J. K. Rowling is a TERF

Discussion in 'Current Affairs & Debate' started by Phoenix, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Iguana

Iguana One two CHA CHA CHA

No, she's actually a real advocate AGAINST antisemitism.

The TERF comments are pretty disappointing though :(

Ag likes this.
  2. COB

COB Pissbaby

I don't know, it looks to me like she's quite clearly using old antisemitic tropes.

3. jivafox

jivafox Stay sexy don’t get murdered

To quote the great Ramona Singer:

“FUCK HER!”

Apocalypt Flyer and Suedey like this.
  4. Cloud

Cloud Heck

Cya.

Beverley likes this.
  5. Peekaboo

Peekaboo User

What's the deal with all this BATHROOM SAFETY bollocks? I'm trying to follow their stupid logic and I don't understand. They are threatened because "a man" :manson: is sharing a bathroom with women? Have they heard of mixed bathrooms? And do they have a problem with homosexuals too? They've been sharing toilets with men/women FOR YEARS, why are they not up in arms about that?

Also, what do these women DO in public toilets?!? Do they just drop their knickers and pee in the middle of the room? CLOSE THE CUBICLE DOOR!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  6. Peekaboo

Peekaboo User

To say nothing of the line of thought of "yeah I'm going to undergo MASSIVE GENDER REASSIGNMENT SURGERY so I can sneak into a ladies toilet"... I'm sure that's what all PREDATORS are thinking!

7. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

I really don't get it either. Last time I checked, women's bathrooms don't have security guards. I could probably walk into one in a shopping centre or a gym and wave my dick around with gay abandon, should the mood ever strike me (it doesn't). Of course I would then, hopefully, be removed in short order, but the point is it seems like a hell of a long walk for a potential sex pest to get their jollies...

8. Peekaboo

Peekaboo User

And also, if any man wants to rape you, there isn't a SPECIAL JEDI FORCE impeding them from entering a women's toilet they can only overcome by CHANGING GENDERS you know. They can just WALK IN anyway!

Ellie likes this.
  9. Peekaboo

Peekaboo User

RIGHT?!

10. Ag

Ag User

I don't know the reference but one bad characterisation doesn't make a full on anti semite.

Suedey likes this.
  11. octophone

octophone ADMIN, bitches!!

Shroedinger's Rapist - The predator who has his genitals completely removed in order to rape you.

Jark, Kate, jivafox and 1 other person like this.
  12. octophone

TERFs don't care why you hate, as long as you hate. It's the same with racists - they don't care whether you swallow the "taking our jobs" line or the "lazing about on benefits" line as long as you fall for one of them.

13. octophone

Anyway, she issued a book under a male name.

WHEN IT SUITS, EH?

Jark, Diddy, Ellie and 1 other person like this.
  14. Cloud

Cloud Heck

The logic (again just observing what other people are saying) seems to be that if people can self-identify as another gender then reassignment isn't needed and some random bloke will go "right, I'm identifying as a woman for the next 5 minutes" and go wander into the ladies' and wave his dick about. It's a very silly hypothetical and don't know about anyone else but I've never heard of it happening! But they also use this to attack transwomen who have gone through the process as well which just shows how disingenuous TERFdom can be.

15. Peekaboo

Peekaboo User

But irrespective of gender, NO ONE DOES THAT IN TOILETS. Or if you do it's just the same as doing it ANYWHERE ELSE and you can GET ARRESTED. It's a STUPID line of argument.

Cloud likes this.
  16. COB

COB Pissbaby

Patricia Arquette QoL (particularly for the second tweet :disco:/:D)

Jark, Suedey, Peekaboo and 2 others like this.
  17. Cloud

Cloud Heck

Exactly, I have literally never heard of anyone doing that.

If anything the ladies' or gender neutral is safer as you don't tend to have urinals and so there's no reason for anyone to even accidentally catch sight of anyone's bits and pieces or see them giving it more than 3 shakes and thinking they're a pervert etc.

18. Kate

Kate most die in your bedroom

The toilet argument is indeed stupid. I've seen them go on about communal changing rooms at swimming pools too. Who would dare to get their cock out in front of a bunch of "mama bears" (:manson:)? It'd be LOPPED OFF with NAIL SCISSORS within SECONDS

19. Ag

Ag User

That trans women are more likely to rape victims than be rapists is a very solid argument.

Is there any known real example of a trans woman sexually assaulting someone in a toilet? I'd be amazed if the amount examples even make it past one hand.

20. octophone

There are literally NO cases of this in the UK. None. As Bethany Black pointed out - you are statistically more likely to be assaulted in a bathroom by a member of Girls Aloud than by a trans woman.

Jark, cwej, vespertine and 12 others like this.
  21. bypass

bypass User

This x 1000

Don´t get me started... yes..people go through something as major and as life changing as gender reassignment because they want to hassle people in bathrooms :manson:.

It´s like..*newsflash*...This isn´t about YOU or YOUR feelings or your precious kids this is about somebody trying to lead their best life and be as happy as they god damn can. If you don´t have it in you to try and understand that and accept people for who they really are that don´t fit inside your nice little box of whats "acceptable" then keep your mouth SHUT or be prepared to be called out on your wonderful lovely opinions.:evil:

Obviously this is directed at arseholes like this, not you Peekaboo :D

COB likes this.
  22. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

They make it sound like the rapists only come out when bathrooms are gendered.

Unisex ones must be their kryptonite.

23. Cloud

Cloud Heck

[​IMG]

YES. I guess I'm happier about the "celebrities are entitled to express opinions too" side of the celebrity tweet argument when they say something like this. I'm strangely heartened to know that the voice behind Twilight Sparkle can be as good at wholesome lectures as her character.

Gangsta Nancy Lam likes this.
  24. Gangsta Nancy Lam

Gangsta Nancy Lam mess

Rikku from Final Fantasy X said TRANS RIGHTS.

Diddy, COB, KindaCool and 2 others like this.
  25. Cloud

Cloud Heck

My other favourite character of hers. This forum has impeccable taste.

26. Suomi

Suomi Super Moderator

Ricky Gervais now being vile too.

27. jivafox

jivafox Stay sexy don’t get murdered

Sharron Davies needs to run off the end of the earth as well.

28. Ag

Ag User

This JK business is really disappointing. Apparently Emily Maitlis retweeted the tweet.

29. Gangsta Nancy Lam

Gangsta Nancy Lam mess

I'm reminded of the US branch of The Guardian having to write a piece asking the UK office to calm down the bigotry a bit.

The British press is absolutely rammed to the rafters with these snotty bigots. I think a lot of middle-class mumsy types have been radicalised by Mumsnet, the epicentre of reactionary anti-LGBT won't-somebody-think-about-the-children bullshit.

30. Peekaboo

Peekaboo User

Maitlis is proper TERF territory. I'm surprised the BBC allows her to have a VIEW on this - I guess it's JUST TRANNIES innit.

31. Cloud

Cloud Heck

[​IMG]

Interestingly, the above account is now suspended

32. Gangsta Nancy Lam

Gangsta Nancy Lam mess

Can't believe twitter is banning Death Eaters before Nazis (or TERFs)

33. octophone

We always knew Gervais was a cunt. I complained a couple of years back that he kept being given a free pass because he'd working out that shooting animals for sport was bad. That's come home to roost for a few people.

I was a bit more disappointed in David Baddiel but it's a common problem. People can always rationalise their prejudice whilst going nuts about someone else's.

34. cwej

cwej User

The sad thing is I've always felt that JK has been on the side of the greater good until now...

Which is very typical.

It seems there a lot of 'woke' people out there who support black rights, women's rights, gay rights, young people's rights, old people's right, poor people's rights, disabled people's rights... but as soon as trans or non-binary people are brought up they say... 'Oh but that's different. It's a phase. They're flaunting it. They're making it up...'

I'm so tired of it being ok to debate trans people's rights on TV like there is any need for debate at all. Could you imagine Piers Morgan saying 'yes but should black people have equal rights?'. No he wouldn't because it's unacceptable, but the media seems to think it's totally acceptable to debate this minority group.

35. Star

Star Homo Secretary (OB)

This is really sad, I had no idea so many celebs were so narrow minded :(

36. cwej

cwej User

Almost EVERYONE is on non-binary issues I think. It really has made very little progress.

37. Ag

Ag User

I try very hard to understand it so I can accept non binary folks based on understanding rather than just as a standard position. I think I do, but having to drop traditional boundaries of gender understanding is a tough call for many. There's also the misconception that it's just a phase.

Sadly the most famous public representation of non binary is Sam Smith who screams desperate for attention.

38. HeLikedTurner

HeLikedTurner User

Rowling is GHASTLY. And to think I adored her once. This and many other utterances of hers have turned me right off.

39. cwej

cwej User

Which is exactly what people said about people like Julian Clary and Boy George in the 80s. 'These attention seeking gays and their flamboyance'. 'They're not doing themselves any favours'. 'Why do they have to flaunt it?'

I can vividly remember my mum saying similar things to that and not thinking there was any problem with it. I'm sure she wouldn't say them now, because we've moved on.

People struggle to accept non-binary gender in a similar way because they don't understand it, but even when people try to educate them on it they just shut it down, a la Piers Morgan.

40. Cloud

Cloud Heck

Loving the meme that the Harry Potter series was written by Hatsune Miku

If I had the books on my Kindle I'd literally change the author to that, lol

Edit: Interesting counterargument by the actual creator of the 'Hatsune Miku wrote x' meme however on further reading of what the trans community are saying (multi part tweet):

Hmmm... I think I still like replacing the name but this seems a fair point not to do it mindlessly. I for one am quite happy not to help make her any richer :)

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
    Beverley likes this.