Mariah Misc 2017

Discussion in 'Divas' started by dUb, Jan 2, 2017.

1. dUb

dUb GLOBAL

Well Mimi has started the year at SOMETHING OF A LOW EBB but the stage is set for another comeback of the decade :disco:

2. dUb

dUb GLOBAL

:eyes:

[​IMG]

3. dUb

dUb GLOBAL

Tommy has piped up

4. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

There's something curiously British about Mariah's THAT'LL DO WHERE'S THE VODKA approach to live performance, like a tuneless, hungover Sarah Harding on morning telly or a laughably off-key Bananarama effort. It's almost enough to make me warm to her

But NOT QUITE

5. Sheena

Sheena MAKE IT QUICK, LUCILLE!

In fairness, ulterior motives or otherwise, TOMMY HAS A POINT.

6. VoR

VoR Forever in our hearts #Justice4Barb

I honestly don't understand why she's doing a reality show. It's so beneath her!

I mean I get her life is very entertaining, but couldn't they at least have done it as a movie documentary instead?

7. dUb

dUb GLOBAL

Darling, it's a docu-series

8. Mugatu

Mugatu User

I somehow found myself watching the first two episodes of Mariah's hyper-realist nightmare or whatever the genre is called.

The insane manager seems to have wandered in from the Real Housewives (except if they were all married to the Russian mob), the shiny botox queen is in no way a real person and you could easily remove about ten minutes of arty transition shots of Mariah squeezing her breasts together and gazing at the camera.

9. VoR

VoR Forever in our hearts #Justice4Barb

Yeah and Da Brat was just a gal pal.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  10. Phoenix

Phoenix L to the OG

From what I've seen, the show is very The Comeback.

11. Sheena

Y'KNOW

I read something yesterday about "Truth Or Dare"/"In Bed With Madonna" and thought how SPOT ON it was and you can compare this to Mariah. Admittedly, the latter is at a far more desperate state of her career, but Mariah has turned herself into a circus act, rather than someone in control of her career. The piece in question was this:

50. Madonna: Truth or Dare
    Director: Alex Keshishian
    Year: 1991
    Twenty-five years ago, Madonna’s self-celebrating documentary was released. Madonna: Truth or Dare, which joins Madonna on her blockbuster 1990 Blonde Ambition tour, promised a “backstage” look at the world-famous pop star “as she really is,” but with its staged “confessions” and cheekily pretentious, black-and-white art-house style (likely an homage to D.A. Pennebaker’s famous Bob Dylan study Dont Look Back), the film challenged expectations. It did not introduce audiences to a more down-to-earth star. It did not present a likable Madonna. Instead, Truth or Dare provided a portrait of Madonna the constant performer, at times abrasive and demanding, in control of every aspect of her career. Criticized upon its release for being “contrived” and “manipulated” by its subject—for its failure to reveal what audiences conceived to be a hidden “real Madonna”—the film is often gleefully phony. It is fascinating to watch for precisely the reason it was criticized—it is Madonna’s story told completely on Madonna’s terms, and challenges the idea of what is acceptably “real” when it comes to female celebrities. Twenty-five years on, the film still feels refreshing, boldly refusing to perpetuate the image of yet another vulnerable female star tossed on the turbulent seas of fame and steadied by the hands of so many managers and handlers. In Truth or Dare, Madonna refuses to diminish herself for our affection. She doesn’t care that she’ll be called “calculating”—in fact, she’d probably take it as a compliment. —Maura McAndrew

12. POP!

POP! Across that county line

Her new manager is a woman named Stella whose resume consists of managing T.I. and his wife Tiny and being the brains behind their shambolic reality show. And she's basically spent the last few days of damage control by blaming Dick Clark Productions, everyone involved but Mariah. Obviously she should be advocating for her client, but pointing fingers at everyone else instead of just "it was unfortunate, a technical glitch, we're moving on from this, 2017 will be her comeback", blew up the incident more than it should have, as all of the headlines have been "Mariah and her camp claim Dick Clark Productions left her out to dry... Mariah's "Diva" response for the NYE Train wreck" etc

13. Sheena

In fairness, "we're moving on" wouldn't have gotten her HALF the publicity she's had over this AT ALL. I don't think she's come out of it looking particularly terrible either...

14. POP!

POP! Across that county line

I'm not sure. It's given her publicity, but most of her income at this point would be her Vegas gig. This whole fiasco is hardly a ringing endorsement for her current performing skills (regardless of whether the glitch was "attributable" to her or someone else)

15. Beryl

Beryl Boy stop, step awaaaaay.

It's a bit rich that is it Tommy's "meticulous and methodical attention paid to every single detail and nuance that went on into her career" that has resulted in the spectacle we see before us today.

16. dUb

dUb GLOBAL

17. Whatevar

Whatevar WOOF

I've been watching clips of this reality documentary - whatever. Fuck me, it's terrible.

18. dUb

dUb GLOBAL

JESUS :manson:

Remember, it's not a reality show

19. Marilyn

Marilyn User

And they say she can't act!

Someone needs to make an extended edit of them staring at each other

20. Whatevar

Whatevar WOOF

Her tits!

21. dUb

dUb GLOBAL

50-second clip of the new single "I Don't", out on Friday

22. Whatevar

Whatevar WOOF

Horrible.

23. Pipo

Pipo Gossip is the devil’s telephone, best to hang up!

isn't she tired of releasing awful music, and worst of all, not having at least someone GIVE A SHIT?

COB likes this.
  24. Marilyn

Marilyn User

Sounding straight outta 2005

25. dUb

dUb GLOBAL

Her best single cover in a while

[​IMG]

26. ameraal

ameraal trash

looks like she has a painfully heavy earring. or she's ready for a pie. or a load.

it's all so embarrassing these day.

Zu-Klara and Kevin like this.
  27. Mugatu

Mugatu User

Fingering yourself on the cover of your new single is such a trailblazer move.

I'm looking forward to some soft finger-clicks, a featured rapper shouting his own name and a high note that sounds suspiciously like it was recorded in 1993.

28. Sheena

Are you having a laugh about the single cover?

THE FUCKING STATE OF IT :D

29. COB

COB Hog Frenzy

I've been laughing at this all night :D

30. dUb

dUb GLOBAL

At last, she's dressing age-appropriately

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  31. dUb

dUb GLOBAL

Here's the full song (beware of annoying popups) https://t.co/D81koA9Ejc

It's actually vgood SORRY HATERZ. More of an album track maybe, but that's rarely a bad thing when it comes to our Mimi :disco:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  32. straightorbroken

straightorbroken Trust the Duchess

Sadly I've seen as much of her subtly edited documentary series as her prostitution whore sister. I hope to download it all at some point.

The new song is appealing in a CD2 track 20 Trevor Nelson compilation sort of way. The thigh rub is the new beach kneel I see.

33. Pipo

Pipo Gossip is the devil’s telephone, best to hang up!

34. straightorbroken

straightorbroken Trust the Duchess

On the one hand, someone needs to lock her in the Moroccan room and slide a pizza without the bread under the door each day until she snaps out of it. But on the other, this nonesense is far more engaging than the new song.

35. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

Full video. I quite like the song, especially the bridge, but I think this is the cringiest I've ever seen her. It's almost like Loverboy but without the QoL value.

The bit where she tries to flip her hair to the beat but is grossly mistimed, is particularly mortifying lol

36. Marilyn

Marilyn User

0:50-0:55 :D

37. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

Yes that bit :D

38. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

Fucking hell!! I don't know what to say! But I guess if I can wear jocks and harness at 37 Mariah can wear whatever that is at whatever age she is now.

What I'm trying to say is that it's fucking embarrassing. She makes Hard Candy Madonna looking demure.

39. Sheena

Why can't she write a fucking TUNE?

And why does she look like she's in someone's CAR BOOT?

Zu-Klara likes this.
  40. Marilyn

Marilyn User

I think this is the first time in recent memory where everyone is saying a new Mariah single is shit and I actually agree with them :(

#justice4triumphant