Little Big Planet

Discussion in 'Gaming & Tech' started by WiDGe->, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Slave

Slave User

The online mode is so weird! There aren't enough co-op games on any platform, it reminds me of 'World Of Illusion' on the Mega Drive. I couldn't quite work out how to get rid of the annoying person who joined me and wouldn't leave me alone to continue playing the game.

2. WiDGe->

WiDGe-> 44f

I've decided that I'm going to make a PIANO once I get through the single player game! :D

I'm also going to GOOD GRIEF report all the trophy whoring levels.

Can't wait for photo and youtube support on this.

3. DrEAmFish

DrEAmFish User

widge, i got your ps3 friends request :) i've got lbp on order - to summerise...i take it you just create levels that you can then put online so others can play??

4. MAMA

MAMA #Bangerz

What I thought would happen is happening: Sony moderators are DELETING user-created levels that infringe on any kind of copyright and without notice... not on!

5. DrEAmFish

DrEAmFish User

it arrived!! im gonna play tonight

6. WiDGe->

WiDGe-> 44f

Nono, there are actual story levels. I just went through Savannah, The Wedding and a bit of the Jalapeño (I think) levels with Samuel tonight! The Garden kinda eases you into it, The Wedding is where it goes "Hello, I'm a bit hard now".

I HAVE created one level which is left over from the beta (called Jetpack Hijack... you can check it out by looking at my details on the Friend planet). Not doing anything more until I have more STUFF from the levels. I got the Forager trophy tonight while with Samuel which means I've got 25% of the game content.

I've got some ideas for levels, but I MUST make a moopy level with MANSONS everywhere since its now been suggested!

So need to get a headset for this so I can actually say "HEY! COME HERE AND PULL THIS THING!" or "I THINK WE HAVE TO CLIMB ON!" ... I mean I'm lucky enough to have a USB keyboard so at least its not horrific.

Next time I see you online, I'll jump in! Or jump in with me.

If you need any tips, just shout.

7. WiDGe->

WiDGe-> 44f

8. Samuel

Samuel User

WAY! I'm just downloading the update and I'll be on, let us know when you've got it done!

9. Crash

Crash Thank You

10. WiDGe->

WiDGe-> 44f

Just seen your invite, jumping in.

11. Christian

Christian GOOD BYE!

:D Very good!

This seems to be underperforming at the minute. I think it's crippled with a fatal combination: a cutesey, kiddy-ish exterior but with seriously tricky hardcore credentials underneath (with regard to the creation stuff). I don't think this is the saviour of the PS3 by a long shot :(

12. WiDGe->

WiDGe-> 44f

It can be a VERY hard game.
    And the PS3 doesn't need saving!

Samuel, make sure you give me a heart and my level too btw! Want to publicise that as much as possible. Not quite as polished (I made it in 3 days) but its surprisingly near to the likes of the MM minigames!

13. Christian

Christian GOOD BYE!

Do you not think so? Still lagging behind massively in sales (especially in Japan), exclusive software slipping away, very high manufacturing costs... It's all a far cry from the PS2 era.

14. WiDGe->

WiDGe-> 44f

This weeks hardware sales in Japan:

Famitsu sales (Hardware)

DSi 81k
    PSP 46k
    Wii 31k
    PS3 23k
    360 8.6k
    NDS 7.3k
    PS2 6k

I believe its also outselling the 360 is the EU too. The difference is that MS is doing a lot better. 3rd party exclusives have gone now, its just not going to happen anymore. The only exclusives you'll get are ones that Sony or Microsoft will invest into, and I really can't think of too many PS2 titles that were done by a 1st party dev. Probably Ico, God Of War... not a hell of a lot though. They've done rather well by trying to establish a shed load of IPs this gen.

15. Samuel

Samuel User

Say that again, there were a few times we're we got stuck tonight, mainly the 2 player bits, that fucking cart bit is weird!

Will heart both now!

16. WiDGe->

WiDGe-> 44f

I must remember to heart you too!

I've been penning down a level design that I'm going to make. Going to do something a bit different from all level designers so far. Actually include item bubbles (to encourage 100% completion) well worked puzzles, a story line, survival challenge unlockables and on completion, path to new levels. Many people are designing standalone levels and just pumping them out. I'm going to do a SERIES.

17. NonEvent

NonEvent User

18. Lee

Lee Ne me quitte pas

:D @ THAT!
    I WANT THIS GAME :(

19. NonEvent

NonEvent User

Well I'm HOPING to get one tomorrow for £200. It probably won't happen though :(

20. Crash

Crash Thank You

From a friend?

I'm trying to convince my folks into believing ive been a good boy this year for Christmas. Failing that, Im expecting a big pay cheque in December and January so I may treat myself after my Jan exams

21. NonEvent

NonEvent User

:( No the deal is off now. I read that Currys were doing them for 200 quid again but now it's only certain branches over the UK

22. Crash

Crash Thank You

I heard it was the Watford branch, they seem to do it for a launch or relaunch of a Currys

23. DrEAmFish

DrEAmFish User

Widge, I will play tomorrow on this if you are online?

24. WiDGe->

WiDGe-> 44f

I am online for a bit, but I'm kinda working on a level at the moment!

Ping me an invite if you're about and drag me in though, I see Samuel on alot... in fact we've completed half the game together!

The chinese level featured a bit that I was fucking abysmal at but he nailed it each time, then there were bits that I did better. Good stuff!

25. WiDGe->

WiDGe-> 44f

I need to go back and ACE the levels and collect all the items at some point... need the bits for my level creation stuff I'm doing.

26. WiDGe->

WiDGe-> 44f

27. DrEAmFish

DrEAmFish User

i may go out and get the new call of duty today...

28. Mats

Mats User

I wanna play too :(

29. Mats

Mats User

OMG I had no idea a new Call Of Duty was out... FLOP ME

30. WiDGe->

WiDGe-> 44f

If I was to get something, I'd probably get COD4! Waiting for Killzone 2 for next FPS. I need a few months off!

31. Lunar Foetus

Lunar Foetus Guest

Even I knew that and I still call them VIDEO GAMES :D

32. DrEAmFish

DrEAmFish User

COD4 is brilliant - the campaign mode is the reason I have not traded it in. COD5 (or World at War - whatever you like to call it) better be decent! It's not made by the same people who made COD4.

33. Mats

Mats User

I looked it up on GameSpot and it looks awesome! Pretty good reviews as well.

34. Mats

Mats User

Welcome to the 21st century :D

35. WiDGe->

WiDGe-> 44f

It uses the same engine though, so its practically a new skin for COD4. Inifity Ward will be doing COD5 though. (apparently this one isn't really 5.... using the - as nabbed from Zero Punctuation - Capcom method to sequel numbering called the BECAUSE WE SAY SO method).

36. DrEAmFish

DrEAmFish User

Widge, I played your level! Its...er...weird! I kept getting burnt. Is it a 2-player game??

37. WiDGe->

WiDGe-> 44f

Yeah kinda, either rack up a big score or play with mates. Try not to get burnt as is bungs you off your jetpack and you have about 1 min before the thing explodes and its all over!

38. NonEvent

NonEvent User

Can someone just confirm to me that this game is FUCKING AMAZING please? I want to get all HYPED UP about it!

39. WiDGe->

WiDGe-> 44f

Just the Tundra left to do then its a case of going through the levels trying to get the items.... perhaps having a go at ace-ing some of them (which looks rather fucking hard really).

Oh and to continue working on my level(s).

40. DrEAmFish

DrEAmFish User

I'm trading it in! This is not my type of game. It looks pretty etc but I want a game I can pick up and have a blast straight away and this sadly isn't it.