Madame X Tour

Discussion in 'Madonna' started by Jark, May 4, 2019.

1. Yvonne Mondle

Yvonne Mondle WHOLE NEW WORLD?

:D:D:D

2. Slave

Slave User

I would also say there’s a big difference between many people who have their phone on them and those who are shoving it into the artist’s face.

I’m always a bit :side-eye: about people having cause to check their phone during a gig - if something was THAT urgent you likely wouldn’t be there. But still...

3. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

I'd like this technology on board every bus and train in the country, please.

4. SDF

SDF The Wait is Over

All I wanted to do was record Bitch I’m
    Madonna extended mix on my phone. :(

dUb likes this.
  5. Raining On Me

Raining On Me Jesus Loves Winners

I can't say phone use ever bothers me unless it's blocking my view. I'm tall(ish) so it's rarely a problem in that sense. It's far more offensive on public transport.

From the artist's perspective I'm not sure you can conclusively relate numerous youtube videos to falling tour DVD sales - DVDs are falling anyway. If it's free to watch you might have a browse but for the vast majority are you telling me that if they can't watch a few snippets online they're suddenly going to rush out and buy the DVD?! Almost everyone doing that will be die hards.

As for falling ticket sales, well who knows, but in this case (I have no idea how sales have gone so might not apply to her) when you're charging the price of a small holiday and you're not selling out maybe there are bigger concerns than phones :side-eye:

6. Raining On Me

This is the point, politely ask people if you don't want it (and I do understand why they might not if it ruins their experience on stage) and yes okay it might mean some will try it but I'm sure the majority would comply, or maybe I have too much faith.

This just seems a bit BRUTAL. But maybe it's the way forward for these things. It really does depend what the genuine reason is for me.

7. Debbie Jellinsky

Debbie Jellinsky User

I'd be all in favour of this when it comes to the CINEMA. I never go on a Friday or Saturday night anymore because the amount of people using their phone at the brightest setting in a dark theatre just makes my blood BOIL.

jivafox likes this.
  8. Slave

Slave User

I thought we all knew that: she’s a money-grabbing cunt.

Yvonne Mondle likes this.
  9. Shirley

Shirley BIG-HEARTED BUNNY

Surely it's mostly to avoid exposure of the CROX prior to the "IMPROVED" OFFICIAL DVD a la EUROVISION

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  10. Christian

Christian GOOD BYE!

I'm all for this.

But the argument always brings out the I'M A HEART SURGEON AND AM ON CALL and MY WIFE'S PREGNANT AND COULD GO INTO LABOUR AT ANY MOMENT gang.

Not that there's much chance of the LATTER dropping four hundred quid for the pleasure of Madame trotting out Batuque versions of Dress You Up and Jimmy Jimmy.

dUb likes this.
  11. Christian

Christian GOOD BYE!

It did work really well at Kate Bush and the message was delivered with the softest of touches of course.

Maybe Madame X didn't watch footage of the balcony of the Palladium being curtained off and the plebeian punters who only paid £150 being shunted down a level to fill up the empty rows leaking out.

dUb likes this.
  12. Sheena

Sheena MAKE IT QUICK, LUCILLE!

Technological advances have made it possible to move this forward, though- when I went to Secret Cinema, phones were banned and you had to hand them in or be thrown out if found with one, but this time, they have a sealed bag system in which you keep your phone and it's sealed on the way in and opened on the way out. It's nothing to do with Madonna demanding some ridiculous, out of order thing.

And frankly, if you need a mobile phone to watch a fucking concert, you should be shot anyway. Fuck off and sit at home wanking over youtube.

Cécile likes this.
  13. Sheena

REALLY? Being tall is the WORST as people hold them above their heads. I have lost count the amount of times I've had to moan at people because I've been watching a gig with someone's fucking screen in the way.

It's also about atmosphere, though. Who wants a gig where no one is dancing because it might make their video all jerky?

Ellie likes this.
  14. Sheena

I can't believe people are actually trying to DEFEND phone usage over ACTUALLY HAVING A GOOD TIME.

God, I'm OLD :D

15. Sheena

True, though, it's also THIS :D

16. Christian

Christian GOOD BYE!

Thanks for reminding of the horror of Eurovision

Madame X is TONE DEAF

17. Raining On Me

It depends on the venue and where I'm sitting/standing usually, but if there's enough of a slant in the floor it can help. I'm not saying it doesn't crop up, gadgets waving in front of my face, but usually I can manoeuvre enough to see. I always imagine it to be worse for shorter people who can't do that but you saying that, I can see what you mean. I don't go to THAT many anyway - you probably go to a lot more and will encounter it more frequently.

Well yeah, I get that, if it genuinely is about atmosphere and the whole environment being more pleasant for everyone involved. If it's for those aforementioned financial purposes I don't buy it necessarily.

Maybe it's just because it's Madonna and everyone thinks she's a miserable old crone so we're cynical about it, whereas with the likes of Kate it's, "of course love, whatever you want" because people don't think of her as MEAN and have more good will :D

18. Sheena

I really don't think it's financial. I mean, are the people who are paying £400 a ticket going to be the ones who refuse to buy a DVD? Doubtful. Also, once the DVD is out, the stuff appears on youtube/ online ANYWAY.

The crox thing is a good point, though.

19. Ellie

Ellie Super talented triple threat

Wouldn’t the technology just jam
    phone signals? It wouldn’t stop anyone filming.

20. BoysForSeles

BoysForSeles User

I’m totally on board with an artist not wanting people recording them at gigs, especially if it’s a production/show style affair.

21. jivafox

jivafox Stay sexy don’t get murdered

Surely this?

I doubt they are technically advanced enough to scramble your footage :D

22. Dark Carnival

Dark Carnival Missss Vaaaaaanjie

What a CUNT

Phone usage is awful but what if you have some sort of emergency?

Yvonne Mondle likes this.
  23. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

Don’t they have some sort of weird flashing light that we don’t really see but it dazzles camera lenses? I’m sure that’s a thing

24. Slave

Slave User

In fairness, I can’t think of many emergencies greater than being stuck in a room with that crotchety old harridan in the first place.

Dark Carnival and Yvonne Mondle like this.
  25. Sheena

Oh BORE OFF

26. Sheena

Then how about getting on with life like you would in a cinema/ in a meeting/ when you’re in the swimming pool?

Utterly ridiculous

Diddy and Ellie like this.
  27. Slave

Slave User

For the record, I'm not DEFENDING the use of mobile phones, in theory.

But I wouldn't say they SPOIL gigs for me (I don't tend to be in the areas of the crowd where everyone is holding them aloft, admittedly) - I don't really GET it, but that's a very different matter. Besides which, I'd rather someone was holding a mobile phone in the air than a fucking great BANNER, which was most commonplace a decade or so ago.

28. Dark Carnival

I have my phone on vibrating in the cinema or during a meeting. What Ellie said about the Prince concert makes more sense to me, ask people rather than force them.

29. Pipo

Pipo Gossip is the devil’s telephone, best to hang up!

Madame X FORCES things, she doesn't ask nicely.
    That's why she's MAdame X.

BoysForSeles likes this.
  30. Sheena

Well you’re a cunt then.

Pipo likes this.
  31. Mats

Mats User

I know the grind is never-ending but I’m sure anyone can suffer two hours of flight mode

etiquette really is dead, isn’t it...

Cécile and Diddy like this.
  32. Suedey

Suedey PROUD MADAME X FAN

Three more shows added - all in San Francisco (originally not on the itinerary).

88 shows in total now (tying it with MDNA Tour as her longest tour in terms of number of shows.)

33. Dark Carnival

Still not as big of a cunt as the awful harpy

34. Suedey

The last two pages of this thread are disgusting.

Pipo likes this.
  35. Pipo

Pipo Gossip is the devil’s telephone, best to hang up!

the next person to say CUNT or something along those lines gets banned!

36. Suedey

There's a pop-up store in NYC - would be nice if they do that in all the cities she will play on the tour. I reckon they'll do one in London.

Also there's a make-up line with Too Faced, two 'looks' / make-up kits named after the two Madame X hits* "I RISE" and "MEDELLIN".

(* the term 'hit' is used loosely.)

37. northernlad

northernlad all flowers in time bend towards the sun

Two more Paris gigs (14 total) announced for March 7 & 8, on sale tomorrow.

38. Suedey

90 dates.

This is now officially her longest tour.

I wouldn't be surprised if more dates are added. Coupled with the 'pop up stores' merchandise sales etc. I imagine they will be making a huge profit on this tour.

39. Suedey

More importantly though, are you buying the Medellin or I Rise make-up kit? :disco: :shy: :manson: (in equal measures, naturally).

I'm tempted with the I RISE kit because it's more drag-tastic (however, I suspect I'll need lip & cheek fullers to get the full Madame X lewk.)

northernlad and SDF like this.
  40. SDF

SDF The Wait is Over

I actually came here to talk about the make up kits :D

Too faced

Louise should sue

Suedey likes this.