Grace and Frankie (Lily Tomlin and Jane Fonda Netflix Comedy)

Discussion in 'Moopy TV' started by Phoenix, Apr 9, 2015.

1. VoR

VoR Forever in our hearts #Justice4Barb

There's one that Amy Schumer guests on for 'The Color of Night', a 90s erotic thriller starring Bruce Willis, which is pretty funny. I haven't even seen the film, but they make it sound completely insane.

2. Tetris-Rock

Tetris-Rock TRAY UP, BITCH

I don't like actually WATCHING the films they discuss, as I feel they can never make up for how utterly crazy they make them sound.

3. Devil

Devil I Need A House

I've just found this (well, my flatmate - I'm yet to learn how to use this Netflix thing) - and it's bloody brilliant!

8 episodes in a row last night. Not laugh-out-loud funny but a thoroughly enjoyable show.

4. Christian

Christian GOOD BYE!

Late to the party, but having just finished Season 1, I'm finding this a really glorious, brain-free show. Fonda is a marvel, Tomlin brings the caustic wit and the rest really is window dressing, but of the best kind.

Transparent is in a different league though - genuinely affecting.

5. SDF

SDF The Wait is Over

This is back and I'm already 8 episodes in :disco:

6. ZZ

ZZ staring at you

Finished the 3rd season. Really much much better than the 2nd one and Lily Tomlin and Jane Fonda continue giving great performances in this. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Is there going to be a 4th season perhaps?

7. Ag

Ag User

We binged this at the weekend and loved it. However some of the none female characters can be culled. Jane Fonda and Lilly Tomlin are both amazing, especially the latter who steals every scene. While Brianna was always great fun, I'm glad they've injected some life into Mallory.

Now as for everyone else - I don't give a shit about the son with the hypochondriac girlfriend and the alcoholic son might be fun if we actually witnessed some of the carnage. Worst of all are the gays - I cringe every time they take up airtime. They're just deeply unappealing characters. They seem so unlikely as a couple to boot. Although some of the additional gays made the situation slightly more bearable.

8. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

I can't not post this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She's 80 in three months

Suedey likes this.
  9. lolly

Jane Fonda, Dolly Parton and Lilly Tomlin tumbled out of bed and stumbled to the Emmy stage on Sunday, briefly making the world a better place.

Thirty-seven years after their feminist comedy classic hit theaters, the “9 to 5” stars reunited to present the award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Limited Series or Movie. (Alexander Skarsgård won.)

“Well, thank you, that’s nice,” Parton said, responding to the audience’s standing ovation.

[​IMG]

“Back in 1980, in that movie, we refused to be controlled by a sexist, egotistical, lying, hypocritical bigot,” Fonda exclaimed, to which Tomlin responded, “And in 2017 we still refuse to be controlled by a sexist, egotistical, lying, hypocritical bigot,” to which Parton responded with commentary about her boobs.

“I’m just hoping that I’m going to get one of those ‘Grace and Frankie’ vibrators in my swag bag tonight,” Parton continued, referring to Tomlin and Fonda’s Emmy-nominated Netflix show.

Ellie likes this.
  10. Ag

Ag User

We already have a topic about the new Bananarama tour.

COB, lolly and Ellie like this.
  11. Lucille

Lucille User

New season now on Netflix, with added Lisa Kudrow :disco:

12. Lucille

Lucille User

I imagine the 5 mil of diamonds dangling behind her neck are there to keep her face TAUT.

13. Ag

Ag User

Oh God! They come around so quickly. Always a treat! I wish there was an edit without the husbands though.

14. Lucille

Lucille User

I'm only half way through the first episode and they're as useless as ever. I would have a crush on Sol though if he wasn't such a total bottom.

15. Lucille

Lucille User

I hope the Martin Sheen is not still STILL receiving the same paycheck as Jane Fonda.

16. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

The awful husbands are the reason why I never made it past second episode of the second season.

17. lolly

For some reason I never got around to the last episode of season three. Now is a good time for it, I guess.

I don't find the husbands THAT terrible, to be honest. They are just kind of there, although I agree they don't need to be.

18. Ellie

Ellie Super talented triple threat

19. VoR

VoR Forever in our hearts #Justice4Barb

I just can’t get into this show. I want to love it, but it’s just so twee and cartoonish. It’s not just the husband - all the kids who aren’t June Dianne Raphael set my teeth on edge too.

20. lolly

QUEEN!

21. Lucille

Lucille User

I love how BLITHELY they deal with the fact Grace is an alchoholic.

22. SDF

SDF The Wait is Over

I just find this delightful and exactly what I need to get me through the rest of January

lolly likes this.
  23. Lucille

Lucille User

Exactly, sometimes you just need a show about very wealthy and attractive people to distract you from the abject misery of your day-day-day life. But in all seriousness, I do relate with Jane Fonda's plight of living in a beautiful beach house worth several million dollars, and worrying if your billionaire toyboy notices you're wearing fake lashes! Am I even being ironic, I genuinely don't know!

24. lolly

Anyone bothered with season 5 yet? I was going to start last night, but thought I'd better reacquaint myself with how 4 ended first.

25. Slave

Slave User

Netflix has a nice recap.

I've watched the first episode and it was reliably humorous. Most importantly, Roy remains NAKED - because I was very eager to see more of THAT plot thread.

Brianne remains a QoL and steals EVERY scene she's in. Also, Coyote has been WORKING OUT - his arms are :horny: *dies*

Suedey likes this.
  26. lolly

I couldn't see the recap. But I needn't have worried.

Managed to watch 5 or 6 episodes last night. By the time of the last one I could feel my attention wandering all over the place, which I think is inevitable for something as slight as this. But it's exactly what SDF says above, and just the thing for BLUE MONDAY, so I fully intend watching another two or three this evening before going to bed.

27. lolly

I can't really say I've noticed Coyote's arms. Or at least his hair needs sorting out before I can focus on them.

28. Suedey

Suedey GOD CONTROL

Love this show, love Jane Fonda, love Brianna and yes I've fancied Coyote for ages :horny: