L-named female singer SHOWDOWN

Discussion in 'Pop' started by JET BOY, Apr 28, 2009.

?

WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE?

1. Lady Gaga

42.9%
  2. Ladyhawke

7.1%
  3. La Roux

3.6%
  4. Little Boots

17.9%
  5. I THINK THEY ARE ALL HORRID

28.6%
  1. JET BOY

JET BOY PERVERSE

What an utterly rubbish topic title. If somebody can think of a better one please suggest it as reading the topic title as it currently stands makes me feel quite sick from my stomach to my toes.

Anyway there are 4 newly-launched female-related singers around at the moment, all within a similar genre of music (ELECTROPOP NONSENSE), all with varying degrees of record label backing (generally QUITE A LOT).

But which of the four is your personal favourite? Yes I understand I probably should have started this topic in 2 months time when we all have heard the Little Boots and La Roux albums, but I am an impatient boy and cannot wait. Perhaps I will start this topic again at the end of June.

ANYWAY

Who is your personal favourite, and WHY

2. Apocalypt Flyer

Apocalypt Flyer spheres

WHERE'S LULU?

3. Lee

Lee Ne me quitte pas

I think i'll have to refrain until this time.
    Right now it's Ladyhawke. But I think either La Roux or Little Boots could take over depending on their albums.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  4. JET BOY

JET BOY PERVERSE

See a couple of months ago I would have said Little Boots straight away in an instant and not even thought about it, but I have gone off her a bit recently because of various factors, so my current ranking goes -

1.) La Roux - Mainly because her styling, art direction and artwork is top notch. Plus Skream, Zinc and High Contrast are a bit good, and I am actually really looking forward to the album, particularly after popjustice posted a clip of the ballad track sometime last week and it sounded like a proper amazing electro torch-ballad.

2.) Little Boots - I do still like her, but I have overplayed all her stuff too much. Plus she isn't that interesting as a person, and her image seems to be a bit off, I'm not sure if her label are quite sure how to market her. I really am not that keen on New In Town anymore either (I find it quite annoying). However despite all of this I do still like her lots and want her to do well etc etc.

3.) Ladyhawke - RELEASE THE RIGHT SINGLES YOU BIG LESBIAN. Her videos and artwork have been amazing however.

4.) Lady GaGa - Very good album, but Jonathan Ross made me feel a bit sick, and also she has already had a lot of success so I do not feel the need to root for her that much.

BYE

5. TurnerPrize

TurnerPrize time to dance

Little Boots, because in my eyes she's the loveliest and most exciting, and generally has the best tunes. Ladyhawke had her chance to win both mine and the public's love, but she blew it as far as i'm concerned (WE ALL KNOW WHY, silly tart)

I had also noticed the L-electropop correlation. It's a little bit spooky, maybe frankmusik should rebrand as lankmusik to stop himself from flopping.

6. Suomi

Suomi Super Moderator

all dreadful, it's like the electronic female equivalent of a mass boyband invasion

7. funky

funky INCAPABLE

I would like to say THEY ARE ALL OKAY but I don't have the option to do that

8. TurnerPrize

La Roux was really not on my radar until i heard she was June Ackland's daughter. How uncool of me. At that moment For The Kill clicked and i sought out and enjoyed Quicksand.

Hopefully the lady's voice won't cock me off too much when i have to listen to a whole album's worth. (Yes i acknowledge that La Roux are a two piece and not just some bird called La Roux, i know facts)

9. FetchFugly

FetchFugly closing in again

I am sticking with Little Boots for now because she seems lovely and has lots of pleasing songs, despite the slightly iffy single mix and video for New In Town. Once I hear the new songs on the album I am quite sure I will be overwhelmed with Little Boots love again.

La Roux does seem like a mardy cow and not in an entertaining way, but from what I've heard she has some very good songs (better than In For The Kill). In particular I am looking forward to hearing Tigerlilly.

Currently:

1. Little Boots
    2. Ladyhawke
    3. La Roux/Lady Gaga

However, La Roux could move to second if her album is what I am wanting. Gaga is fun and irritating in equal doses, but while she is another electro L popstrel, is a different kettle of fish really to the other three.

10. VoR

VoR Forever in our hearts #Justice4Barb

Saying they are all horrid was probably a bit extreme but there was no "they're all OK/I'm not really that fussed about any of them/Lady GaGa is a pigface" option.

Also I know this may be the pot calling the kettle black, but GaGa aside, these singers seem to be ALL you ever talk about these days everpres.

11. funky

funky INCAPABLE

I purposely ignore the fact that La Roux is a band not a female singer, and I imagine much of the media will too

the poor nameless bastard. I bet he doesn't last long.

12. TurnerPrize

I was hoping that the other faceless guy was actually

[​IMG]

and he'd rebranded for the 21st century, but sadly it's not even spelled the same :(

13. funky

funky INCAPABLE

if that was the guy he should SO be in the videos

14. JET BOY

JET BOY PERVERSE

I have a laptop that barely works, I think its quite natural for me to gravitate to the stuff that interests me when I finally do get online (ABOUT ONCE A WEEK) FANKS FOR THE CONCERN THOUGH VoR

15. Loufoque

Loufoque CONTINENTAL QUEEN

It doesn't matter if you only talk about ONE THING if you TALK ABOUT IT WELL

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYING

16. Lee

Lee Ne me quitte pas

This thread had caused me to make an AMAZING La Roux/Little Boots/Ladyhawke playlist which I have named L'Electro :)

17. Sheena

Sheena MAKE IT QUICK, LUCILLE!

1. Gaga
    2. Boots
    3. Hawke

4. Roux

18. Ag

Ag User

Lizzo.

19. Rita

Rita User

20. OutSynk

OutSynk User

Can't quite decide which is worse, you calling her a pigface or calling her GaGa.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    Lucille likes this.
  21. Ag

Ag User

BAN VOR

Suomi likes this.
  22. octophone

octophone ADMIN, bitches!!

"Didn't we have a lovely time the day we went to BAN VOR"....

Ag, ButterTart and Suomi like this.
  23. vespertine

vespertine A kind of fever chart

Strange she wasn't in the poll.

24. octophone

octophone ADMIN, bitches!!

It was started in 2009!