Justin Timberlake - New Album (Maybe)

Discussion in 'Pop' started by OutSynk, Jan 19, 2021.

1. OutSynk

OutSynk Born to dare

WARNING: The following video contains Ellen.

Is Moppy still here for Justin?

2. OutSynk

OutSynk Born to dare

The dreaded Timbaland is back too of course.

3. RJN

RJN User

I'm past the point of being excited for new music from Justin. But I'll always listen and I could see him having a comeback at some point

Pipo likes this.
  4. Jark

Jark I... know... how bad you want this

Christ. Please don't threaten us with this.

Just fuck off with your family to that cabin in the woods and stop pretending to have anything left to contribute.

Pipo likes this.
  5. Tisch

Tisch One step forward. And zwei zurürck.

I'm here for it :)

That last album was dreadful so anything more aligned with his previous stuff would be most welcome.

6. Jark

he's the classic example of a popstar who has outgrown his charisma and raison d'etre and everything that once made him interesting, and is still churning out music purely to fulfil label contracts / because it's "his job". it's been so long since anything remotely essential. he doesn't even look good anymore, girlfriend looks FRIED.

OutSynk, Pipo and POP! like this.
  7. Tisch

Tisch One step forward. And zwei zurürck.

I'm not sure I agree he's churning out albums to fulfill his label duties. He likes to experiment and take his time with his albums. They all have very different vibes and 4/5 year gaps between them. The last one was just a big miss.

It feels like ages ago since he did anything essential (8 years?) but that was only his second to last album!

(I liked Don't Stop The Feelin' as well, but no further comments at this time thank you)

8. funky

funky User

I don’t think the last album was dreadful at all. The weird attempt to mix country and R&B was a failure, and as a whole it didn’t really work, but ironically most of the songs didn’t actually mix the genres he just did a bit of both and individually many of the songs were good. “Higher Higher”, “Montana” and “Breeze Off The Pond” are among the best things he’s done. And I love “Say Something”, even though it’s Chris Stapleton’s song.

9. Devil

Devil I Need A House

FuturesexLovesounds part TWO please Justin :disco:

Rhythmbarbican and RJN like this.
  10. SDF

SDF We're all Angles in Chainz

WOW 'don't be a popstar 'cause you're over the age of 35 and not quite as hot as you were in your twenties'

HAVE A WORD WITH YOURSELVES MOOPY

Pipo and Devil like this.
  11. Ellie

Ellie Super talented triple threat

I did like Say Something, but I quite like Chris Stapleton anyway.

Isn’t Justin Timberlake more successful at acting these days? He should stick with that.

Jark likes this.
  12. Loufoque

Loufoque BATTLE FOR YOUR LIFE

Her best album was the debut. FutureSex/LoveSounds was that girl back in 06-07 but she doesn't have the replay factor.

Pipo and Jark like this.
  13. Jark

don't be absurd. it's not that he's "not quite as hot" (lol understatement) as he was in '03. it's that he became UTTERLY BORING as an artist. 20/20 was long and super self indulgent and certainly didn't have enough memorable songs to justify the long wait and the massive hype. that last album with its horribly contrived imagery was bland garbage apart from the one memorable song in which he jacked Chris Stapleton's sound.

I would rather have a good faith discussion than sit here rolling my eyes while you reduce my post to its most simplistic form just to make a point. at least quote me next time.

14. Loufoque

Loufoque BATTLE FOR YOUR LIFE

She needs to give us her Chromatica. An album full of bops and not ones for Karen à la Can't Fight The Feeling or whatever it was called.

Beverley likes this.
  15. SDF

SDF We're all Angles in Chainz

@Jark “he doesn’t even look good anymore...” would we really let someone say the same thing about Kylie and let them get away with it?

16. Pipo

Pipo The devil's in the details

I'm sorry but, which JUSTIN Are we actually discussing here? Because you can also apply this description to BIEBER and that GOD awful man Shawn Mendes.

17. Suedey

Suedey [Women yelling in background]

If the music is good I’m on board but considering the fact that the last song I liked by him was “Mirrors” then I won’t be holding my breath..

Pipo and Jark like this.
  18. OutSynk

OutSynk Born to dare

Sorry (not sorry) but Can’t Stop the Feeling was better than anything from the last album. He spent a lot of time in the studio with Max and Shellback before ditching it all. THAT would have been the bops album.

Pipo likes this.
  19. Pipo

Pipo The devil's in the details

what is it with these "heritage" acts not being able to ditch their long time collaborators when the hits have dried up? If Gaga was able to sack Red One and si did Mariah with JD, I don't see why Justin couldn't get rid of Timbaland in favor of someone new and exciting but then I remind myself there's nobody new or exciting.:sleepy::thumbsdown:

and please don't go back to Pharrell either.

20. joanne

joanne u made her like that

how did T.K.O manage not to slap you?

that little number was sex. and him getting dragged across town was an endearing #Justice4Janet moment

Suedey likes this.
  21. PercyPig

PercyPig The Last of Us

I loved his last overpriced concert so I’m here for more of that :disco:

22. POP!

POP! FREE BRITNEY

I quite enjoyed him being canceled briefly in 2018, but 20/20 Experience: Part 1 is still excellent start to finish. "Cry Me a River" only gets better with time too.