Little Boots: Hands

Discussion in 'Pop' started by ameraal, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Emma

Emma x-o-x-o

I liked Little Boots before this album came out, now I think she's BLAND.

LA ROUX all the way.

2. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

That's the Little Boots tickets bought. And only a tenner as well :disco:

3. Mikey

Mikey User

So we all know this project has gone rather TITS UP but some interesting ‘insider info’ has popped up on the Popjustice messageboards – obviously can’t say whether its completely true but to be honest it really wouldn’t surprise me.

Poor old Little Boots - songwriting AHOY it seems. Although if this is true I don't particularly understand the decision by the record company to recommission a completely new video for Remedy. They might as well just 'cut their losses' and stick out the video they have. One of the big problems she has had is the 'image' problem or lack of it so at least this 'cool, fashionable' video look might actually make people notice her. But ALAS the horse has BOLTED from the stable already I think.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
  4. FetchFugly

FetchFugly closing in again

Dear me... if that IS true then what a SHAMBLES INDEED.

I did think it was strange when she was advertised for a video exclusive weeks ago on Channel 4 - and it still hasn't appeared. I agree they might as well have saved the £ and gone with the fantasy one seeing as they don't seem to know what else to do with her.

5. TurnerPrize

TurnerPrize time to dance

Poor old Little Boots :(

I bet if she really did take you out tonight she would just drink too much and cry a lot about this whole sorry mess.

6. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

:D

she doesn't have a lot of money BUT SHE'LL BE FINE

7. PGCMc

PGCMc R.I.P Nippy

New In Town although good was only released cos of its title & really shouldn't have been a single at all, maybe single #4. Earthquake or Mathematics really should've been the first single with Stuck On Repeat as the 2nd single only better edited than that album version.

Remedy was an odd choice of 2nd single too I can't see it doing much better than New In Town. It sounds too much like what GaGa, Cascada & Sugababes are all doing at the moment. I hope that by miracle she can be saved from the AXE.

8. Lee

Lee Ne me quitte pas

I don't think Mathematics would have even made the top 40! :confused:

9. JET BOY

JET BOY PERVERSE

God as if they axed the fantasy video for Remedy, she needs something to give her personality and a USP, at the moment she has her tendori and that is IT.

New In Town really was a bad choice for first single, it should have been Earthquake. If Remedy doesn't catch on they might as well give up, totally fighting a losing battle.

Can I just say though that 679 are a TERRIBLE TERRIBLE record label. I said it was a huge mistake signing with them when she did, and it appears I was right. ANNIE, MYSTERY JETS, THE FUTUREHEADS now Little Boots, careers all in tatters thanks to the dreadful 679. STAY AWAY MARINA AND THE DIAMONDS WHILST YOU STILL CAN.

10. FetchFugly

FetchFugly closing in again

I'd like to think that Marina would kick off a bit more than Boots if they starting giving her the runaround and being generally shit. Their record does speak for itself so she is probably doomed already anyway.

11. PGCMc

PGCMc R.I.P Nippy

Was there other labels after Little Boots? I expect there were loads, but I suppose from her point of view 679 was the COOLER option.

12. JET BOY

JET BOY PERVERSE

Can you remember AGES ago a video for Stuck On Repeat was shot but it never appeared online (and was never mentioned again)...well here it is, hurrah!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uoRaqVyz_6w&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uoRaqVyz_6w&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Although its very cheap I actually think it suits the song really well, and although it doesn't feature Victoria explicitly in it as a huge personality I think the video is a lot more unique and a much better concept than the New In Town video ever was...goes to show that Jake Nava clearly had absolutely NO IDEA what to do with LB and just based the video around listening to the song. The edit of Stuck On Repeat they use is also about a million times better than the album version too.

I think had they marketed her as an electronic artist instead of an all out NEW POP SUPERSTAR things could have been different. I'm already getting concerned that radio seem to be ignoring Remedy, I think Evacuate The Dancefloor could well have stolen its thunder...

13. Sheena

Sheena MAKE IT QUICK, LUCILLE!

What version of "Stuck On Repeat" is that, it's slightly different to the album version, isn't it ?

14. JET BOY

JET BOY PERVERSE

Its pretty much an edit of the original version I think, it just trims off the intro and outro. I think its much better than the album version, a lot more in keeping with what the song was about...and it doesn't exactly outstay its welcome at 4 minutes long. I wonder why they made the new version anyway, its definitely one of the biggest annoyances about the whole campaign I've noticed with LB fans on the internet .

15. ameraal

ameraal trash

i think that vid is QUITE ACCEPTABLE, not to mention the edit, which keeps the old vocals

ARGH

anyway, my big consolation these days is not now, now that has completely saved the campaign for me, only they didn't include it on the album, but at this point i'm glad they even released it in any shape or form :D

POOR LITTLE BOOTS
    i feel every post should in this thread should start like this

16. Eileen

Eileen All the better to see you with, my dear.

Well I can't be bothered to read this whole thread. I love the Little Boots album. The album got to 5 and fell to 40 in week 2, which as a chart saddo I thought was very odd. I agree with New In Town being a poor choice of first single, though it grew on me a lot eventually.

The album has some fantastic tracks on it. I ADORE Mathematics (though every mathematician I've played it to gets all "eww" at the lyrics). I also love Earthquake and Meddle. The album has two or three tracks that sort of wash over me when I listen to it but on the whole I thought this was a great debut.

I also dunno who that person is on popjustice but I'm wholly cynical about it. If you wanted to discredit an artist on a rival label, this sort of comment on an internet message board is one cheap way of accessing fan opinion. Though, I of course have no factual basis for this whatsoever. However, this statement: "Apparently they're having the same problems with her performance - the editors are saying that she perpetually appears either bored, frightened or gawky" goes against everything I saw when I went to one of her live gigs. I thought she was amazing. Though that could be course I'm pretty gawky myself. Gawkiness <3

17. Man in a Hamster Wheel

Man in a Hamster Wheel Mr Blue

Fully agreed with pretty much all of this.

"New in Town" has had its fair share of airplay here (so in that respect I can see why they went for the safe, slightly bland MOR crossover as opposed to the full-on electropop joy moments for the lead single), but the album hasn't even crept into the Top 100 :bruised:

18. ameraal

ameraal trash

whatever has happened to poor brave victoria hesketh
    is there any news? i kinda miss her to be eych

19. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

I'd completely forgotten she ever existed.

20. Johnkm

Johnkm Valar Morghulis

I believe she's working on a new album, although that's been the line for AGES now.

21. ameraal

ameraal trash

she seems to be constantly popping up shuffle these days
    there was quite a bit of potential there

maybe she can work on the next kylie album

:bruised:

22. Tisch

Tisch Shiru Shiru!

She said on Facebook just yesterday how guilty she feels that she's "sitting on all this music and is unable to share it with you all". I hope that doesn't mean she no longer has a record deal... but I think it just means there'll be a new album at some point, but not just yet.

I still quite like Hands. It's a bit old now though. She needs to release the album soon before people lose interest!

BACKSTAGE GOSS: A friend of mine cousin's friend (:eyes:) is in Little Boots' band, and says she's an absolute cow who doesn't talk to anyone else. Sadly, I can really see that being true! :D

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  23. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

HA! :D

24. Mats

Mats User

we were never interested to begin with

25. Tisch

Tisch Shiru Shiru!

Oh, I know! :D I meant her actual fans... she still has some, but they're just clinging on at this time...

26. Raining On Me

Raining On Me Jesus Loves Winners

Oh dear, she really was hopeless. GREAT album with a few dreary bits at the end but fuck me her voice was up there with Rachel Stevens for sheer nothingness.

Having said that, Little Boots or Ellie Goulding? GIVE ME THIS PLEASE

27. Eileen

The Little Boots album still is fucking amazing.

28. Johnkm

Johnkm Valar Morghulis

I'm pretty fond of the majority of it too, there's a few of the slower numbers I could do without though but overall it's an enjoyable listen.

29. Jonfessions

Jonfessions R U 4 REAL?

It's great. I'm intrigued to hear the follow up.`

30. Loufoque

Loufoque CONTINENTAL QUEEN

MORE Remedy/Stuck On Repeat and LESS New In Town THANX!

31. Johnkm

Johnkm Valar Morghulis

As wonderful as Remedy and the non album version of Stuck On Repeat are, the track I find myself going back to most is Symmetry.

32. Jonfessions

Jonfessions R U 4 REAL?

An impromptu LITTLE BOOTS top 5:

1. Mathematics
    2. Remedy
    3. Not Now
    4. Earthquake
    5. Stuck On Repeat

33. Tisch

Tisch Shiru Shiru!

1. Remedy
    2. Click
    3. Earthquake
    4. New In Town
    5. Meddle

34. Johnkm

Johnkm Valar Morghulis

01 Symmetry
    02 Remedy
    03 Not Now
    04 Earthquake
    05 Stuck On Repeat (Original mix)

with Mathematics a close 6th.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2011
  35. Tisch

Tisch Shiru Shiru!

What is Not Now and why don't I know it? :(

36. Jonfessions

Jonfessions R U 4 REAL?

it's from the ILLUMINATIONS EP

37. Johnkm

Johnkm Valar Morghulis

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yWKRjO1QSNs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

38. Tisch

Tisch Shiru Shiru!

I'm youtubing it... did she just say "I woke up. Had a big wipe."?

39. Jonfessions

Jonfessions R U 4 REAL?

"I woke up in a big white bed, in the sun"

40. Eileen

1. Earthquake
    2. Mathematics
    3. Remedy
    4. Meddle
    5. Stuck On Repeat

Symmetry is EASILY my least favourite.