Homeland

Discussion in 'Moopy TV' started by dUb, May 7, 2012.

1. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

THANK YOU EXECUTIVE PRODUCER CLAIRE DANES!

2. ameraal

ameraal true love is making a comeback

and before getting to take a ride on the crazy train too):

3. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

OMG what does that ending mean??

4. ameraal

well that was an intense episode.

i can't tell what was more disturbing - watching carrie cornered into losing her kid or imagining fun with peter and dar.

5. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

I can't believe Dar Adal is a dirty gay paedo nonce. Dirty old bastard.

And does no one care that Nurse Jackie's husband was found with a bullet in his head in his own home and a blonde woman matching Carrie's description was seen running from the house after phone calls were made between the two?

6. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

Amazed that Saul had no knowledge of an FBI agent investigating the New York bombing being shot in the head in his own home, but the CIA isn't what it used to be.

The love shack scene was so predictable, sadly. You can almost picture the meeting - "And then he finally admits that he cares for her, and BANG, a bullet comes through the window. She runs off to get the gun and he tries to stop her and tell her he's thrown all the bullets way, but it's too late.... And then he falls into the water and the gunman keeps shooting, but as soon as he leaves Quinn resurfaces. Then the credits start"

7. ameraal

god, i despise quinn. fuck off forever, you cunt. i'm proper furious.

and yes, lots to hate about this episode.

nina hoss seems like such a wonderful human being. i want to watch everything she's ever been in.

8. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

Well that was better, although President Elect Heather Dunbar from House of Cards's turnaround on Carrie was a bit quick.

The homage to Fargo was nicely done.

RIP Astrid xx

9. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

I had no idea she'd followed in Kylie Ann Minogue's size 1s and hooked up with the Manics.

10. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

Glad I watched the recent two episodes in one go because everything that could go wrong in the first one did go wrong. This season is getting really good.

11. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

Unbelievability be damned - this is so good!

More Candice please and more of Saul's wife doing missions. The guy from Prison Break who lost his hand featured earlier this season in full uniform with President Heather Dunbar from House Of Cards and then appeared in Quinn's flashback. Has he been in previous seasons?

Disappointed none of President Heather Dunbar from House of Cards people told her "DON'T DO THAT - THAT'S WHAT THEY WANT!" but you just can't get the staff these days.

I hope Max is ok.

12. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

What a downbeat ending. Not sure where it can go for season 7, perhaps Carrie Mathison: Freedom Fighter?

How nice of Dar to put his nonce victims ahead of his ultimate goal. That's devotion to the cause for you.

13. ameraal

carrie vs the white house by the looks of it. though no doubt she'll have given up in order to spend quality time with frannie and be dragged into it.

i enjoyed the episode but there were a few weird moments (dar's turn, wasn't mandy patinkin the motorcade that blew up, what happened to the propaganda hub and why didn't they bring down this o'keefe fella?) but it was suspenseful. i wish that bitch from child services got her due and that they didn't keep me in suspense for five entire minutes of what was ultimately wasted tape from her house visit.

i quite liked the sinister turn heather dunbar took at the end. she'll make a swell villain.

Sharla likes this.
  14. Steptacular

Steptacular User

Quinn damn near ruined a lot of this season for me but I almost shed a tear for him at the end. Astrid's death episode onwards it really got good.

I kept getting confused with House of Cards too and thinking Dunbar's back story related to this show.

Shame O'Keefe didn't get a comeuppance but at least Dar did, although mixed feelings about him towards the end.

Ken Barlow's real life son popping up at the end as Keane's new right-hand man. Looking forward to the next season!

15. ameraal

season 7 started last week. not very gripping first episode as per.

16. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

Second episode slightly better. Not really sure where this is heading right now.

17. Suedey

Suedey CRAVE

So I've been sorta/kinda binge watching this on Netflix. Yes late to the game etc. But this show is incredibly racist, no?

18. Dark Carnival

Dark Carnival Missss Vaaaaaanjie

It is! That's why I declared it was CANCELLED after 3 seasons (and that was already too much).

Suedey likes this.