Is Ellen DeGeneres evil?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs & Debate' started by VoR, Dec 2, 2019.

1. ButterTart

ButterTart Mod of war

Fucking Hell, she must be Peter Sutcliffe with tits.

2. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

What a shockingly offensive comparison. You could have some super days out with Peter. Lots of laughs, a gratis battered sausage and Cornetto when he was feeling flush, and a guaranteed one up the bum on the coach home :disco:

rocketstail, Diddy, Ag and 4 others like this.
  3. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

I wouldn't put ALL of that past Ellen.

ButterTart and Soldi like this.
  4. Suomi

Suomi User

Kathy’s main point was that female comics of a certain age should be trying to stick together to get past the barriers they had, to which Ellen defiantly whinged “I shouldn’t have to have anyone on my show that I don’t want”

Penelope and Beverley like this.
  5. cwej

cwej User

It's nice when people make exceptions just on a whim of their own. I imagine lots of people had 'uninformed hunches that Caroline Flack deserved it' too.

6. cwej

cwej User

Having said all of that, some of the evidence in this thread is incriminating. But I also don't think she deserves a lynch mob.

7. POP!

POP! Coupure Électrique

I think it's fair to call it a lynch mob at this point, but what is the consequence? Her show being cancelled because less people are tuning into her increasingly sanctimonious behavior? I am not losing sleep over that.

8. Tetris-Rock

Tetris-Rock TRAY UP, BITCH

She's not ours. I won't have her. :D

Everyone pushing back against the so-called pile-on. It's a pile-on only possible as a result of the evidence there is that she is a reprehensible person, which is OVERWHELMING in its quantity. Even if some people are lying, embellishing or taking the piss, there is still an absolute GLUT of stories about her acting like a sociopath.

The thing that bothers me most, besides the potential dodginess in her relationship with Portia, is the fact that she appears to treat her staff, and indeed any non-celebrities, as subhuman. I have no respect for people like that. And the reason it deserves recognition is because of the chummy public persona upon which she has built her fortune.

HeLikedTurner, Ag, ButterTart and 7 others like this.
  9. Jark

Jark User

Watching this clip is shocking more than anything because she had an obvious spark for hosting that show and seemed to be enjoying herself and now it's all so stilted and humdrum and routine. Like, just retire if you're over it!

10. Lucille

Lucille Tin Queen

She needs MORE MONEY.

Pipo and Iguana like this.
  11. Kate

Kate dumps like a truck

What's this?

12. Win_the_game

Win_the_game KETA

To be honest that could apply to any of the Loose Women.

cwej and Zu-Klara like this.
  13. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

Yes, I wondered about that! Full slanderous deets please @Tetris-Rock!

14. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

Saira Khan (:zombie::manson::zombie:) SPECIFICALLY

URG

Soldi and jivafox like this.
  15. Tetris-Rock

Tetris-Rock TRAY UP, BITCH

There was some mention of this earlier in the thread, no? I mean, the allegations focused on Ellen's relationship with Portia are definitely less well-substantiated than those about her being a cunt to her staff but it mostly focuses on Ellen generally being very controlling.

16. vespertine

vespertine In the name of love

17. cwej

cwej User

Look, I don't really think Ellen Degeneres is about to go off and pop herself, but the fact is NONE of us knows what's going on in someone's head. Only two months ago we were all saying how awful the media/public were to a celebrity who ended up killing herself. Once you realise it's a lynch mob, you need to probably back off, regardless of who the celebrity is.

RaspberrySwirl likes this.
  18. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

:manson: INDEED

She’s straight up fucking nasty. Why are people laughing? I can WELL IMAGINE what the issues in her relationship with Portia are, and suspect that “very controlling” is putting it VERY moderately

19. POP!

POP! Coupure Électrique

Alternatively, maybe it will lead to some healthy self-reflection on her part.

HeLikedTurner and dUb like this.
  20. big ron

big ron Nude inspector

TELL ME STORIES OR POOR PEOPLE GO HUNGRY.

ButterTart likes this.
  21. Christian

Christian GOOD BYE!

Well that's me TOTALLY CONVINCED then :eyes:

She's always struck me as a COLD and an ODD fish and I imagine all that money and power could exacerbate anyone's tyrannical tendencies, not that that is to forgive them

Her coming out on her sitcom was a genuinely incredible moment though. I remember going to a viewing party for it :D

It did seem to pretty much kill her career, as predicted, though how much that was down to sitcom stars rarely making the transition away form their shows in any kind of similarly stellar heights is an interesting point

The fact she built it back up with her dreary chat show was impressive even if she flies mostly entirely under my radar.

Jark and ameraal like this.
  22. Queen of the Bay

Queen of the Bay User

That felt so utterly embarassing to the point I was surprised the woman didn't decline her gesture.
    But then again it must be really akward to behave like you normally would knowing sth is being televised plus she could well be thinking that this was one of Elen's bad taste jokes, so who knows.

Zu-Klara likes this.
  23. PercyPig

PercyPig The Last of Us

Never really got the appeal. Terrible interviewer where she doesn’t listen to any of the answers and just hops immediately to the next question ensuring a YouTube headline is generated and the entire clip is just over 10 minutes to it can be monetised.

24. OutSynk

OutSynk My name isn’t Alice

Scaring sweet lovely Taylor while she's heading to the bathroom for a PISS and causing her to FALL. :( PURE EVIL.

Pipo likes this.
  25. cwej

cwej User

Which is exactly what they said about Caroline Flack too I'm sure.

26. POP!

POP! Coupure Électrique

Well it's been nearly a month since your original post and Ellen is STILL NOT DEAD

PercyPig likes this.
  27. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

Yeah, I don’t exactly see much similarity between Caroline Flack’s personality and that of (IMO) abusive hard-eyed old psychochops here...