Homeland

Discussion in 'Moopy TV' started by dUb, May 7, 2012.

1. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

Well that was an exciting penultimate episode although Andrew Lockhart being prepared to give Evil Pakistani Uncle the roladex with the names in (how very Chelsea Manning) was ridiculous. The Ambassador could have had her men restrain him and cancel the vault opening surely. A pretty shit vault if one red button is all it takes to release the door even if it's on a time delay. Poor Fara though, but if she wasn't such a shit cleaner that situation may never have happened. Saul's hairy back was most unnecessary.

2. Queen of the Bay

Queen of the Bay User

That Lockhart moment was trully among Homeland's shittiest and only second to Quinn's German mistress development.

3. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

All this talk of targeted drone strikes in the news has got me moist for more Homeland. A month to go and it looks quite exciting.

[video=youtube;3yBHxsTnIXg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yBHxsTnIXg[/video]

New cast members include The Lives Of Others' Sebastian Koch, Lord Of The Rings' Miranda Otto and Glitter's Max Beasley.

4. ameraal

ameraal true love is making a comeback

anyone watching? i like the change of location though not much happened in episode uno. just carrie in her pant suit and badly covered hair attracting drama as usual.

just lined up the second.

5. Dark Carnival

Dark Carnival Missss Vaaaaaanjie

I stopped after season 3. Should I continue watching?

6. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

I also stopped after three. I just can't watch everything.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  7. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

8. ameraal

well i'm really enjoying this season. russians, germans, israelis, iraqis, etc. it has everything. the suspense has been good, allison has also been a great character and saul's storyline is solid.

can't wait for every next episode.

9. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

I saved these up to watch one a day while I was away, and the first episode with Quinn's speech on tackling ISIS was a bit of a hard punch so soon after the Paris attacks and it's all very topical. I appreciated the "warning" before last week's episode.

After the Pakistan dramas and the lack of bitchfight between Carrie and Pakistani Carrie, I'm enjoying the European setting a lot more. Miranda Otto is fantastic in this, amazing hair, amazing shoes and I'm not quite sure if she's more Melissa Leo or Patricia Clarkson but fantastic nonetheless. I'm a bit disappointed there isn't more of Nina Hoss. I'd be well up for an Astrid spin off. The only thing I don't like is Carrie's shoddy wig. Very Baader-Meinhof indeed. You'd think she'd have stocked up with range of wigs in different colours and styles so she can mix it up a bit.

I'm half expecting Holocaust profiteer Otto Titzling or whatever his name is to be a dirty doublecrossing Deutsche dude.

10. ameraal

is it sad that my favourite day lately is monday for no other reason than homeland vs the good wife?

i'm loving this season and, yes, it's mainly because of miranda otto('s character).
    as usual i have to agree with sharla on the wig. sack the stylist altogether back from season one. does her figure no favours whatsoever.

11. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

I'm the same with Mondays but for Homeland & The Walking Dead.

I loved Alison in flight mode. I'd like to think I'd be that effortlessly stylish and calm if I was a double agent who'd been rumbled and was on the run.

This week's was episode 9 and I can't remember if they run to 10 or 12 for the series. I don't want to check just in case I see spoilers.

12. ameraal

i just finished the episode - the previous post was midway through. she really is a piece of work, isn't she? still i can't help but feel sorry and almost admire her a tad - she was cornered all those years ago and she's still clawing her way through life.

it feels like next week will be the big finale. i don't wanna know either because i just don't want this season to end so soon. hmph.

13. ameraal

also: i feel like on one hand her flight was a bit off because of how she brushed off the previous threat with a kitchen counter fuck. but when you add the plane crash and the kill box it really doesn't leave much room for reasonable doubt.

anyway, good stuff.

14. ameraal

guys, i have been gagging over the last few episodes and this one was just everything. i am starting a countdown to the finale.

this season has been everything. (with the exception of the godawful american journalist).

15. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

I hate the journalist too. Hopefully she'll get a bullet to the head or seek refuge in Russia, the land of the truly free. Also poor black man who was charged with guarding Alison, but like Farah last season if he'd made more of an effort in his job he'd still be alive.

To steal the line directed at Jodie Foster in The Inside Man, Alison really is a magnificent cunt, but god help the security services if they can't see through her or at least handcuff her to a hospital bed while the suspicious death of her colleague is investigated and forensics are done on gunpowder fingerprint residue.

This has probably been my favourite Homeland season.

16. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

Can i just express my anger and disbelief at the actions of the Berlin commuters in this episode? They will have known that the city has been threatened with a chemical attack and even if they aren't aware of what's going on at the airport due to phone signal failure (don't German train stations have free wifi? How provincial if not) surely they'd not just stand there and actually fight an arab looking man who is trying to lock them in in the station.

17. ameraal

yes. there have been a lot of gaps in logic (the commuters standing by while some civilian locks the main arteries of a train station when there is an imminent threat of an attack, shooting yourself point blank in the chest, not ever wearing gloves or making an effort with erasing your fingerprints, leaving an important witness to his own devices in a room, giving someone you're holding under "house arrest" your gun, letting that person have their own gun?), but i don't care. i love it.

i hope otto gets proper recognition. i'd be living if i were clare danes and this bitch waltzed into my show and not only put me and my pant suits to shame but also acted like a crazy person (in a good way).

it's just one more episode, right? i'm not checking cause i'm afraid of spoiling something.

18. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

A series finale without any additional cliffhangers! Except whether Carrie will shack up with a billionaire but everyone knows the answer.

Poor Kazeem and his noble end, poor Quinn and his noble end, poor Laura Sutton with her compromised integrity and poor Alison with her very ignoble end. A life lived with so much glamour and class to finish like that. Poor bitch. A shame she didn't get to kick that dreadful Russian dyke in the cunt on the way.

How amazing would an entire season set entirely in the Bundesnachrichtendienst be, Carrie or no Carrie?

19. ameraal

i thought the finale was a bit underwhelming.
    still a great season.

20. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

Season 6 has a pitch

All sounds very topical with lots of re-writes expected ahead of the January 17th season premier.

The main addition to the returning cast appears to be none other than Heather Dunbar, sadly not appearing as the president-elect.

21. ameraal

sounds brilliant*.*

22. ameraal

i'm this close to rewatching last season just for miranda otto *.*

.dies.

23. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

Last season was brilliant.

24. ameraal

omg, you guys, it's back!!!

*dies*

ps i totally rewatched last season last month.

25. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

OMG when, where?

26. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

The Berlin season was everything!

27. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

Less than 10 minutes in and I did a little clap at the arrival of President Elect Heather Dunbar off of House Of Cards. I wonder if she'll have personality traits that are Hillaryeqsue?

28. ameraal

is anyone on this? it's slowly picking up speed but i have to say the quin storyline is of absolutely zero interest to me.

should've killed him when you had the chance.

29. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

After the high of Berlin I'm finding it a real comedown. Did like Quinn's rock in a sock trick though.

30. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

Only watched first episode so far and I agree about Quinn; I love him but really couldn't care less about his current storyline.

31. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

I'm a bit confused as last week there was no episode 4 of Homeland due to Superbowl, yet C4 showed episode 4 last night, before it was shown in the US.

Anyway, what an ending.

32. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

How strange! We won't get it until the 14th.

33. ameraal

what kind of a goddamn name is frannie?

34. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

The siege seemed all a bit unnecessary and unrealistic just to get to the point where Carrie finally believed Quinn about the man over the road but it seemed very unbelievable, even for Homeland.

35. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

Also I predict Nurse Jackie's husband will end up solving the case and possibly having sex with Carrie.

36. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

Also why on earth would it be that the same guy who's been spying on Carrie is the one who also gets to place the bomb in Sukoko's car?

Anyway, what a mess she's in now.

37. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

And what the fuck was Ava Vidal or whatever his name is kidnapping President Heather Dunbar and locking her in a house with a woman who watches Fox News? That shock jock man had the worst accent I've ever heard on tv.

38. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

I fucking hate Dar Adal, always have!

39. ameraal

did anyone else let out a little squeal at the end of last episode?

i have a feeling this will end well but it's taking ages to pick up so far.

40. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

OMG! I did indeed let out a little squeal. And I squealed at Jim Robinson being the outgoing US President.

I can't believe Nurse Jackie's husband is dead.