LOU's TOP 25 DIVA MOMENTS of the 2000s

Discussion in 'Divas' started by Loufoque, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Halli

Halli sippin' champagne from a paper cup

'I'm waking up in the morning, I am having a coffee. I can barely swallow it!' :D

2. Halli

Why have I never seen the Larry King clip? It's amazing

3. Loufoque

Loufoque CONTINENTAL QUEEN

This whole countdown has been for you Halli

4. Halli

I know right.

You should have just PM'd me, bitch.

5. Whatevar

Whatevar WOOF

I do love that Celine clip. At the time I thought it was actually quite moving. There's certainly nothing fake about her. She really is THAT insane.

6. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

That's what I love about Celine. Madonna, Whitney, Mariah etc are fabulous to read about but probably complete cunts. Celine just seems like a really nice, but certifiably insane, person.

7. Whatevar

Whatevar WOOF

I would put Mariah in that last category as well tbh

8. Suedey

Suedey Run Away With Me

One of my faves

God that clip is the gift that NEVER STOPS GIVING :disco:

9. FetchFugly

FetchFugly closing in again

Bless crazy Celine with her arm waving and dramatic eye stroking and then she just gets her shit together and sings her prayer. She is incredible.

'THERE'S A TROOPER' indeed.

10. loomer

loomer User

:toyah:

11. Slave

Slave User

"They're stealing twenty pair of jeans or they're stealing television sets. WHO CARES, they're not going to go too far with it"

In hindsight, I blame Celine for broken Britain.

12. henZ

henZ do you love it?

"Nobody can open any roofs?"

13. henZ

henZ do you love it?

"There's kids being raped at night! We hear gun shots! Big guns! What's that?"

OMG it really IS a goldmine.

14. Apocalypt Flyer

Apocalypt Flyer spheres

The Celine clip is nearly EIGHT MINUTES of TV GOLD. Absolutely AMAZING.

15. Halli

She is crying her heart out, obviously in some sort of insane distress - and then he asks her to SING :D

She can't swallow her coffee in the mornings Larry - how the hell can she SING?

:D

16. ameraal

ameraal trash

just two days i was explaining to some lost ones on facebook why celine is god

someone please find the clip of her explaing her earliest memories of hearing people sing
    amazing :disco:

17. ameraal

ameraal trash

oh and i know it's ridiculous, but that clip really made me love celine seventeen times more after i saw it
    she's might be completely out of touch, but her heart is where it should be

18. GraceOfGod

GraceOfGod But For The

I can't watch the Celine clip. It's like watch Stars in their Eyes: Kids. Too too much.

19. Loufoque

MARIAH BEEFS WITH HER BACKING TAPE

[​IMG]

Let's get one thing straight. Divas is the 2000s have not been about the vocals. Vocals are more 90s than Buffalo trainers and curtains. Let's get THAT STRAIGHT. We don't do vocals. We don't do that.

Instead, we lip along to helpful pre-records and pray that the track is not having its own Top 26 DIVA MOMENT of the 2000s that day by getting its bitch head on and trying to fuck with your perfectly co-ordinated performance. Of course Mariah is no stranger to the backing track. They first met back in OH ONE, around the time of the Superbowl. They kept it cordial for a while, but during the multi-platinum, earth-shattering Emancipation of Mimi campaign, these two bitches started a long-term thing. They were more committed than a 2-month lesbian relationship, and even Ellen DeGeneres and Jodie Foster questioned whether Mariah was in too deep, too fast.

The unfortunate reality is that Mariah needed her backing track like Jennifer Lopez needs a hit single. It was a full-on unhealthy co-dependent relationship. Her backing track was her date at the 2006 Grammys, and was a trusty companion throughout the sell-out Adventures of Mimi Stadium Tour.

But these two kids were clearly going through a rough patch back in April OH EIGHT. Maybe the backing track had just found out that Mariah had been fucking Nick Cannon on the side for the last few months instead of concentrating on her lipping technique. Maybe Mariah had just been a bitch that morning and the backing tape had just had enough. Either way, some major shit went down on the set of Good Morning America that day.

Mariah was ready to start her performance. Everything seemed fine for the first few seconds, and then it hit the fan. The backing tape was singing out of time. Mariah was froze right there, staring down at her <s>red</s> pink yet lavender dress. This wasn't anything unusual of course, because Mariah is always frozen when she's live on stage. It's her thing. Like a true pro, she tried to cover this domestic up for the sake of her rapid fans in the crowd, but the backing track wasn't having any of that shit and kept skipping all over the place like he was on a night out with Ashlee Simpson.

Mariah finally had enough and called her backing track out with a phrase so immortally fabulous in its cuntishness that it fully deserves its place in the TOP 8 DIVA MOMENTS of the 2000s.

It's a phrase that has penetrated the gay lexicon, and is now widely used by lambs all over the world in a variety of contexts. Just the other day, I was doing karaoke after my work Xmas party and some bitch stepped on my cue. You know what I had to do.

I had to tell that bitch to STOP SINGIN' MY PART NOW BABY.

You can't blame me for bringing something creative to the moment. And you can't blame Mariah either.

10/10

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vH2_x1F0iCI&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vH2_x1F0iCI&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  20. Jonfessions

Jonfessions R U 4 REAL?

Brilliant :D it never gets old

21. RobotBoy

RobotBoy BANG BANG

I have been dipping in and out of this thread and it is SUCH gold that I am saving it up for a proper read over the festive holiday when I can give it the attention it deserves.

22. TurnerPrize

TurnerPrize time to dance

Innit, i may print it out to read by the fireside.

That Celine Dion interview may actually be my favourite of the whole lot, even more than Mariah's ice cream. I can't listen to any version of The Prayer without pissing myself, to think i always assumed she was boring.

23. Loufoque

I can't believe we are nearly heading into the Top 7

I think it's finally time for the THE VOICE to make an app

24. Apocalypt Flyer

Apocalypt Flyer spheres

YAY for SSMPNB. It's a MOMENT.

25. Molicious

Molicious LANA DEL MO

You know, I've never really understood the moment that was SSMPNB, although I like it as a phraseology.

And I'm still not ANY clearer, it must be said.

26. Slave

Slave User

I'm so with you there...I love the phrase and the fact that she was caught with such BLATANT backing track assistance, but what relation does the line have to do with the skipping from two minutes earlier that has since resolved?

27. dUb

dUb X HALLE

HERE'S HOW IT WENT DOWN

Forget the two-minutes earlier thing. What you need to be listening out for is the "touuuch my BODY" which is the lead-in to the final set of choruses. It plays too early at 2:22 during the line "you won't want for nothing boy". And then Mariah has to do it herself in its correct place.

28. POP!

POP! Coupure Électrique

I always thought the 'stop singin' my part now, baby' line was directed toward that cow of a backing singer that always insists on outsinging Mariah, especially during the E=MC2 era. I know it's not a difficult task considering Mariah's '08 vocal prowess but Mariah clearly felt the need to put the bv in her place.

There must have been another performance that I remember, where she kept on looking back at the same bv and gave her this death glare. :D

29. dUb

dUb X HALLE

There was another performance like that! Might have been on American Idol? Not sure, but StopSingingMyPartGate was definitely as I described it above. :hitler:

30. SDF

SDF Bigger Than Us, OUT NOW

I'm sure she was given the death stare during the Oprah performance too.

31. Loufoque

There was no backing singer on GMA. She was attacking her own pre-recorded voice

THAT'S WHAT'S SO FABULOUS ABOUT IT

I don't understand how you could enjoy it as a TOP 25 DIVA MOMENT without that context.

32. Loufoque

33. Molicious

Molicious LANA DEL MO

I guess what I meant was I've never understood WHY it was such a moment in moopy diva cultural history. But I enjoy it anyway.

I can't wait for the upper echelons of this thread.

'THERE ARE PEOPLE CALLED HATERS, AND WE GIVE THEM POSITIVITY'

34. Pipo

Pipo welcome to moopatica

I love the fact home girl was FORCED to carry on singing live for a change

Stupid Bitch

35. loomer

loomer User

So did I. :o It makes it much more fabulous that it wasn't.

Its best use was in the sacred Mary J Blige Destroys Mariah Video

36. Loufoque

Time for a BRIEF (Languishing) INTERLUDE, featuring a few DIVA MOMENTS that didn't make the Top 25, but definitely would have made the TOP 50

ENJOY

MARIAH DRUNK IN PUBLIC 4 THE FIRST TIME
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xmUAWTttwLA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xmUAWTttwLA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

CHRISTINA SPENDS 2001 DRESSED AS TRANNY ASS HELL
    [​IMG]

WHITNEY TRANSCENDS R&B
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LZjVgRFnWKU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LZjVgRFnWKU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

CELINE DRINKS HER WATER AND BARELY CAN SWALLOW IT
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rXfZ0yxyOeM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rXfZ0yxyOeM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

WHITNEY DESTROYS THE VMAS WITH HER VOCALS
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VCc9C_rFA-c&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VCc9C_rFA-c&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

THIS BITCH IS NOT A DIVA, BUT SHE SHOULD BE
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gtkU2ch0sRI&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gtkU2ch0sRI&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited: Dec 24, 2009
  37. Sheena

Sheena MAKE IT QUICK, LUCILLE!

I never really got ALL the excitement over "Stop Singing My Part Now Baby" either, but to be fair, it's an odd clip that divides me...because although it's great she gets "caught out" lipping, she actually pulls it together with a reasonable (if a bit croaky) live vocal after it all goes tits up- now THAT'S professionalism.

But the absolute #1 for me is the Celine interview. It's brilliant on so many levels- comedy gold, yes, but I feel for her so much- she genuinely gives a shit rather than the bandwagon jumping charity idiocy of most stars today. I love it, and I watch it on a FAR too regular basis...

38. Whatevar

Whatevar WOOF

JEEZ WIZZ!

39. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

I think the SSMPNB thing is that it's such a genius LINE. The performance isn't a car crash, as Sheena says she pulls it back really well and you have to pay close attention to work out what's going on. 90% of the audience probably never clocked a thing. But it's such a brilliant off-the-cuff thing to say and only Mariah would say something like that.

40. GraceOfGod

GraceOfGod But For The

JLo last to stand up for THE VOICE. And I thought Lance Bass was a John or Edward for a second.