EU Referendum - RESULTS NIGHT / how are you voting poll

Discussion in 'Current Affairs & Debate' started by Penelope, Jun 22, 2016.

?

Quick, somebody say TAKE BACK CONTROL!

1. I am voting to REMAIN in the European Union

78.3%
  2. I am voting to LEAVE the European Union

1.2%
  3. I am not British but would vote to REMAIN

18.1%
  4. I am not British but would vote to LEAVE

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I am British and I am NOT VOTING

2.4%
  1. Ag

Ag BRING BACK TAGS

I miss MERV.

But Mark has made a more than suitable replacement :horny:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  2. PJL

PJL User

Let's forget this democracy thing and let the technocrats run the country. They're doing a better job at the moment than the politicians. :-p

3. ButterTart

ButterTart Egg Custard Tart

Apparently Kelvin McKenzie has stated in his article in The Sun that he regrets his decision to leave the EU. This can only be a good thing, right?

4. Loufoque

Loufoque BATTLE FOR YOUR LIFE

S&P just stripped the UK of its AAA rating

5. Shirley

Shirley BIG-HEARTED BUNNY

*flush*

6. Slave

Slave User

I don't really know where to post, but this seems as good a place as any.

I think it would be disingenuous of me to say I regret voting Leave - I don't think given the outcome and the current level of hysteria that it's constructive or helpful to have people saying "Oh shit, I didn't think it would ACTUALLY happen".

I'm really as astounded by what's happened over the last few days as everyone else is/was. I certainly don't consider it a 'victory' to now be talked about as someone who apparently has no regard for basic human values, which is not how I see myself at all and which to my mind was not what this referendum about and certainly not what was driving my vote - though I do now feel it's been turned into a "good vs. evil" struggle.

At the moment the whole thing feels such a tangled mess (and I've largely been cut off from a lot of the commentary around what happens next). As someone who voted in good faith and tried to listen to as much of the debate from both sides as possible, I feel let down that there appears to have been absolutely no contingency planning for this outcome whatsoever. I know David Cameron was very much on the Remain side and that as a party leader, you don't plan to lose - but I didn't vote to watch pretty much every senior politicial figure stand around and shrug their shoulders whilst the media fires off rhetoric in every direction about what happens next, whilst the country goes into economic freefall.

I'm really at a loss as to what else I can say. Think of me what you will, but I genuinely feel as uncomfortable, unsettled and scared as everyone else about what happens next at this point in time.

7. Suedey

Suedey [Women yelling in background]

What a mess.

8. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

You could start by clarifying your comments from earlier in the thread. Did you really vote leave in the full knowledge that your reasons for doing so were based on totally flawed information?

9. Loufoque

Why would Number 10 have a Leave plan in place when it campaigned for Remain? Leave should have had the Leave strategy in place - the fact that they didn't share it in advance should have been suggestive of the fact that it didn't exist.

10. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

Ha!!

The AAA-club is getting really exclusive now.

11. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

There was no plan before the referendum, right? What did you expectt?!

12. Suomi

Suomi User

I completely disagree - they had 3 main choices when the votes came in, and they chose to go into a coalition with the Tories and be their little bitches just to grasp at some power. They knew that the Tories were against everything they stood for, but instead of letting them form a minority government and making headway for their causes that way, they chose to work with them, and had all of their ideologies and voter support swallowed up as a result of it.

13. Loufoque

The AA club is not SO BAD. I mean it has France, Austria and Czechia in it. Although perhaps that is a little FASCIST as far as clubs go in 2016 :D

14. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

The tuition fee thing was a huge mistake, but on the whole the Lib Dems obviously made the decision that they could affect change better from within than without. They clearly had to make big political compromises to do that, but it seems pretty clear from what we've seen in the post coalition government that they were able to hold back a *lot* of shit. Unfortunately, they totally failed to get that message across until it was too late, and they paid a terrible price for it.

15. Kalabaliken

Kalabaliken Pop Precision Since 1978

I really do feel for you, Slave. How does it feel to know that you are a tiny part responsible for the mess we are now in?

I almost banged my head against my desk today when, upon discussing the devastation of the pound, one girl piped up, it will go back to normal eventually. Sure, love. I am sure in two weeks time we will all be laughing and wondering what all the worry was about. She's more worried about what Kin Kardashian is wearing anyway.

I also found out on Friday that the head of our department voted leave, after she heard me say I was ashamed of my country. I don't think most people actually grasp the gravity of this whole thing. The majority of people have NO CLUE about anything, which is why I don't think that something like this should EVER have gone to a public referendum.

16. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

:D!

17. Kate

Kate she's for the streets BITCH

Well my mother-in-law is DELIGHTED at the result, apparently because she still holds a grudge against the Germans. "If you didn't live through the war, you can't understand how much we hate them!" I'm not sure how to argue with that. :bad:

Mr Kate's daughter DID vote Remain on her 18th birthday though. Hope it doesn't put her off voting EVER AGAIN

18. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

I had someone ask me what the EU was today. Seriously.

19. Alex

Alex User

We need the stability of a coalition at that point , a minority government would have been a disaster nothing would have got done and the economy and thus people would have suffered. We got some good policies we'd never have had otherwise e.g raising of tax free allowance, gay marriage it helped Cameron to pursue more socially liberal policies otherwise the right wing would have had FAR more influence.

My dad DESPISED the lib dems, as a conservative supporter so to me that means they must have done some good!

20. Slave

Slave User

Which information specifically? There wasn't one thing (ie. "£350 million a week for the NHS") that prompted my vote, so I'm not sure what you're referring to.

As for a contingency plan - I realise David Cameron was in a position where he was firmly in one camp and to publicly outline his plans for a successful Leave vote would undermine that stance. But ultimately he's still in charge of running the country and I would have expected therefore that there would be SOME sort of preparation for either outcome, which doesn't feel evident at all.

21. Loufoque

My aunt voted Brexit. When I told her that the exchange rate had fucked me over in terms of cost of living, she replied:

"It just goes to show that the less one has the happier one is in life!!!!!!"

WTF? These fundamentalist Leavers make NO sense.

I saw another comment in the DM today asking for "a positive narrative for the 17m who voted Leave" - the narrative is NEGATIVE because all the things happening are negative!

22. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

:D

23. Ellie

Ellie Super talented triple threat

Take away her pension and see how happy she is :D

24. Peekaboo

Peekaboo User

This is a fallacy that is predicated in countries where bi-partidism is the norm. It's not a reality in many other countries that manage just fine, but that's not in the interest of the media and the main political parties in the UK to communicate. A two-party system only gives those two parties more impunity to get away with things like the Corbyn assassination and exacerbates issues like the current vacuum of power in Westminster.

25. Loufoque

The best bit is she wrote me a Polish proverb in the following message in a WhatsApp conversation justifying FUCKING BREXIT :D

26. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

In this explanation - in as much as I can decipher it - you seem to be saying that you're aware that none of the issues presented in the debates would actually be solved by Brexit. Now you're saying you never even thought the NHS would benefit.

So I'm still utterly confused as to why you voted Leave in the first place.

27. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

28. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

FUCK OFF BILL

29. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

You have seen Slave's iconic countdowns right? Leave all logic at the door!

30. Kate

Bill is a CUNT

31. COB

COB jumped up little prick

Top 377 post-Brexit racial abuse incidents COMING SOON :disco:

32. PJL

PJL User

Some good news to come out of all this, News Corporation shares have fallen from $12.20 to below $11.00 since the beginning of trading on Friday - a fall of over 10%. Thanks to the Sun, Rupert has lost millions of dollars on his shareholdings.

33. Penelope

Penelope SMIRKING LESBIAN MOON

I doubt one of the richest men in the world gives much of a fuck to be honest, now he has free reign over Britain's laws.

34. Loufoque

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jofDZjruhD4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

35. Dark Carnival

Dark Carnival User

I'm sorry but... WHERE is the huge manson?

36. PJL

PJL User

Here it is:

[​IMG]

37. Madison

Madison Everything goes up by six

38. Dark Carnival

Dark Carnival User

Thanks

39. Dark Carnival

Dark Carnival User

[​IMG]

40. Kate

I've seen several different "fixed" Pooh memes but not the original!