Homeland

Discussion in 'Moopy TV' started by dUb, May 7, 2012.

1. dUb

dUb TRIUMPHANT (GET 'EM)

Why didn't we have a thread about this? I know it's been discussed in other threads but JEEZ!

Anyway the finale was fantastic, WASN'T IT?

Claire Danes is so bloody good and so is Damian Lewis once you get past the annoying mouth. His daughter is also brilliant; in fact the only weak link for me is the woman from V.

My hope for Season 2 is that Saul turns out NOT to be the mole, because at this point it seems too obvious and if they're hoping that would come as a shock, they're mistaken.

Season 2 teaser (no new footage):

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CJoEz38T1uo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Eileen

Eileen All the better to see you with, my dear.

I was at a mate's birthday on Saturday and they were ALL going on about this. Does anyone know if there's a boxset about? I might get it and watch it all in one go like I did with Lost.

EDIT: Released in October apparently.

Last edited: May 7, 2012
  3. Crash

Crash Thank You

The finale was absolutely INCREDIBLE, the whole scene with Brody in the bunker with the Vice-president was just nerve-wreckingly brilliant. Dana really came into her own in this episode!

Best drama of the year BAR NONE

4. Johnkm

Johnkm Valar Morghulis

I agree, Saul being the mole would be a little too obvious. I'm not sure who else it could be if not him though.

I wasn't much of a fan of Claire prior to watching this, but it totally changed my view on her, she really is incredible in it. Sometimes I think she actually might be just that unhinged herself she plays it so well. The last 2/3 episodes were all so TENSE, the scene at the end of episode 11 where Estes fires Carrie because he sees how deranged she really is was probably the series highlight for me. That or the scene in episode 12 with the VP.

5. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

Loved the first season and it's interesting to see how they are going to go about season 2. Claire Danes is amazing and that scene that Johnkm is talking about was the most demented i've seen on TV.

6. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

I LOVED the finale but I thought the scene in the bunker was a bit RIDIC. It was like Wile E. Coyote with all the things going wrong.

I am so angry with myself for thinking the AMAZING Saul was the mole. I loved his and Carrie's relationship. Was particularly amused by her constantly getting arrested/detained in the finale. It wasn't dissimilar to Kim's continual kidnapping in 24.

The electric shock therapy ending was more disturbing than ANYTHING that had gone on in the series. Just horrible.

Last edited: May 7, 2012
  7. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

I think Estes is the mole BTW.

8. ameraal

ameraal true love is making a comeback

september? pfft!

anyway, yeah, good show
    as mentioned the last couple of episodes were amazing

9. TurnerPrize

TurnerPrize time to dance

QUESTION:

Is David Harewood in this a lot? Because i'd quite like to watch but I FUCKING HATE HIM SO FUCKING MUCH. I'm not very keen on Damien Lewis either but he's not in the same league as Harewood (i think only rafe spall is tbh). Hang the casting director.

10. FetchFugly

FetchFugly closing in again

He is in every episode (I believe) but very much in a supporting role, so I don't think your Harewood hatred should be a problem. His american accent was quite terrible at the beginning I thought but it either improved or I got used to it.

11. FetchFugly

Yes, it was horrible. I didn't realise they still did that.

12. PercyPig

PercyPig The Last of Us

Saul is so the mole. That mystery file wasn't "found"

13. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

Bar the Game of Thrones trailers this is probably one of the best trailers i've seen for a TV show.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/o6RDqLVphPI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. PercyPig

PercyPig The Last of Us

Isn't that the Downton Abbey music? :D

15. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

i think it'll be weird if Downton Abbey suddenly burst into Every Step You Take.

16. Johnkm

Johnkm Valar Morghulis

Oh that looks great! I'm most interested in how/what role Carrie is going to be playing after what happened in the end of S1.

17. Johnkm

Johnkm Valar Morghulis

This won best drama, best actor and best actress at the Emmy's last night :disco:

18. dUb

dUb TRIUMPHANT (GET 'EM)

The Emmy's what? :hitler:

19. Johnkm

Johnkm Valar Morghulis

SORRY DUB

The apostrophe has long been my NEMESIS

20. Johnkm

Johnkm Valar Morghulis

S2 sarts on C4 on October 7th. I might watch it at UK pace this time as it's only one week behind the US.

21. PercyPig

PercyPig The Last of Us

Claire Danes must be an actual lunatic IRL. Her manic smile when she realised she still has it was amazing.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  22. FetchFugly

Last night's episode was so intense. The second season has been excellent so far, and I wasn't at all sure how it was going to pan out before it started.

23. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

Srsly NO CHAT on this fucking amazing show?

24. Crash

Crash Thank You

To be honest the last few episodes have been PRETTY WEAK, but you can tell it's been a build up to what will hopefully be an AMAZING last few episodes

Tonight's I was LIVING FOR

25. Steptacular

Steptacular User

This week's episode was gripping!

26. Blake

Blake User

Won't spoil it for anyone, but FUCK ME at the season 2 finale, amazing stuff !!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  27. Johnkm

Johnkm Valar Morghulis

Indeed, it started off a bit slow, but about 2/3 of the way got brilliant.

28. Crash

Crash Thank You

Ugggggh that was BRILLIANT

I always suspected he was terrorist since they hinted at it slightly in Season 1

29. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

Who is "he"?

30. Crash

Crash Thank You

Well I've always had my theories about SAUL, though it seems hardly anyone is agreeing with me :(

31. Johnkm

Johnkm Valar Morghulis

I've seen a few people mention that and it could work I guess, I just hope it isn't true.

32. Crash

Crash Thank You

There was a HINT of it last season - was it around the time of the lie detector?

I just find that it was all TOO coincidental that he was at Abu Nazir's funeral leaving him out of the way of the bomb - what was he doing there anyways?

Also, they touched on the idea that the whole plot of Brody and Abu Nazir was a big RED HERRING for the real person in a position of power to be the terrorist - and now with the bomb killing Estes Saul IS the man in charge.

And that smile at the end was ALL A BIT FAKE if you ask me.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  33. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

I'm only three episodes in and I just wanted to comment on the major boner that Brody has after the daughter walks in on him and the wife, it was very distracting.

I don't know what happens later in the season (have been avoiding spoilers left and right) but the consensus is that it's gone to shit :(

34. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

Can I show some appreciation for the wonderfully continentally named Diego Klattenhoff.

[​IMG]

My favourite theory is that Brody IS the terrorist, Carrie realises this, and she's sent him off to trail and trap him, or whatver the terminology is.

35. Steptacular

Steptacular User

Always here for Mike and Jess sex scenes.

36. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

Well that wasn't as bad as everyone was saying it was. It all became a bit too 24 by the last few episodes and there were a lot of plot holes throughout the whole season but not too shabby.

I liked it but I didn't love it the same way I did season 1. Also I think they dropped the mole thing, Saul has to be a good guy after all that.

37. Cécile

Cécile Shep's Classic 12"

I finally caught up with the second season's finale. INTENSE is the word. What an incredible show!

I've never quite seen it before, but isn't Rupert Friend sex on legs? :disco:

Claire Danes must be on meds in real life, no one is that good (she probably isn't, but still).

38. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

Is anyone watching the current season? I thought the first two episodes were pretty good.

I'm not very impressed with Brody as a sub par Jack Bowers on cocaine, but I'll give it a chance also the doctor makes my skin crawl. Saul loosing his cool on the veiled analyst was also pretty bad and inconsistent with his character. I'm not hating Dana's storyline.

39. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

The twist at the end of episode 4 was amazing. Claire Danes deserves all her acting awards.

And Diego Klattenhoff needs to feature more, preferably naked.

40. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

it was an interesting twist but a bit far fetched. Apparently this has been the plan from day 1 which does not really work. Still it was a big enough twist that everyone was talking about it the next day although I'd wish that we'd move on from Claire Danes on/off her meds