mark ronson's late night feelings: contender for pop album of 2019?

Discussion in 'Pop' started by ameraal, Sep 13, 2019.

?

(pop) aoty material or not?

1. yes

75.0%
  2. nes, ___________'s (pop) album is better

25.0%
  1. ameraal

ameraal trash

so following the smashterful nothing breaks like a heart (not my favourite), the eponymous one with the simply wonderful lykke li and his running-up-that-hill-aping (well duh, it's serious-traces-of-angel-olsen-featuring) true blue (my favourite), the new single is the wonderfully undertstated king princess (catch up already, ok?) collabotation pieces of us.

https://boyscoutmag.com/2019/08/nai-dobrite-seriali-na-2019-dosega/

it's nice. the whole album is great. thoughts? features? snippets?

2. Christian

Christian GOOD BYE!

It's decent and definitely his best album to date, but it hasn't exactly rocked my world.

I find the Miley track rather average and my preferred track off of the album I only really love in its remixed version :D

3. FetchFugly

FetchFugly closing in again

True Blue is quite plainly cream of the crop but love the album.

We seem to be getting Don't Leave Me Lonely as a single as they did it on Strictly and it is playlisted on Radio 1. Find U Again must have been a bit of a disappointment chartwise, but the timing with Senorita was probably not ideal.

4. northernlad

northernlad all flowers in time bend towards the sun

True Blue, Miley, and the title track are all blinding. 2am, Spinning and KP are very good. The rest is more or less (or much, much less) a mixed bag. Definitely prefer the highlights on the Carly and Shura albums, but those are mixed as well. I'm short, possibly. I suppose the answer should be Kim Petras with her banger ratio, but she's not always my cup.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019 at 3:41 AM