Katharine McPhee

Discussion in 'Pop' started by VoR, Jul 28, 2007.

1. dUb

dUb ORIGINAL

It really is MY PLEASURE :disco:

So a couple of listens in and I love this album. You could say it verges on samey blandy but it's all just too lovely.

I am currently feeling THIS ONE

2. POP!

POP! Across that county line

"Terrified" is currently #69 and #222 on iTunes cause of the American Idol performance/audition last night of it:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PfPM0pozj1c&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PfPM0pozj1c&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  3. SDF

SDF The Wait is Over

OMG POP! I'm sure Katharine will be pleased you bought her album, I imported it on the week of release, so I hope between the both of us she gets a nice meal.

I'm surprised they are continuing to promote her, how badly has the album held up? Hopefully she'll get to perform on Idol this year, to boost her sales, and regenerate a bit of buzz around the album. The album hasn't been off my iPod, I LOVE IT LOTS:

08 It's Not Right
    08 Had It All
    08 Keep Drivin'
    07 Last Letter
    10 Surrender
    09 Terrified
    08 How
    10 Say Goodbye
    08 Faultline
    05 Anybody's Heart
    10 Lifetime
    09 Unbroken
    11 Brand New Key

4. POP!

The album's Billboard 200 chart run: 27-107-OUT, so NOT WELL

Overall, it's probably nearing at 30k total. I hope they do let her perform on Idol!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  5. POP!

She appeared on The View on Friday:

Interview
    <object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RMV0-kUMKPw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RMV0-kUMKPw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

"Say Goodbye" performance
    <object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bBxCgaoswRA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bBxCgaoswRA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

6. DrEAmFish

DrEAmFish User

Surley with all this promotion she should have done significantly better? She's like the new Mandy Moore!

7. POP!

Well the first album didn't do all that well either and that was off the back of a decent hit and American Idol.

8. SDF

SDF The Wait is Over

Poor Katharine, the first time around the album was a BIT PANTS but I really do think that she has got it so right this time. I think an Idol performance of "Say Goodbye" could turn it around for her, because the songs ARE THERE, she just needs the right platform and to reconnect with the audience. :(

9. SDF

SDF The Wait is Over

How ORGASMIC are the opening few bars of this performance: :disco:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0IeTfwY4p9M&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0IeTfwY4p9M&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

10. dUb

dUb ORIGINAL

The hair is a NO

11. SDF

SDF The Wait is Over

SAY IT dUb.

Bitch looks like she is covering up the effects of CHEMO.

STILL living for that performance though.

12. NonEvent

NonEvent User

ERM ok so I'm quite surprised I even bothered to come into this thread when I did about a month ago. I can't say bland female idol rejects are exactly my thing but I did quite like 'Over It' when it came out (obviously I was never stupid enough to investigate any further into her debut) so I thought I'd see what was going on in this thread, expecting nothing to come out of it. I then went to ALL THE EFFORT of clicking on a youtube embed, which developed into me looning over the PHENOMENAL 'Say Goodbye'. Thinking it was just a one off and that the album would be all dross and filler I dismissed checking it out but I decided to give it a go the other day and :o I was WRONG WRONG WRONG.

09 It's Not Right
    10 Had It All
    07 Keep Drivin'
    08 Last Letter
    08 Surrender
    08 Terrified
    09 How
    11 Say Goodbye
    08 Faultline
    06 Anybody's Heart
    06 Lifetime
    10 Unbroken
    03 Brand New Key :zombie:

Ok so maybe it's all a bit samey and dull but at the moment I'm totally feeling it. I feel ashamed :(

13. POP!

Every NOW AND THEN
    All these fears I have speaking
    Well if you leave me in the middle of winter
    Never to see the sun again

Now that I'm in silent suffering
    It's NOT RIIIGHT, IT'S NOT RIIIIIGGGHHHHHTTT...

I love how that chorus just BLOWS UP in your face

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  14. NonEvent

NonEvent User

Hi POP, I see you made a typo next to Unbroken on your rate. Could you edit it please? (and upgrade Say Goodbye to a 10 while your at it) THANX

15. POP!

*Re-listens*

It's grown on me a bit, I guess it's better on its own without some of the samey tracks surrounding it. "Terrified" is now a bonafide 8, in other related news.

16. POP!

Some :( news for the album:

Her acting career seems to be taking off alright

And she's just dyed her hair a light shade of brown

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  17. TomLondon

TomLondon Well TomBrighton these days...

oh! i desperatley want Terrified. It sounded great.

18. dUb

dUb ORIGINAL

FFS @ that iTunes stuff :manson:

19. dUb

dUb ORIGINAL

You can listen HERE

20. Man in a Hamster Wheel

Man in a Hamster Wheel Mr Blue

I always get her mixed up with Katherine Jenkins :daf: I spent a quarter of the thread wondering why everyone was spunking their knickers over a bland Welsh Charlotte Church-a-like who targets the Paul Potts market but thinks she's slightly edgier by releasing MOR covers of Evanescence and Sarah McLachlan.

21. SDF

SDF The Wait is Over

A few ramblings:

Can she please come over and play a concert for dUb and I please?

YAY for the brown hair, it really does suit her MUCH better.

FUCK OFF I-TUNES.

22. SDF

SDF The Wait is Over

OH I've just read that the i-Tunes shit is from the week of the albums release.

I'm so OVER IT.

23. POP!

OH I was thinking that it was odd that it was back in the iTunes top ten

24. POP!

Our Katharine performed "Surrender" in front PRESIDENT OBAMA and MICHELLE :america:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tfAlItdhZis&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tfAlItdhZis&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

A bit pitchy, if I'm honest. Odd song choice (this was at International Women's Day at the White House), maybe she should have done "Say Goodbye". She definitely has connections though, I believe she's the only Idol contestant to have performed in front of two Presidents (G.B.W. being the other)

25. dUb

dUb ORIGINAL

Oh KATHARINE

"Thank you for having me here at this amazing event. This is a song about self-loathing."

26. SDF

SDF The Wait is Over

Omg! Yayay for Katharine and a double yay for Surrender, it's an awesome song, probably one of my favourites from the album now so it's really nice to see it get some exposure! Still, it would have been nicer if she performed it for Hillary! :( Now if only she could start selling some albums!

27. NonEvent

NonEvent User

Is this bitch not getting on AI then??

I suppose it never did anything for Allison Iraheta so maybe it's not a major loss :(

28. POP!

The promo spree continues with Katharine performing "Terrified" on Jay Leno

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9Z8vNDzpqus&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9Z8vNDzpqus&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

29. dUb

dUb ORIGINAL

Hi guys

Okay so just wanted to say that 23:35 on a Sunday evening is the best time to be listening to this album

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  30. POP!

So many great songs going in vain, I say just shove out "Terrified" and perform it on AI and see what it does. It was already a bubbling under smash after a contestant covered it for 40 seconds.

31. POP!

She re-recorded "Terrified" with Zachary Levi and is releasing it as a single, this is the video:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/un60RISzE-A&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/un60RISzE-A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

32. NonEvent

NonEvent User

WHO??? He's a bigger nobody than Katharine.

Probably the best single choice at this stage though I doubt it will catch on. They really missed a trick with not putting her on AI

33. Pipo

Pipo WEAR MY KISS

:gross:This bitch was hot in House Bunny which was like 1.5 years ago and now she's not so hot, what happened????

34. SDF

SDF The Wait is Over

I just came on to post that video, I LOVE LOVE LOVE it, but why the fuck did she not get an Idol gig this year singing Terrified with Didi?

35. POP!

It could still happen, on the finales they bring back some of the top ten finalists to perform duets with different singers.

36. POP!

Katharine is recording a new Christmas album this year :disco:

From her twitter:

37. SDF

SDF The Wait is Over

Is she actually going to be releasing a Christmas album? I think it is a terrible idea and will make no money whatsoever. I still can't believe she didn't get a spot on Idol this year, despite all her promotion and her connections with the show.

38. POP!

Yes her indie label is funding a Christmas album, sounds a bit SILLY to me now considering she is trying to build a solid fanbase, I don't think a Christmas album will do that

But it will be new Kat McPhee music so :disco:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
  39. SDF

SDF The Wait is Over

Any word what is going on with this fiasco? :(

40. Johnkm

Johnkm Valar Morghulis

I cannot believe I haven't been in here expressing my love for 'Unbroken' :o

08 It's Not Right
    09 Had It All
    08 Keep Drivin'
    07 Last Letter
    10 Surrender
    09 Terrified
    07 How
    10 Say Goodbye
    08 Faultline
    06 Anybody's Heart
    08 Lifetime
    09 Unbroken