione

CAN SOMEBODY ELSE PLEASE START REPLYING IN THIS THREAD PLEASE THANKYOU

I am loving the Charity storyline. She's my favourite character. She and Debbie also must be the most outrageously beautiful mother-daughter combo ever.

Tonight's episode was TWISTED though. Poor Katie! I know nobody likes her BUT I DO and I was genuinely SHITTING IT when she tried to make her escape.

30. Silly Moo

Silly Moo Just ask Mo!

Sammy Windwood is a good actress when given the chance, however the majority of her storylines consist of her shagging the latest male to arrive. Also, please don't say they're putting her back with Andy, that pairing was bland enough the first time around.

I'm going to miss Faye now they've decided to inject a bit of life into the character, Ryan however can gladly fuck off. I just hope Nathan returns and plays a part in their exit.

The new family at Home Farm just don't match up to the fabulous occupants before them. Home Farm needs a family like the Tates or Wyldes. The wife simply doesn't possess the icy death stare of a great soap bitch.

31. Jark

Jark campione

Oh I think Ella Macey has the ICE STARE down to a TEE!

However I agree they haven't been utilised yet but I think they're going for a slow burn with them. The Wyldes veered from BIGAMIST DRAMA to MURDEROUS DRAMA so I guess they want things at Home Farm to be a bit more light hearted for now. But I think Declan is FANTASTIC (Jason Merrells is seriously good) and the daughter could be interesting too.

Faye has become a little more fun but ultimately she's still a bland and vacant nonentity of a character - just like her son.

I need to find the ICONIC moment where Maisie finds out about Mark and has a complete meltdown and smashes a bowl of fruit.

32. Raining On Me

That was some INCREDIBLE stuff tonight, more so because Lisa never gets shit all to do. Seriously amazing. I haven't seen a rape storyline handled better or more interesting than this for years...

Also I am quite pleased about Kelly Windsor's return, ridiculous as it is

33. Raining On Me

I think Ella is going to be quite SPECIAL and her daughter is pretty good too. Declan can fuck off though, I hate him being there after all the fabulous Wyldes disintegrated, he should have gone with them. I mean it's not like viewers invested any time in him whatsoever so they may as well have started from scratch and brought in a whole new family. Still there is potential with this lot

Faye and Ryan really are plot devices that never became anything else so OH WELL to those two going, it will make no difference to the show

Maisie and the fruit bowl is up there with Jim Robinson and the ORANGES

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  34. Jark

Jark campione

Who's still watching then? They're debuting a new title sequence on Monday, this will be the new title card

[​IMG]

I like!

An absolute TON of characters are leaving the village too,
    Kelly (tomorrow)
    Jackson (next month - thank Christ)
    Mia & Ella (later in the year)
    Hazel (Christmas)
    Scarlett, Roz & Eve

35. Raining On Me

Oh WELL :D The fact is they COULD have been...

NOW can they write out Declan and bring in new people entirely? There's no other existing character that can realistically move in there with a family..

36. Slave

Slave User

I saw a lot of the DS loons are calling for the next Home Farm family to be free of high profile actors and that does seem to be a problem for Emmerdale at the moment: big names being brought in for one or two stories and then leaving again.

37. Raining On Me

I saw that too Jark and was going to post it later to an indifferent moopy. It's all very MOODY and SINISTER. Lovely. Stormy sky and fake hills is MUCH better. The cheap logo actually works

We're getting a TWEAKED theme tune too. I hear it samples JENTINA :disco:

38. Raining On Me

They really need to do this. I think people leave soaps more often these days regardless, probably because of the sheer work load, but if we get unknowns who will have FUCK ALL chance in TV again if they left, they might actually stick around.

Also what was the point of Kelly coming back for that AWFUL story, just to leave? Or was she pushed because everyone hated her?

Also poor Suzanne Shaw, what a pointless signing that was

39. Slave

Slave User

The main problem for Emmerdale seems to be where it's filmed - I know they generally can't help that, but Coronation Street and Eastenders at least have the advantage of being fairly easy to commute to. From interviews with the cast of Emmerdale, particularly those that leave, the issue of travel commitments seems to come up again and again.

40. Blake

Blake User

there is a spoiler circulating about Debbie's boyfriend giving her HIV although nothing has been confirmed yet.