Kele has left Bloc Party (maybe)

Discussion in 'REAL MUSIC' started by TurnerPrize, Dec 29, 2010.

1. TurnerPrize

TurnerPrize time to dance

POSSIBLY. They tweeted this on Monday -

[​IMG]

Fuck knows why Kele is dressed like Jesse Spano from Saved by the Bell, but i like how it surely means that they don't hate each other now/ever. New album for next Christmas PLEASE

2. Ag

Ag User

We can ONLY HOPE. Kele on his own doesn't really float my goat in the same way they work as unit.

3. TurnerPrize

Yeah, after a promising start i've had about a TENTH of the joy from The Boxer as i have from a Bloc Party album (even the second one). He needs his geeky mates.

4. Ag

Ag User

They really DO need a HOT ONE. Even TIRED OLD SHIT like Coldplay have a HOT ONE.

5. Apocalypt Flyer

Apocalypt Flyer spheres

YES please. I liked The Boxer but a new Bloc Party album will MORE THAN DO.

6. Ryan

Ryan User

I would love that. Hopefully Kele will keep doing his Dance stuff on the side, and this allows Bloc Party to focus on their more guitar-based sound.

7. TurnerPrize

I dunot understand :(

Hopefully that bolded bit is just an extra layer of bullshit added by rubbish old digitalspy, because that quote surely doesn't have to mean that the bloc aren't reforming.

8. COB

COB Can't go incognito

What a shame, I'd have been WELL UP for a book about Kele bumming his way through the past few years :horny: There is simply NO CALL for another book about bicycles, they're old hat now :(

9. Lunar Foetus

Lunar Foetus Guest

maybe the bicycle is a metaphor for himself

10. Ag

Ag User

11. Apocalypt Flyer

Apocalypt Flyer spheres

I'm QUITE UPSET by these news. REALLY RATHER UPSET.

12. Krust

Krust User

It doesn't matter? He is a solo dance star now

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EFBxZaWZy-k?version=3&amp;hl=de_DE"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EFBxZaWZy-k?version=3&amp;hl=de_DE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

New EP also includes production by Fred Falke an erm a cover of the Buffalo Bill song from Silence of the Lambs.

13. Ag

Ag User

I've not lived for ANY of his solo stuff. As far as him doing dance goes, he never got any better than Flux and One More Chance with Bloc Party.

He really does have a MASSIVE EGO.

14. Apocalypt Flyer

Apocalypt Flyer spheres

I LIKE his solo stuff, don't get me wrong but as Ag said, it's not anywhere near the TOWERING MAGNIFICANCE that is Flux.

15. Apocalypt Flyer

Apocalypt Flyer spheres

Given the way this evolved over the past 9 months, I thought a rename of the thread might be appropriate, I hope you're ok with this TeePee.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
  16. dmlaw

dmlaw Democracy doesn't work

Very disappointing. There's no way that either Kele on his own, or Bloc Party with a new frontman are going to be as good as classic Bloc Party.

17. Apocalypt Flyer

Apocalypt Flyer spheres

From Kele's blog regarding the other guys' announcement they might hold auditions for a new singer:

hmm, i dont know what to make of this. a big part of me is laughing HARD at all of this but another part of me is all like WTF?
    im quite curious as to what a bloc party audition would be like? i wonder if they would let me sit on the panel so i could be a judge tyra banks style?

18. supermassive

supermassive User

19. Apocalypt Flyer

Apocalypt Flyer spheres

So apparently he's STILL with the band now. According to the management team. :manson:

20. FetchFugly

FetchFugly closing in again

I quite like it but that doesn't feel like a Kele record at all - he seems a to be a bit part.

This is all very odd, but I am certainly in agreement that they are better off together.

21. Dark Carnival

Dark Carnival Missss Vaaaaaanjie

:D at the title change

22. TurnerPrize

WHAT'S GOING ON? I need to know whether he's leaving or staying so i can make over the top reaction posts about it on the internet.

I really hope it's true that he's staying though, since i agree about his solo stuff having a few good/great moments, but not being able to hold a candle (not even a TEA LIGHT) to the bloc party stuff.

After two listens this new track seems like a waste of everybody's time. And if he's going to do songs with women then it should be Nicola Roberts.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2011