Janet Jackson is working on a new album

Discussion in 'Divas' started by VoR, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

:D I'm thinking SOUTHEND CLIFFS PAVILION

2. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

NEW DATES ANNOUNCED

17 June - Circus Tavern, Purfleet. Ticket includes FREE prawn cocktail and ticket for the BACKSTAGE FINGERING raffle
    18 June - The 100 Club
    19 June - Lamb and Gusset, Clacton. Ticket includes FREE RIDE ON THE DONKEY

3. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

So this 'World Tour' had precisely four dates outside of the US and Canada. That's about par for the course for Janet though, isn't it?

4. Suedey

Suedey I'm not gonna be IGNORED

It's from the UKMix forums so not that reliable but I did like the 15% figure because it had a NUMBER SIXTY THREE ring to it.

5. Suedey

And apparently a whole bunch of US dates have disappeared from her FB page which in all likelihood means they are cancelled as well.

They hugely over-estimated the demand.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
  6. Marilyn

Marilyn User

I read that now about 10 of the US dates have been removed from her Facebook but are still on sale so not officially cancelled yet. Only a matter of time before she realises she's married to a billionaire and goes back to the hermit life

7. Suedey

Technically she's got fake hair on her head so really she's covered up from head to toe and observing the strict Muslim traditions. She might as well have also had a burqa on - would make the lipsynching seem less obvious.

8. lolly

I wonder if all those fans who were forced into paying an extra tenner to buy the cd again in the pre-sale will get all their money back, or if they will keep the extra tenner? :D

9. Ellie

Ellie Super talented triple threat

I saw that when doing a search. I gathered ukmix would have the details but it's still only an anonymous source from Ticketmaster. That might be true for Amsterdam as someone said Ticketmaster were the only source of tickets for that date. It seems that LiveNation made the cancellation due to the low demand, not Janet. Then again who on earth was in charge of promoting? There was nohing. How did she expect to sell out arenas on the back of nothing?

I've since been led down a rabbit hole of music forums and am on a bit of an MJ high now instead after reading threads at this place: http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threa...016-reissue-with-spike-lee-doco.491360/page-9

I miss getting into the nitty gritty of differences between different album editions with those audiophiles who know far more than I ever could. Simply don't have the time these days and I'm in mourning for my old copy of Bad with the original mixes that I lost.

Quite a good Janet thread too: http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threa...m-i-have-ever-seen-and-i-could-scream.509134/

I noticed a comment talking about the stripped down show and starting the tour before the release of the album with a rehashed setlist of a previous tour. That's exactly how MJ's Bad tour first leg started off (to greater success). Apart from the hideous outfit, I was looking forward to seeing a low budget Janet show. The ridiculously OTT All For You tour looked dreadful and I'm glad that one got cancelled.

10. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

Would it be financially beneficial for an artist to take bookings for a load of dates they never planned to honour and then refund the ticket buyers after the money's been sat in a bank for a while?

Would the venue/agency see most of the benefits in a such a cynically hypothetical situation?

11. PercyPig

PercyPig The Last of Us

Has Janet EVER been big in the UK?

12. Ellie

Some people have pointed out that some of the dates in the US are in some untypical territories than even current major artists don't play.

I started thinking of the old Joseph Jackson process of cutting some dodgy deals with Arab billionaires on behalf of The Jacksons, tying to pester Michael into reunions and sign contracts he didn't want or need to just so he could get some cash (this happened a lot in the late 80s up to 2000).

Could Janet's husband be any kind of influence here? I understand he's an heir to billions bit doesn't have it yet.

13. Ellie

Maybe the 90s for a brief while. The Janet album was a #1 and she's had a string of successful singles. In fact she's tied with Bonjovi for having the most Top 10 singles without reaching #1.

She's always only been as successful as her current output though. None of her prior UK success has really generated much of a legacy to fall back on with audience numbers and casual fans. So while for instance Bruce Springsteen also doesn't have any UK #1 singles, he can still sell out stadiums without any new hits because of his reputation as a live act.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
  14. Suedey

I've had that theory for ages. Her husband looks like he'd be rather partial to a bit of COCK.

15. Halli

Halli sippin' champagne from a paper cup

*whispers* Just catch the Dubai gig on youtube, bitches *giggles*

16. Ellie

17. Shirley

Shirley BIG-HEARTED BUNNY

I can't get over the fact that she actually showed for that ALBERT HALL gig a while back

18. Marilyn

Marilyn User

Imagine what an amazing gig supporting Pink would be for Jan these days, how times change

19. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

I suspect it would be more the other way round these days. Pink is a beast.

20. Halli

That's what he said

21. graves

graves User

:D

22. PercyPig

PercyPig The Last of Us

"Economic Crisis" :D

23. lolly

Can we shunt this to pop toilet now?

24. Marilyn

Marilyn User

Tour "delayed" even further now because Janet's "planning a family"

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  25. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

Presumably one of the captive slaves is being used as a birthing vessel.

(Before being beheaded and thrown in the sea).

26. dUb

dUb GLOBAL

27. Halli

oh LOL!

28. Shirley

Shirley BIG-HEARTED BUNNY

ANY EXCUSE :D

29. ameraal

ameraal is this too much?

how embarrassing. i can't believe i'm saying this but she really should just give up and just fart out a new album every 5-10 years.

30. Gangsta Nancy Lam

Gangsta Nancy Lam mess

Isn't she like 400?

31. Sheena

Sheena MAKE IT QUICK, LUCILLE!

Oh the family bit is FUCKING RIDICULOUS. I was going to give her the benefit of the doubt that she was QUITE ILL but this is just fucking DISGRACEFUL :D

32. lolly

Isn't that exactly what she DOES do? :confused:

33. Mugatu

Mugatu User

I get that she's being demure but "planning a family" does make it sound like she's fucked off her entire tour to schedule some hot Arab SEX. I hope it isn't just menopause and she hasn't realised.

34. Suomi

Suomi Super Moderator

Can't stop laughing at her face when she says "My husband and I...*dramatic pause*...are planning a family". I am going to try and recreate this clueless video and send it to my boss instead of coming into work.

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A message from Janet...<a href="https://t.co/KrzYZ4eyvD">https://t.co/KrzYZ4eyvD</a></p>&mdash; Janet Jackson (@JanetJackson) <a href="https://twitter.com/JanetJackson/status/717653282244546564">April 6, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

35. Halli

So hang on, is she actually PREGNANT or is she just thinking about adopting or some shit? :confused:

36. Suomi

Suomi Super Moderator

It's the ambiguity of the excuse that I love the most - it could actually mean anything :D

37. Halli

Oh I have just watched the video...from what she's saying it sounds like she is actually preggers. I THINK :D

If she's not pregnant, this may top Kelly Rowland phoning in sick to the X Factor

38. Alla

Alla ®

She's 50 next month, how can she be pregnant? Surely she's going to South America to buy a couple of kids.

39. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

40. Ellie

I see she's lying down. Doctor's orders of course, but nothing stops putting on a full face of makeup when on bed rest.