Favourite board games

Discussion in 'Gaming & Tech' started by MAMA, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Peekaboo

Peekaboo User

We play Ticket to Ride with the in-laws so I can make constant jokes about Brexit to their faces. Also Pandemic and Mysterium as they're co-op so we do not end up killing each other. My bf likes strategy games so if we end up on our own on Boxing Day (not this year) we'll have a Civilization or god forbid TWILIGHT STRUGGLE six hour marathon.

2. Peekaboo

Peekaboo User

I'm also partial to card games, every Christmas I whip out my Magic decks and this year my brother and I have tried the new Richard Garfield game Keyforge which is actually quite addictive.

3. Indie

Indie REMAIN INDOORS

My main friend circle seemingly endlessly play Love Letter. It's such a simple game that a couple of Christmasses ago I was playing it with my alcoholic father-in-law and 12 year old niece at the same time and both enjoyed it.

4. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

Is that like Boggle?

5. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

What a tease... I need closure on this story 9 years later

Iguana likes this.
  6. cwej

cwej User

And then you decided babies were more important. :angry:

7. Mats

Mats User

I’ve always wanted to try Twilight Struggle even though I know it would probably end me

the newest Civilization is a great one and takes just the rigt amount of time

8. Suedey

Suedey Run Away With Me

1. Scrabble
    2. Trivial Pursuit
    3. Monopoly

9. dUb

dUb X HALLE

I've developed a bit of a HABIT over the past few months having spent some time in Vancouver where social board game evenings are all the rage

I have started to build up a little collection which includes

Dixit - brilliant bluffing/deduction game with gorgeously illustrated abstract images. Can't imagine anyone not liking this. Have two expansions and will get them all eventually
    The Quacks of Quedlinburg - bit of a sensation with the board game nerds over the past couple of years. Really fun game themed around making potions that's all about pushing your luck and taking one more chip out of your bag which could be the one to fuck you up :o but it might not be :horny:
    Codenames - quick, fun party game where you have to guess certain groups of words based on obscure linking clues
    Just One - another party game where you all write one word to lead the guesser to guess a particular OTHER word. the twist is, if there are any duplicate words offered, they're ruled out, so you have to think outside the BOX :DAF:

Currently waiting on Amazon to deliver

Go Nuts For Donuts - another quick one, mainly for the kids :side-eye:
    Villainous - Disney-themed strategy game where you play one of their iconic villains and the first to complete your own devious goal wins. It seems great, for the playing pieces alone :disco:

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 29, 2020
    Iguana and Star like this.
  10. Indie

Indie REMAIN INDOORS

I like a bit of codenames. There's a knock-off online version too so it's been good for zoom parties and the like.

11. Star

Star Homo Secretary (OB)

I feel like organising a Moopy zoom games night :D

vespertine and David_5000 like this.
  12. Star

Star Homo Secretary (OB)

@cwej @Suomi Mr Star played some of those Jack box games on zoom the other day and said they worked really well!

13. Indie

Indie REMAIN INDOORS

Jackbox is a bit of larf for a one-off, but the games can get a bit dull second time around.

14. Alex

Alex Go fish

Oh yes We did quibbage with friends the other week. Soooo much better than “Cards against humanity”

Star likes this.
  15. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

I love a board game. We did a Sunday afternoon back-to-back of Ticket To Ride and Where Is Moldova for my birthday (pre-lockdown).

The former is great, the latter is comedically awful. So convoluted!