Footy bants 2018-19

Discussion in 'Sport' started by Jark, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Jark

Jark User

Kepa should be fucking terminated immediately for that. What an awful cunt. Sarri AGOG! He's never been more relatable.

Chelsea really is a team of HORRIBLY entitled individuals.

2. Mugatu

Mugatu Ladministrator

The Champions League domination is over, few things are as good as watching Real Madrid get completely dicked.

Tadic seemed to be possessed by Ronaldo for the entire game, his goal and assist for Neres were both incredible.

Jark likes this.
  3. Jark

Jark User

I'm loving Champions League this year. all the teams left in are really good (even Porto)

QF ties
    United vs Barcelona
    City vs Spurs
    Ajax vs Juventus
    Liverpool vs Porto

I would not be surprised by a City v Liverpool final and I think it's Liverpool's year, which will nicely offset the disappointment of them basically handing the league to City

4. Mugatu

Mugatu Ladministrator

I know City have a slightly easier end to the season but I think Liverpool honestly have a better chance of winning the league than the CL.

They were very good against a pretty average Bayern but they're not on the same level as Barcelona or Juventus yet. I love Klopp, his style of play at its best is as exciting to watch as a Guardiola team, but their midfield is an obvious weak spot and they had a lucky run to the final last year, barring the City game.

My incredibly unpredictable guesses:

United vs Barcelona
    City vs Spurs
    Ajax vs Juventus
    Liverpool vs Porto

Jark likes this.
  5. Indie

Indie Skeptopotamus

Do they have an easier run in? Liverpool have spurs and Chelsea at home, whereas Man City have got spurs home and Man Utd away. I can see city dropping points in that Man U match...

6. Indie

Indie Skeptopotamus

The hardest away match Liverpool have is Newcastle away (13th). At home they're pretty formidable.

7. Jark

Jark User

City won't drop points vs United. I'm quite sure they'll win the league, this last couple of months is where the sheer depth of their squad will start to prove really useful

8. Mugatu

Mugatu Ladministrator

Yeah, I think so. Maybe not on paper but Liverpool have Southampton away too, who have had a couple of decent games against top six sides lately and something to play for. And I'd always favour City under pressure anyway.

Obviously it depends how far both teams go in the CL but City's squad is far deeper as well, we've seen in the last couple of months that Liverpool have no bench and Klopp seems to have given up on Shaqiri for some reason.

9. Indie

Indie Skeptopotamus

Spurs definitely gave Liverpool a tough contest yesterday. But that's one major test down for them.

10. Mugatu

Mugatu Ladministrator

The regression to the mean is coming, Liverpool must have won three or four games because of last-minute errors at this point. I can feel them dropping points against Chelsea in a heart-breaking fashion deep in my bones.

They're still an extremely good team and should easily finish with 90+ points, but I'm more confident in City's ability to handle two massive games per week.

11. Indie

Indie Skeptopotamus

Following the Liverpool win today, theres a strong chance they'll win every game left. Newcastle away probably being their hardest match.

Man City's games against Spurs and Man Utd will be where it's won or lost. They'll probably still do it though.

12. Mugatu

Mugatu Ladministrator

That was an incredible match. I'm not sure how Spurs survived the last 10mins, but seeing Guardiola and City fail in the Champions League once again is so good.

The CL is probably Barcelona's to lose at this point (although I think they would have beaten City/Juve anyway), but Klopp's never faced them before so it'll be interesting to see how Liverpool cope. Spurs-Ajax could also be a brilliant game, it'll be a real shame when their team gets ripped up Monaco-style in the summer.

13. Indie

Indie Skeptopotamus

No offence to Spurs or Ajax, but Liverpool vs Barca is probably the real final.

I'd love to see Spurs put Man City's Premier League ambitions to bed too. On the strength of last night's tie, that seems unlikely however.

14. Jark

Jark User

I think Ajax will make the final.

Spurs were lucky as fuck to get through that - they were being fucking schooled by City for the majority of it. I'm gutted, not just because I hate Spurs but because objectively City were the more deserving by far and the CL is better when proper powerhouse teams make the semis and final.