Homeland

Discussion in 'Moopy TV' started by dUb, May 7, 2012.

1. Madison

Madison Everything goes up by six

Urgh. I hate knowing there's going to be a twist.

2. Ryan

Ryan User

I'm really finding Season 3 to be a bit RUBBISH to be honest. It feels a bit like they're making it up as they go along. I couldn't care LESS about Dana's teenage romance. The change in Saul's character is just ridiculous and unrealistic.

I hope it gets better. :(

3. Steptacular

Steptacular User

I really liked the last episode and that
    Carrie was working for Saul all along but it still feels like he's exploiting her
    Hating anything to do with Dana (just kill her off!) and the Brody episode was just a bit confusing really.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  4. FetchFugly

FetchFugly closing in again

I'm really hating Saul and his BIG BEARDY FACE this season. On the other hand the increased screen time for Quinn is very pleasing.

I do hope Dana features less prominently after this week, her storylines always seem to feel quite unnecessary.

5. Cécile

Cécile Shep's Classic 12"

I'm not feeling the 3rd season AT ALL. One more uneventful episode and I'm OUT. :(

6. Ryan

Ryan User

It's such a comedown; it really doesn't feel as if there's any direction at all. I'm not sure precisely what I should be feeling TENSE about; where is it even going?

7. Johnkm

Johnkm Valar Morghulis

I wasn't hugely enamoured by episode 1 so thought I'd wait and marathon the full season but the general lack of love really is putting me off. That and that fact I gather Dana has been given much too much screentime.

8. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

For some reason I thought the series finished a couple of weeks ago with the cliff hanger of Brody arriving in Iran as the seaon finale cliffhanger, and thought I'd skip the next season as there's been a serious drop in quality this year, but it did pick up.

I really wasn't expecting
    the turn of events with Brody and was half expecting a revelation at the end that he'd been sedated so it looked like he was being publically executed but once the rope was cut down and he was revived he wasn't really dead. This is Homeland after all. However, the prospect of Crazy Carrie with a new team (ft Rupert Friend & tache) on a new mission in some EuroAsian country is quite appealing. And hopefully there won't be any more Dana to ever appear on the tv screen although Morena Baccarin and her Cindy Beale pregnancy concealing shoulder bag will be missed, as will the lovely Diego Klattenhoff Shirtless.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  9. ameraal

ameraal true love is making a comeback

i'm in two minds about the season. there's been a hug drop yes but some bits of it were still quite good. i didn't read if it was being renewed but i think they wrapped it up ok and might be better off leaving it at that.

has anyone seen prisoners of war? i keep flirting with the idea of watching it.

10. Ryan

Ryan User

I've found this season to be completely unnecessary really. I'm watching at UK pace and the last 2 episodes have been a significant improvement on the rest of the season but, overall, it's a huge fall from grace.

11. ameraal

so, season four is coming in october. set mostly in pakistan apparently. are we bothering?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-A6vKiOM0Ws" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. Dark Carnival

Dark Carnival Missss Vaaaaaanjie

13. PercyPig

PercyPig The Last of Us

Only if it's as boring as Season 3

14. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

The trailer looks promising, maybe they can go back to the heights of season 1.

15. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

Don't want to watch the trailer but I will continue watching the series no matter the quality as Carrie is one of my favourite TV character ever. And surely this season will feature completely new characters, and no Dana?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  16. Queen of the Bay

Queen of the Bay User

I've seen the first 2 out of the 3 episodes and I think it's up to its usual standards. Anyone else watching?

17. Dark Carnival

Dark Carnival Missss Vaaaaaanjie

Haven't bothered yet. But I will.

18. Jark

Jark User

Loved the first epi! It feels completely refreshed.

I only saw one ep of season three. Is Carrie's baby Brody's? And why isn't she allowed access? Also why is Saul working for a private firm now?

19. Queen of the Bay

Queen of the Bay User

Is Carrie's baby Brody's? And why isn't she allowed access? Also why is Saul working for a private firm now?

1) Yes (and looks a lot like him).
    2) Access to what? The baby? She is.
    3) Because he was basically fired. There's obv a chain of events that lead to this.

20. Ryan

Ryan User

I rather enjoyed episode 1 as well - I'm glad they're going with a bit of a reboot rather than trying to drag out that tired story that should have ended in Season 2 (if not 1).

21. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

I can't believe they managed to
    kill off Golden Globe nominee Corey Stoll in the very first episode! That was a shocker.

Rupert Friend's taste in sexual partner was not what I was expecting after the will they/won't they chemistry with Carrie last season.

And no sulking Dana. That is a major improvement.

22. Queen of the Bay

Queen of the Bay User

Any comments on Carrie episode 4?

23. ameraal

i just caught up with this today and have to say i'm enjoying it a lot despite some minor issues here and there.
    the suspense is good and i like all the twists and turns. i thought the last episode's ending was quite good.

why do we keep adding spoilers? isn't this a us pace thread? just in case this is a spoiler: i love that they've been a step behind the whole time, it works well for the pace.
    also is the kid the guy from life of pi? he's a bit annoying.
    oooh also i love the ambassador.

24. ameraal

i totally wanna hate her but don't.

25. Queen of the Bay

Queen of the Bay User

I think she is histrionic not bipolar tbh.

26. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

Episode 6: I can't believe they wouldn't let Carrie take the shot! The only one with balls in the whole room.

I'm a bit concerned the older American agency guy is going to be wrongly accused of all the nasty work Ambassador's Husband is doing.

I like Pakistani Carrie and if she and Carrie don't have an Alexis/Krystle inspired bitch fight at some point I'll be very disappointed.

27. ameraal

me too, if you mean farrah. i'd totally fire her if i saw the footage of her "clean up". i mean honestly.

28. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

Not Farrah but the foxy and smouldering former beauty queen chief if ISI(S) aka the Pakistani CIA. I'm quite rubbish with names.

I wish we'd seen her reaction to the kidnap of Saul being a total success.

29. ameraal

oh yes. she looks like a pretty formidable bitch. sorry, i have to go and make a call now.

pa i still like weepy old good eyes farrah. is it right or wrong of me to do so?

30. Queen of the Bay

Queen of the Bay User

Am not sure that would have been a cold blooded decision of hers, or a really pissed reaction considering what had just happen and I think am glad Quinn was in the room.
    On the Farrah clean up task, WTF, how amateur was that? The Pakistani Carrie is fabulous though, it will be good to see a confrontation of the 2 Carries.

31. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

It would have been a cold blooded dispassionate response (and leave the series with nowhere to go for the last 4 or 6 episodes). Evil Pakistani Uncle has Saul and will probably torture him and use him as a propaganda weapon. If the drone had killed them all, that's Evil Uncle and his henchmen dead and the hostage problem out of the way. Sacrifices are made in war, Saul would understand that.

Also I'm very disappointed that hot guy from Merlin hasn't come back after episode 1 as the angry drone pilot.

32. Steptacular

Steptacular User

I wanted Carrie to take the shot and I think Saul would've understood. It would've made the episode a lot more :o

33. Queen of the Bay

Queen of the Bay User

Don't wanna spoil it for anyone, but Episode 7 was fantastic!

34. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

That was a today headfuck at the end. I wanted to believe it as much as Carrie did.

I really have no idea where this is going to end up but I'm enjoying it.

35. Steptacular

Steptacular User

I proper gasped when you-know-who appeared.

36. Queen of the Bay

Queen of the Bay User

Me too. And probably not gonna happen but part of me still hopes it will.

37. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

Saul's mock hanging made me think SEE IT IS POSSIBLE. I can't believe they let him get captured by the Taliban again after all that. And were the soldiers in the minibus ok?

38. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

I'm not one to say I told you so, BUT SHE SHOULD HAVE TAKEN THE FUCKING SHOT when she had the chance.

Forget the cat fight between Carrie and Pakiistani Carrie, I want to see Ambassador take on Evil Pakistani Uncle. She looks like the sort of woman who didn't get to where she is without knowing how to handle a machine gun, or how to poke out someone's eye with a letter opener.

39. Queen of the Bay

Queen of the Bay User

^^ Maybe you are right but this is the most human Carrie ever, it sets the game on a new level. Its definitely the best of all the shows am watching this season.
    And the new supporting cast the ambassador woman, the Pakistani Carrie and Khan are all great.

40. Steptacular

Steptacular User

That latest episode was fucking brilliant! Not many shows do edge-of-your-seat tension or "WTF?!" scenes as well as Homeland.