LOU's TOP 25 DIVA MOMENTS of the 2000s

Discussion in 'Divas' started by Loufoque, Dec 5, 2009.

1. loomer

loomer User

What about

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q64A4UFtbSo&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q64A4UFtbSo&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

And "again downloadable from iTunes today, but anyway"

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VK-Nta0fLx0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VK-Nta0fLx0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I love "That Chick". God E=MC2 had such hot songs, I can't be arsed with this new album at all.

2. Loufoque

Loufoque CONTINENTAL QUEEN

YUP

3. Jonfessions

Jonfessions R U 4 REAL?

The start of the perf IS a car crash though, I'm surprised her pre-recs didn't get a p45 tucked inside their commemorative AIWFCIY Xmas cards of OH EIGHT

Last edited: Dec 24, 2009
  4. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

God I love that drunk Mariah clip :D

and Whatevar, I always heard "Cheese whizz" :D

5. Apocalypt Flyer

Apocalypt Flyer spheres

The most recent one is JUST AS AMAZING.

6. Toyah

Toyah LOON PANTS

A very similar incident happened in 1968 during the recording of 'TCB', a TV special starring Diana Ross & The Supremes and The Temptations. I quote from J. Randy Taraborrelli's Diana Ross biography -

This is not to say that she [Diana] couldn't have at least tried to be nice. Often she didn't. Infact, she sometimes seemed to go out of her way to be difficult. During rehearsal for 'I Hear A Symphony', for instance, she stopped the music and turned to her singing partners. "What in the world are you doing?" she demanded to know. "You're singing flat and it's throwing me off."

"What are you talking about Diane?" Cindy asked, surprised. "Our vocals are prerecorded". In fact, Cindy and Mary had pre-taped all of their parts and only Diana was singing into a live mic.

"Well I don't care," Diana snapped back at her. "Something's not right back there. Maybe when you two prerecorderd the vocals you were both singing flat".
    :D

7. GraceOfGod

GraceOfGod But For The

Those bitches at 1.41-6. UGH.

8. Loufoque

TONIGHT! THE SUPERSTAR RETURNS!

WHITNEY DESTROYS THE X FACTOR (A.K.A. CAME IN THE DOOR! OH! OH! OH!)

[​IMG]

OK bitches you are going to have to rein me in on this one, before I could write an essay about this towering work of fabulosity. Never have I ever seen anything quite like this X Factor two-parter. It has of course already reached mythic proportions in this very forum with many of you even speculating that this would be the TOP DIVA MOMENT of the 2000s. And if you don't appreciate it, then go right on out the door (OH! OH! OH!).

Let's take it back to that wonderful Saturday night in October. I was supposed to go to this party with a bunch of bitches I couldn't really care less about, but of course the #1 priority in the game was to watch Whitney and analyse her every move. So I made like Whitney at the 2000 Oscars and got my arse fired from the gig by dropping the kidney infection bomb (people think I have really weak kidneys because I fake-suffer from this a lot).

Anyway, nothing could prepare me for the ferocious mauling our bunch of gays and nothingy girls received at the hands of THE VOICE on that cold October afternoon. They must have felt like they gained 50 pounds and had been transported back to 99, because Whitney hadn't laid it down like this since this immortal moment:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t_tI0OEENOs&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t_tI0OEENOs&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Anyway, back to the matter at hand. Whitney had to suffer the indignity of sitting through the likes of Rikki Loney massacring a number that the great Cissy Houston sang BACK UP on because she deemed it unfit to carry her world-destroying vocals on LEAD (she did that with A LOT OF TRACKS), not to mention Daniel Johnson thinking he had actually been selected for I'm A Celeb instead of X Factor judging by his jungle mating call approach to subtle ballad I Didn't Know My Own Strength. In truly the greatest moment of gay catharsis in the whole series, Whitney smacked Daniel round the head with a metaphorical telephone with such ferocity that our least favourite girl DIDN'T KNOW (DIDN'T KNOW!) what had hit him.

[​IMG]

Of course, Whitney wasn't hating 100%. When she met black female Rachel Adedeji, she clearly saw similarities to Bobbi Kristina because she was the best surrogate single mother to QUEEN RACHEL in those few moments that she could have been.

[​IMG]

And I think we all realised the turning point for Jedward was when Whitney got on board. What none of the other bitches seemed to understand is that Whitney knows an ENTERTAINER when she sees one. And the #1 diva in the game was entertained! Clive wasn't sure it had enough melody or lyric.

[​IMG]

BUT

This was all The Prologue to what would take place 24 hours later. We had loved and lived for Whitney the mentor, but what we really wanted to see what THE VOICE descend from heaven and tear X Factor a new vocal hole. According to that 2012 film I just watched, the Mayans predicted that the world would collapse from internal explosions. What they didn't count on was the fierce heat emanating from this X-Factor stage on Whitney Houston night. I'm not a scientist, I didn't call my second last album E=MC2, but I would wager that the earth's inner crust is at least 65% hotter after this perf. Someone rename that film 2011 for DVD release ASAP.

Let's break this down bit-by-bit. Firstly, THE INTRO. OK, so the X Factor intros this year weren't as amazing as the ones from 2008. The cheap La Roux inspired electro look did not work for me, and it took away a lot of the DRAMA that str8 people love to see. However, some artists have transcended charts including ELECTRO and can make an intro work in spite of that. I'm going out on a limb here and I'm calling the Whitney intro as the BEST X FACTOR INTRO 09. The Bodyguard shots in particular were truly iconic and I know I was not the only one to have goosebumps as the words

TONIGHT...

THE SUPERSTAR...

RETURNS

flashed in front of my eyes. I even managed to get over the fact that Dermot insisted on calling her WHITNEY EWESTON. Bitch needs to get a copy of Apollo 13 and turn on the CLOSED CAPTIONING.

THEN THERE WAS THE PERFORMANCE. According to my formula whereby a great performance should be 3 parts great vocals, 3 parts great presence and 5 parts hot mess, Million Dollar Bill on X Factor is possibly one of the greatest spectacles to ever grace ANY STAGE. All we see is Whitney's silhouette standing in glory at the top of a flight of steps. ALREADY ICONIC. She stumbles down in 6 inch Louboutins and the lights go up! COME ON! The world loses their shit. And then come the immortal words: CAME IN THE DOOR! OH! OH! OH! The whole performance proceeds in similar fashion teetering on the very precipice of car crash and seamless professionalism.

Her reaction to her wardrobe malfunction is my #1 FUCK IT moment of the year. But the second that sent me into fits of ecstasy was the second OOOOOOOOOOH from the end. Standing fiercely respledent on the stage, not even BOTHERING to sing the end of the song, as the wind machine blew money in her face and threatened to knock the wig off her head, I was reminded that Whitney truly is DIVA ORIGINALE.

The interview that followed was just a white powder dusting on a delicious weed cake. Maybe she was out of it. Maybe she was just shocked at how small Dermot was. But her comments have informed my general approach to life in the last two months in a way that borders on mental illness. IS THAT WHY YOU CALL ME LIPPY, PRACTICE/PRACTICE/PRACTICE, IT'S ALL MINE and I SANG MYSELF OUT OF MY CLOTHES could all have made this chart on their own. But together, they are truly the #7 DIVA MOMENT OF THE 2000s.

LIVE 4 IT

<embed src="http://www.guavaleaf.com/nuevox/player/eplayer.swf?config=http://www.guavaleaf.com/nuevox/econfig.php?key=dce71b674976b280257d" width="480" height="370" wmode="transparent" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" /></embed>

9. ameraal

ameraal huzzah!

no sudden movements with that ass!
    and poor whitney, she certainly destroyed my ears and eyes there :D

10. ameraal

ameraal huzzah!

stone cold hot mess! all hail

11. Pipo

Pipo welcome to moopatica

I'm a bit daft. Is it a MOMENT cause she missed her cue and sang the wrong lyrics??

12. Logic?

Logic? User

Yes that is ESSENTIALLY what it is. But you are missing the total OWNING OF IT. It didn't PHASE Whit. She pulled her dress back up, flipped back her hair and pointed fiercely. SHOULD HAVE BEEN NUMBER 1.

13. Loufoque

It's a MOMENT because it nearly DESTROYED THE WORLD (maybe the tremors did not reach Mexico)

She was the most talked about X Factor perf at my family Christmas dinner (mainly because I kept bringing her up but that is neither here nor there)

Either way I'm sure the next entry will stick closer to the style that you favour Pipo

14. Sheena

Sheena MAKE IT QUICK, LUCILLE!

:D

15. Loufoque

WELCOME TO A DAY OF MY LIFE

[​IMG]

You know when you move to a new place, it's always quite a nerve-wracking moment to unveil it to your nearest and dearest. Sometimes you get a bit nervous and forget to take your dog out of the dryer, change your ensemble seven or eight times and take a bath right in front of your guests just to prove that you've paid your water bill for the month.

I know for a fact when I move to my new studio in Feb OH TEN, I am going to do just that when I have the film crew round.

It's hard for me to talk coherently about a moment that has provided me with endless soundbytes and anecdotes over the past eight years, so here are a few Mariah Cribs countdowns:

TOP 10 MOMENTS:
    1 "And proceed... to BATHE"
    2 [on the stairmaster] "All the while in my four-inch heels and a black ensemble"
    3 THE FULL BLOWN SALON! (featuring the debut appearance of Mariah's 500 HOURS)
    4 Jack vs Willie in the country kitchen in downtown Manhattan
    5 [trying on various ensembles] "The red one kind of makes me look <s>FAT</s> though."
    6 "This is my closet."
    7 [about the walls] "The look like CANDY."
    8 [about a dress with no front] "Completely and totally empty in the back but I find it quite DEMURE in the front."
    9 "The girl who had one shoe now has many. Those are the basics of my shoeroom."
    10 [about the Butterfly guest room] "This room is dedicated to the fans. They can come stay here anytime they want *HYSTERICAL CACKLE*"

TOP 10 ROOMS
    1 The Mermaid Room (10)
    2 Mariah's closet (10)
    3 THE FULL BLOWN SALON! (10)
    4 The bathroom (10)
    5 The Moroccan Room (9)
    6 The country kitchen (9)
    7 The lingerie closet (8)
    8 The lounge room (7)
    9 The gym that rarely gets used (6)
    10 The Butterfly Guest Room (3) Even though it's dedicated to me and dUb and Whatevar and Floella, I hate the decor

TOP 10 PIECES OF CLOTHING
    1 Mariah's new patriotic shoe
    2 Jeans cut off at the top (which is very two years ago now)
    3 Diego Dolcini SPARKLERS
    4 The red dress
    5 The black ensemble with the glitter belt
    6 Mariah's peach tank & sweatpants
    7 Loverboy boots
    8 The dress Mariah doesn't recall wearing lately ("TAKE IT BACK!")
    9 The dress from the RFK show
    10 The Pamela shoes

TOP 3 HELP
    1 The fag in the FULL BLOWN SALON!
    2 Blair in the shoe-room
    3 The other blonde bitch in the FULL BLOWN SALON!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/94gBTy1S0js&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/94gBTy1S0js&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ltLyFVdfnt4&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ltLyFVdfnt4&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ysXIZLslKzM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ysXIZLslKzM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

16. Molicious

Molicious LANA DEL MO

YES!

YES YES YES!

This is literally my most quoted Mariah moment (and possibly televisual moment) OF ALL TIME

I knew I loved her after this episode of Cribs (the most popular of all time, apparent...)

17. Loufoque

It was definitely a turning point for me too Mo

Although the Rainbow era was probably the birth of Mariah the Personality Artist, Cribs was really her televisual Butterfly

It made me want to be employed by her

18. Loufoque

I am giving my Top 5 the once over and re-arranging a few positions

ANY PREDICTIONS?

19. Ag

Ag User

Hurriciane Katrina, 7/7, Bejiing Olympics, Vera Lynn getting to #1 and Jade Goody's perfume launch.

20. Molicious

Molicious LANA DEL MO

You forgot the best quote though.

Which is clearly:

The style that I favor (sic) would be a high stiletto, and the designer I favor is anyone who is willing to STICK TO THAT MOTIF'

I like to use it on a bi-daily basis, substituting the words 'high stiletto' for whatever I am PREFERENCING ahead of other things at that present moment.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  21. Loufoque

4/5

22. Apocalypt Flyer

Apocalypt Flyer spheres

I remember watching this CRIBS episode when I was like 14 and I was left quite BEWILDERED by it but in a good way. :D

23. Loufoque

I love the high stiletto quote Mo, but I have overused it and prefer the more obscure stuff like 'Those are the basics of my shoe room' because only the fanzzz truly appreciate them

24. Ag

Ag User

Does it makes any difference that it's 'Controversial' rather than 'Shhh...'

That's Jade Goody perfumes not Vera Lynn albums.

25. Molicious

Molicious LANA DEL MO

It's the best one though, but ok.

'I WORKED HARRRD FOR THIS MESS': God I love her. What a truly endearing and likeable woman (contrary to what the haterz say).

I am so glad my favourite Diva moment made it onto the countdown.

I anticipate Whitney interviewed by Wendy Williams/Diane Sawyer/Oprah. I am not sure what else...

26. Molicious

Molicious LANA DEL MO

I am shocked that you are not a fan of the languid black backing singer in The Mermaid Room though. For some reason, I thought she'd be one of your highlights.

27. Loufoque

I hate those fucking hangers on!

If you're in the palace, you better WORK!

28. Molicious

Molicious LANA DEL MO

True, she (/they?) did look ASLEEP...

JACK was doing more work round the house than that bitch.

But then MuMu DOES do all her own washing and everything so...

:disco:

29. Molicious

Molicious LANA DEL MO

'There are people called haters, and we give them POSITIVITY' *mike yanked away* for #NUMBER ONE

30. Jonfessions

Jonfessions R U 4 REAL?

VB's catwalk strut from the Spice tour for #1

31. Halli

Halli sippin' champagne from a paper cup

Geri's Top Gear hissy fit for #2

32. Jonfessions

Jonfessions R U 4 REAL?

Mel B and Gloria Allred's Eddie
    Murphy baiting press conference for #3

33. Loufoque

These are all good guesses guys, but remember this isn't LOU's TOP 25 SPICE GIRL MOMENTS of the 2000s

That's coming up next week

34. Jonfessions

Jonfessions R U 4 REAL?

I will HOLD you to that, Lou.

I might even finish my Spice countdown!

35. Loufoque

You need to get that shit done before the end of the decade Jon

The 2010s will be the first Spiceless decade EVER since the 80s.

36. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

I'm sure Mel C will churn out another album.

And whatever happened to Melanie B's long-gestating comeback opus?

37. Slave

Slave User

Emma has visibily been SWEATING solo album plans since they announced her as the new judge for Dancing On Ice.

38. Pipo

Pipo welcome to moopatica

I'm guessing the Butterfly room is where she has MISSY and Da Brat over for slumber parties. Dirty lezbos.

39. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

Perhaps, but I can't see it boosting her profile sufficiently.

40. Loufoque

Pipo I think Mariah should have us to stay in the Butterfly Guest Room

You could cook enchiladas in the country kitchen and I could get my 500 hours

Pipo likes this.