Jeremy Corbyn leadership crisis

Discussion in 'Current Affairs & Debate' started by Tetris-Rock, Jun 24, 2016.

?

Time to jettison Jezza?

1. I did think Jeremy Corbyn should resign and still do

31.4%
  2. I didn't think Jeremy Corbyn should resign but now I do

43.1%
  3. I did think Jeremy Corbyn should resign but now I don't

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I didn't think Jeremy Corbyn should resign and I still don't

23.5%
  5. Don't know

2.0%
  1. Kate

Kate she's for the streets BITCH

QUEEN!

2. Madison

Madison Everything goes up by six

She doesn't refer to general elections once.

3. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

I'd as Sophie if she noticed any difference working in the NHS after 1997 when Labour came into government and invested massively in health after 18 years of Tory neglect, rebuilt crumbling hospitals, bringing in a new pay deal for NHS employees, increasing the numbers of nurses and and drastically reducing waiting times for operations and consultations leading to the highest satisfaction levels reported by users of the NHS in the mid 00s.

I'd ask Sophie if she feels Labour's ability to invest in the public sector was linked to economic credibility and confidence and tax revenues that the government were bringing in before the global crisis.

4. Madison

5. Kate

Kate she's for the streets BITCH

I keep getting calls from the Owen Smith campaign despite requesting no more phone calls several months ago :evil: GO AWAY

6. Peekaboo

Peekaboo User

OWEN SMITH MILITANTS HARASS LIFE-LONG LABOUR FEMALE VOTER.

Oh sorry, hyperbole and propaganda only works one way!

7. Penelope

Penelope SMIRKING LESBIAN MOON

Except there's a bit of a difference between a phone bank being crap at taking someone's name off a database and calling people scum.

8. Gangsta Nancy Lam

Gangsta Nancy Lam Not Lana Del Rey

9. Lucille

Lucille Sniffing in the VIP area

GET A GRIP LOVE.

10. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

Oh FFS :daf:

11. Penelope

INCREDIBLE :D

I also really enjoyed journalists going off on rounds of 'so much for the KINDER GENTLER POLITICS' in response to people tweeting 'that shit Creagh' at Mary Creagh.

12. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

In more positive Labour news, a Labour candidate beat Nicola Sturgeon's dad to win a council seat last night.

13. Lucille

Lucille Sniffing in the VIP area

Are we talking GBH or just ABH?

14. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-cards="hidden" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">RT if you agree <a href="https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn">@jeremycorbyn</a> ’s vision can win a general election &amp; <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/RebuildAndTransform?src=hash">#RebuildAndTransform</a> Britain.<br><br>Read my piece at <a href="https://t.co/x7p9H6VIr7">https://t.co/x7p9H6VIr7</a></p>&mdash; Diane Abbott MP (@HackneyAbbott) <a href="https://twitter.com/HackneyAbbott/status/764148373037481984">12 August 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

With 205 retweets the Labour landslide at the next election is going to be even bigger than 1997.

15. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

FINALLY far right warmongering Blairite Sadiq Khan has finally been brainwashed by Zionist plotters and is backing Owen Smith, or rather is backing anyone but Corbyn.

16. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

Lady Nugee, Labour's equivalent to Boris Johnson, Liam Fox and David Davis

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;Don't start pub-quizzing me, Dermot&quot;: Labour MP <a href="https://twitter.com/EmilyThornberry">@EmilyThornberry</a> gets upset with a question from Dermot <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Murnaghan?src=hash">#Murnaghan</a> <a href="https://t.co/lpn9IxtZhO">https://t.co/lpn9IxtZhO</a></p>&mdash; Murnaghan (@SkyMurnaghan) <a href="https://twitter.com/SkyMurnaghan/status/774899527283187712">11 September 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Someone didn't get their double espresso this morning

17. Penelope

Yeah, let's not be backwards sexist arseholes by calling her Lady Nugee, it's not the most charming of looks on Nicholas Soames either.

In any case, I doubt Boris would've known the answer as a Shadow Foreign Secretary either. And she's entirely right to point out the unlikelihood of him being asked.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
  18. Madison

I wonder if she would have known if she were able to focus on one job instead of three.

We'll never know.

19. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

But her title IS Lady Nugee because she's married to Sir Christopher Nugee and they live together in a £2m+ mansion and send their children to selective schools. I know it's an unfortunate aspect of her life for someone who wants to be seen as a class warrior and a senior member of an anti establishment movement but the Labour front bench is full of those sorts of hypocrites these days.

And as for the question who knows if Boris or Dr Fox or whoever would have known the answer but to have a (I'm loathed to use the term) hissy fit on camera and carry it on at the end of the interview with accusations of sexism just makes her look like a dickhead. Compared to the actual real life sexism of last weekend's "childless politicians list" in the Sunday Times, which happened to include only women politicians, after doing a "big reveal" headline on Nicola Sturgeon's miscarriage. Add to that the abuse the likes of Stella Creasy and Jess Phillips get, it just makes her look out of her depth, again.

I thought the ridicule on Labour's Catherine Tate esque education spokesperson for not knowing the difference between your and you're was unfair.

20. Penelope

Since when has she ever said she wants to be seen as a class warrior? And since when was it hypocritical to live in a mansion when you support measures like a mansion tax? Surely the *opposite* is the case?

Yes, that's her title. It's a sexist naming system. It's the equivalent of the old women's tennis system or calling Yvette Cooper Mrs Ed Balls. And I'm not sure how it's hypocritical either to be married to someone who got knighted for public service? These kinds of Guido-level 'LOL you have even the faintest hint of a comfortable life, what a DISGUSTING HYPOCRITE FOR WANTING IT FOR OTHER PEOPLE!!' arguments are so ridiculously fucking disingenuous that I have no idea why anyone who fancies themselves to have an IQ above 60 takes them seriously.

21. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

SHE IS THE ESTABLISHMENT. And she's at the top of a movement that prides itself on being anti establishment.

But above all else she's a rubbish politician.

22. Penelope

I think she's one of the few who's been canny enough to realise there's fuck all she can do to stop it, so she may as well go along with the ride. At this point, I wouldn't rule her out as a future leader despite her not being a natural Corbynite. And who would have ever seen that happening for someone who isn't the most gifted of politicians?

23. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

Fingers crossed this will join your predictions of Labour winning in 2015, the Lib Dems keeping a lot of their seats, the UK voting to remain in Europe and Donald Trump not getting anywhere in the Republican nominee contest.

24. Penelope

I think it's a pretty big mischaracterisation of Corbynism to think it prides itself on the kind of anti-establishmentarianism that rules out marrying someone who's been knighted for public service. The anti-establishment attitude of Corbynism comes from the belief that 'establishment' figures tend to support support policies that support the well-off, not that being 'establishment' is bad in and of itself. If that were the case, hereditary peer Tony Benn wouldn't have lasted five minutes.

25. Penelope

Did I predict Labour would win? I suppose Labour finishing second but ending up notionally in government but having eternal 'no YOU'RE letting the Tories in by not agreeing to this' fights with the SNP would probably count. Ish.

Anyway, I'm resigned to the view that something along the lines of an Emily Thornberry leadership is the closest thing left to the beginnings of a road back for Labour.

26. Madison

JC's tweet today. He can't help it!

"My thoughts are with those whose lives were shattered on 9/11/2001 - and in the wars and terror unleashed across the globe in its aftermath"

27. Gangsta Nancy Lam

Gangsta Nancy Lam Not Lana Del Rey

I don't see anything wrong with that tweet tbh. It did lead to wars and terror. People did die. People are so extra about Jeremy Corbyn, and about politicians in general.

Come back when he tweets "Jet fuel can't melt steel beams".

28. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

The lolz on Twitter are the only thing making this whole shitshow bearable

[​IMG]

And in other news, Jeremy's breaking records!

29. RobotBoy

RobotBoy BANG BANG

:D

Using 9/11 to make a political statement is so distasteful. There's 364 other days in the year to grind your axe, Jezza.

30. Suomi

Suomi User

Wow, what a monster.

31. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

This, from the Jeremy Corbyn 4 PM account, is getting lots of choice responses with the #1yearofjeremy hashtag

[​IMG]

I think this is my personal favourite:

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/5MzeOagXOIu/embed/simple?audio=1" width="300" height="300" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

https://vine.co/v/5MzeOagXOIu if it doesn't embed.

32. Mugatu

Mugatu onlyfans.com/mugatu

Shit's going down on my Facebook.

A particularly hardcore Corbyn fan that I used to go to sixth form with has been anonymously SHOPPED (not by me, I'm in a total fugue state with this election and genuinely no longer give a fuck either way) to the NEC for calling Hilary Benn et al "traitors" and barred from voting :D

33. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

I like the idea that the "highest avenues"(??) include BBC's Watchdog

34. Madison

Announcement shortly

35. Madison

Corbyn wins - 62%

Labour have managed the astonishing achievement of shooting themselves in the face twice.

36. Ag

Ag BRING BACK TAGS

I was hoping his percentage had gone down, but I rather suspect it's gone up

37. Ag

Ag BRING BACK TAGS

Let the delusions continue.

38. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

His ratings amongst the middle class - those who can most afford a Tory goverment in power for a decade - is significantly higher than the working classes who think he's a twat.

39. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

BREAKING: Gloria De Piero to STAY on the back benches.

40. Suomi

Suomi User

OR: those who are most susceptible to the extremely negative media bias carry a greater suspicion towards him. But that can be overcome - and you can be a part of that Sharla. You're letting your inner saboteur win and you need to break free with positivity on this, the most historic of days.