Eye In The Sky

Discussion in 'Moopy Odeon' started by RobotBoy, Apr 19, 2016.

?

How many eyes in the sky?

1. 10

14.3%
  2. 9

57.1%
  3. 8

14.3%
  4. 7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 6

14.3%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. 0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RobotBoy

RobotBoy BANG BANG

I only really went to see this because of the excellent cast but, my goodness, I thought it was fantastic.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zoBk3e9fFPU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It really confronts the morality of modern warfare, and the politics that drive it, without really leading you to a conclusion on either side. It certainly doesn't preach or glamourise.

Sadly, considering it was his last film, I think Alan Rickman was too hammy, but Mirren, Abdi, Paul and Northam were excellent. Aisha Takow was fantastic as the young girl too.

Can't recommend this enough. My biggest pleasant surprise of the year so far.

2. Jacques

Jacques doing it for my lover

SO good. Completely gripping and engaging throughout and really had me thinking. Getting to see all the communication that goes on and everyone involved in such a situation also fascinated me. I dislike the phrase 'edge of your seat' but I found parts of it so tense.

The cast were all great and I found it interesting to read that none of the lead four met during filming.

3. RobotBoy

RobotBoy BANG BANG

I'm glad someone else has seen it!

Yeah, it was very tense. I was gripping my friend's hand at one point!

HeLikedTurner likes this.
  4. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

I absolutely loved this. An action thriller with hardly any action at all. Incredibly intense and the comic moments came as a welcome relief. Such a strong cast and special mention to Monica Dolan and Phoebe Fox as Aaron Paul's wingwoman who's been (lol) under the radar for a while now, and is no relation to all the other acting Foxes.

I want my own little hummingbird drone now.

Also, regarding
    I'm amazed that so much of Samantha Lewthwaite's head was left in tact for an ear identification after the two strikes but I was glad they killed the bitch. Obviously it was very sad that hula hoop girl died, but if she'd resisted her capitalist tendencies and hadn't tried to re-sell the bread after Barkhad Abdi had paid full shilling for it then it would have been a different outcome. And don't get me started on the breach of food hygiene regulations.

5. Ag

Ag User

I saw this last night. Great film. Tense and gripping, but also a frustrating moral debate instead of macho action, which made a pleasant change.

I read it was Alan Rickman's final film which adds to it's poignancy.

6. HeLikedTurner

HeLikedTurner User

An overlooked gem! So, so tense and thrilling!