Lady Gaga - Judas (second single)

Discussion in 'Lady Gaga' started by POP!, Feb 15, 2011.

1. POP!

POP! Across that county line

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  2. Jark

Jark User

WHY? :D

She says that every song on the album is single worthy, there are more obvious singles than Born This Way, and that Government Hooker is full of filthy lyrics.

3. [insert your best offer here]

[insert your best offer here] User

Kelly Clarkson Cover?

4. Suedey

Suedey I'm not gonna be IGNORED

Let's hope it's better than "Born this Way"

5. Eileen

Eileen All the better to see you with, my dear.

GET into the JUDAS
    YOU got to PROVE
    Your love to JESUS

:disco:

6. Jark

Jark User

We could only hope! :disco:

7. VoR

VoR Forever in our hearts #Justice4Barb

It's A Sin rip-off, then.

8. Christian

Christian GOOD BYE!

Of course she BLOODY WELL WASN'T

God, it's no wonder people are getting FED UP with this BITCH (Gaga that is, not you Pop!, unless I remember you from some other forum).

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  9. OhSnap

OhSnap Who?

when she said that, and the audience laughed (as ANYONE would) she looked so pissed off :D

what a TIT

10. Pipo

Pipo Gossip is the devil’s telephone, best to hang up!

Did she not take a poo in those 72 hours then?

11. Eileen

I was thinking more Like A Prayer.

12. Eileen

:D

13. Penelope

Penelope AND SHAVE OUR EYEBROWS

From the reports, this might actually be the follow-up to Bad Romance people were looking for with Born This Way...especially when she's throwing around phrases like 'Born This Way is the marijuana to the album's heroin' :disco:

14. Dark Carnival

Dark Carnival Missss Vaaaaaanjie

Oh please let it be the new Alejandro :disco:

15. Jark

Jark User

I really fucking DETEST THIS ATTITUDE. I just DON'T UNDERSTAND why people want another Bad Romance.

WE'VE HAD ONE BAD ROMANCE ALREADY. GIVE US A GOOD ROMANCE. GIVE US A BAD CASE OF THE RUNS. DO NOT GIVE US ANOTHER BAD ROMANCE.

16. Penelope

You don't want another world-destroying dark hard brooding disco-tits stomper with a chorus that knocks the living shit out of you?

Why, precisely?

17. Jark

Jark User

Frankly the chorus of Born This Way 'knocks the living tits' out of me. And I am ashamed to have used that phrase, just FYI.

But my point is that I don't believe artists should stick to one sound from album to album. They should always switch it up a bit. Gaga has PERFECTED the kind of uber-crossover club-pop stomper that only RedOne can craft for her. It's time to move on. Fernando Garibay's much more eclectic production is evident on Born This Way and hopefully will be found elsewhere on the album too. 10 more Bad Romances would be really boring.

18. Penelope

Living SHIT I said, learn to read darling.

I'm not asking for a carbon copy of Bad Romance (and with 'a melody that sounds torn out of The Ronettes' I doubt it will be), but frankly she could DO with something so large in scale or sound and undeniably spectacular that it shuts up the critics and leaves the rest of us gasping for air, as Bad Romance did. Another chorus ALONG THE LINES of that is something I'm hoping for from Judas, and I'm sure the majority of people would hope for something like that as well! I love Born This Way to bits but it's ridiculous to deny it wasn't really what the vast majority of people were hoping for from the most hyped return of the century so far.

19. Jark

Jark User

Well personally it's only increased my respect for her (coming back with Born This Way). I've always been hot and cold on Gaga, thinking she's been quite vastly overrated at some points (The Fame is a patchy album - to say the least) and infuriatingly over-pretentious at others (Paparazzi, Alejandro videos) but it would have been so easy to come back with another Bad Romance and follow it up with another Telephone. I'm GLAD she's been a little unpredictable about it. Obviously the lyrics to Born This Way are nothing if not mortifying but sonically it's a new direction for her - it's so carefree and joyful. She has never sounded more at home on record than on that song. Listening to it you can tell real PASSION went into it.

I also fail to understand the general indifference to the song. I think it's peoples' own faults for DEMANDING another Bad Romance. I'm almost entirely sure that if Kylie had sung Born This Way everybody would literally be falling to their knees and gasping for air. Sometimes you can set the bar so high that you spoil the experience for yourself.

Do you think Madonna could manage to have released twelve (or however many studio albums she's had) lead singles on a par quality-wise with Like A Prayer? No. Nobody can. Perhaps Gaga's fourth album will be lead by a Bad Romance-esque stomper but for now I'm really glad she went with Born This Way.

20. jivafox

jivafox Stay sexy don’t get murdered

have i logged into popjustice?

21. Jark

Jark User

That's probably the most thought-out post I have ever made on Moopy. Don't KNOCK IT.

22. Johnkm

Johnkm Valar Morghulis

When you set yourself such a high benchmark as she has, releasing anything which falls below that, which this quite obviously does, it's obviously going to be looked upon much less favourably, which I think accounts for a great deal of the 'meh' attitude surrounding it.

That or people just see it for what it is, a big steaming pile of shite.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  23. Jark

Jark User

Lovely wording there Johnkm. You're doing so much good for your reputation as an intelligent poster there.

24. Loufoque

Loufoque CONTINENTAL QUEEN

I AGREE

25. Christian

Christian GOOD BYE!

I thought that was pretty spot on actually. Embarrassingly awful lyrically but it's certainly got something musically. It certainly isn't the second coming in any way, shape or form though.

The (self-generated) hype isn't helping matters though and it's helping her raise her cuntiness levels to new heights.

26. RobotBoy

RobotBoy BANG BANG

Christ alive, I couldn't agree more with JARK. The end is nigh.

Seriously though, absolutely spot on. As I have said elsewhere, Madonna released plenty of throwaway singles in her early career in amongst the Holidays, Papa Don't Preaches and Like A Prayers. Were Like A Virgin and Cherish life-changing genre defining records? NO. Were they great? YES.

Gaga has returned with something no-one expected that still sounds absolutely massive to me. And as trite as some UK gays might find it, I think it sends out a really promising message at a time when gay teenagers across America are killing themselves because their peers are giving them such a hard time about being gay and people are blowing each other up just because they're from different religious backgrounds. It's corny, but it's certainly timely.

27. Beverley

Beverley I Don't Wanna Change A THI-ING

THIS THIS THIS

And actually, given the tragic gay that I am, I really love the lyrics of the chorus. Strip everything bare to simply that chorus and I really agree that there is something quite self-affirming and joyous about it.

28. Mats

Mats User

Jark :disco:

TAKE A BREAK HATERS

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  29. RobotBoy

RobotBoy BANG BANG

And SORRY but 'Don't be a drag, just be a queen' is an amazing, fun lyric if you're not too PO FACED to just go with it. I think the gays of Moopy have been hanging round self hating TurnerPrize for too long.

30. Jark

Jark User

I think the 'dont be a drag, just be a queen' lyric would be great in the context of the verse somewhere rather than repeated numerous times without much musical backing.

31. ameraal

ameraal is this too much?

i don't mind "don't be a drag", but i swear "it doesn't matter if you love him or capital eych i m" makes me violently ill
    not even kylie could get away with it

like a virgin totally changed my life, in fact i still live by it

32. Halli

Halli sippin' champagne from a paper cup

I'm WITH YOU.

33. Christian

Christian GOOD BYE!

It's fucking AWFUL :D

34. Beverley

OMG, CHRISTIAN is SUCH a DRAG.

35. TurnerPrize

TurnerPrize time to dance

QUITE RIGHT TOO

The real lyric should of course be "Don't be a drag, just be a queen - but only if you feel like it. It is of course the 21st century now and you should all just behave in a way that works best for you, and not feel pressured into conforming to certain stereotypes if you feel that they aren't for you, or that they may even cheapen you in some way. Who am i to treat you all like one big homogenous tragedy anyway?"

I know it's a bit more WORDY, but there's plenty of shit she could have cut to make way for it.

36. RobotBoy

RobotBoy BANG BANG

Wordy but catchy, TP.

37. Johnkm

Johnkm Valar Morghulis

I prefer TP's version :disco:

38. Lee

Lee Ne me quitte pas

He should just be a Que... I CAN'T DO IT.

It's SO. FUCKING. SHIT.

39. Beverley

:D I mean, :evil:

40. OhSnap

OhSnap Who?

omg jark's new tattoo has somehow changed him for the best :o

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011