Is Moopy SEXIST?

Discussion in 'Moopy Moop' started by Ag, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Ag

Ag User

Following the recent "sexist tags" incident, I was scrolling through the new posts and I saw "which Spice Girl has aged" best? I know we're obsessed with female stars and scrutinising them is far more interesting than rating which members of Take That are looking good... however there is something to be said that the gay community has felt it can "get away with it" for years because we were a discredited minority. However as that situation is resolving itself, are our own uncomfortable prejudices being exposed?

2. Rita

Rita User

I wouldn’t say Moopy as a whole is sexist. A select few certainly are though.

3. Floppet

Floppet Spider murderer

I think everybody's sexist to a degree. The gay men of moopy are no different to the straight men that I know in real life, just as sexist but in different ways. Moopy will rate female entertainers on how well they've aged, straights will rate them on whether they'd still give them one.

Men have been getting away with it for years, gay, straight or whatever. Women tend to be bitchier towards other women unless they're slagging men off for a specific reason.

Beverley likes this.
  4. Rita

Rita User

The tags that were getting banded around a while back always seemed to involve me, Floppet or Rachey. Those were categorically sexist.

Rachey likes this.
  5. Shirley

Shirley BIG-HEARTED BUNNY

I just like to EXPRESS my love for RACHEY through the medium of VERY SILLY TAGS

Rachey, Penelope and Suomi like this.
  6. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

I think the fact that we tend to laud women far more than men skews perception somewhat.

I mean that's absolutely not to say we're (I'm) not sexist - just that when it happens it's more exposed.

Ultimately Everyone's A Little Bit Racist/Sexist/Homophobic

7. Indie

Indie REMAIN INDOORS

Nobody is completely unbiased towards all categories of people. That's life. The key is to not let it become mean or hateful.

Moopy is in a bit of an odd phase where we want to be outlandish but balance it against modern society. But fundamentally, I don't think anyone here is truly hateful. Talking about people's looks isn't sexist. Even being mean about them. There's plenty of women idolised on here as well as hated, so it's not like it's a deliberate aiming at hating women.

It's not like there haven't been tag-led hate campaigns on men.

8. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

FUCK OFF YOU CUNT

9. Indie

Indie REMAIN INDOORS

10. Rita

Rita User

I think the tags aimed at me were a hate tirade, which is fair enough to honest as I can be a hateful, pretentious, narcissistic bitch. How can you be nasty to floppet though?

11. Indie

Indie REMAIN INDOORS

I must admit I didn't see them.

People can be hated without it being a gender/race/orientation issue though.

It wasn't me anyway, I love you reets. X

Rita likes this.
  12. Gangsta Nancy Lam

Gangsta Nancy Lam mess

Sometimes the way gay men idolise women is pretty misogynistic in itself.

Beverley likes this.
  13. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

We do a good amount of fanning out/queening out/yaaas-ing and praising of women too. In fact, I think we do more of that.

14. Slave

Slave User

Yeah we definitely talk about women more than men - and thus discussions about age and looks tend to be more concerned with females.

On the flipside, I would say that Moopy has been calling out the double ageist standards against women in terms of things like Radio 1 for a lot longer than those discussions have been in mainstream media.

15. ButterTart

ButterTart Mod of war

I didn't see these tags, but it's a shame that they were made because I feel female posters here are usually quite protected. Considering the vast majority of Moopy are men who are either gay or deeply in denial, the women always seem to be very much included. There are a good few I'd say are actually at the heart of the community on here. Whether it means we're not a shower of sexist neanderthals I've no idea, but as a white male I thought my opinion needed to be heard on this and every other matter.

16. SDF

SDF Moving on, to a brighter dawn

Yes

We absolutely are sexist against male singers

It’s been a problem for a while but I didn’t want to say :(

17. Penelope

Penelope DON'T TALK TO ME

Kala's misandry has intimidated at least two men off of this website.

KindaCool likes this.
  18. Beverley

Beverley I Don't Wanna Change A THI-ING

I do remember pointing out gay men's misogyny in one of the azealia banks threads and that went down like a poison pellet.

19. Mugatu

Mugatu onlyfans.com/mugatu

You might not have the intellect to parse my wide frame of references (football, having banter, repression) but on a subconscious level all of my posts are actually about respecting women.

COB, Suomi, Penelope and 1 other person like this.
  20. Dark Carnival

Dark Carnival Tu cabeza, mi cabeza

I DON’T CARE ABOUT TAKE THAT