Fatherandy has DELETED the Dr Who forum at Haven!

Discussion in 'Moopy Moop' started by Sebastian Flyte, Aug 25, 2004.

1. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

It was from a google search for AIRBOY AGOG!, I do believe :D

2. lolly

They must have left some 000s off. I mean I thought they were in the GAZILLIONS already.

3. Ag

Ag User

Tee HEE.

It always kinda bothered me (a bit), that they started BEFORE US. But looking at the POST TALLIES, Haven really is myspace to our facebook.

4. lolly

We really bear no relation to each other any more, do we, despite coming from the ashes of the same place.

Well, I ASSUME we don't, considering you have to be a member and log in to see the forums.

5. lolly

I assume Andy DOES still run it, does he? In fairness you can't deny he's made a success of it. I mean it may not be to the taste of most people here, but it has been around for seven years or whatever it is and is still ticking over pretty nicely by the look of things.

6. Ag

Ag User

To give them CREDIT I'm a member for the CHART FORUM. We really have a very different LOVE of the charts here...

The rest of the site, is complete crap. I don't think it's so bad it's good, but it serves a purpose.

7. COB

COB Pissbaby

Is it COMMON KNOWLEDGE that Seb Flyte/Sparacus is still very active over on the Gallifrey Base forums? I'm guessing it is, but thought I'd mention just in case...

From his profile:
    :disco:

8. Ag

Ag User

Christ we're coming up to 7 years.

It's weird, we've seen off nearly EVERY OTHER FORUM, that sprouted from dotmusic (directly or otherwise). But our original rival Haven remains.

9. Ag

Ag User

Please let's not mention Seb Flyte. I don't want THAT crawling back.

10. COB

COB Pissbaby

Deal :shy:

11. lolly

Yes, I think we knew. How is he viewed over there these days? I would quite like Seb back, as infuriating as he could sometimes be.

12. lolly

It is testament to dot in some way (although obviously to us a lot more) how many forums did sprout from there, I suppose, and how many of them are still thriving.

13. Ag

Ag User

Going back our greatest our greatest victory and probably one of my fave Moopy moments (a golden age of Moopy - Moopy Day Era) was the destruction of CRF (or was it CFR?). That two person poster was SUCH a CUNT.

14. Ag

Ag User

I guess Madonnanation, took the US contingent mostly. They weren't really an enemy, just kind of ignored for the MOST PART. Funny how we had many more interactions with the OTHER FORUMS in the days of post-dotmusic. There were even websites, with links to all the dotmusic communities. Almost an attempt to RECREATE dotmusic. That early desire has now all but gone.

15. lolly

I guess with every new member we've gained, the moopywide desire to maintain the link with the past has weakened. And in many ways that is our strength. I mean I LOVE our history, but we can't afford to be that backward looking.

16. COB

COB Pissbaby

He's been the harmless figure of fun for a few years now - He's not as in your face about all the Ben Chatham stuff now so flies under the radar a BIT more, I think he keeps it to his blog when possible :shy:

17. lolly

I wonder if we'll make TEN years? Back just after dotmusic folded, it would have been LUDICROUS to even dream it. But now I certainly wouldn't bet against it. And that really would be MASSIVE in message board terms, wouldn't it?

Indie likes this.
  18. Ag

Ag User

Oh no, we've definitley evolved quite well. I really thought in the early days it might END one day. A run of MISMANAGEMENT, could have seen us off in our current form. This has kind of been resolved under Star. She has been great continuity under the various mod teams. I actually think for the most part that the elected mods have been as ASSET for the site. They've provided (albeit sometimes slow) progression.

19. octophone

octophone fucking ADMIN, bitches

:disco:

20. lolly

ROLL ON TWENTY :disco: