Monday didn't realise Billy Ocean is not an ocean

Discussion in 'Moopy Moop' started by Ag, Nov 23, 2020.

1. RJN

RJN User

Some people can’t stand to be the only person who’s unhappy

Floppet and octophone like this.
  2. octophone

octophone The Electrocutioner

People don't think that far ahead, they're too selfish. It's ridiculous.

3. big ron

big ron Nude inspector

I've spent 9 hours fixing a tech issue today, on a minor MDMA comedown. Fuck mondays.

Lucille likes this.
  4. big ron

big ron Nude inspector

Fuck this bitch as well.

Ellie and Floppet like this.
  5. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

I think I may add “I don’t know what to do, I’m only a hairdresser” (:D) to my collection of responsibility abdication clauses :disco:

Lucille, Kate and Floppet like this.
  6. octophone

octophone The Electrocutioner

That's a collection I think we'd all love to share.

7. Floppet

Floppet Spider murderer

Actually it's more believable if you use "I'm only a nail technician" because everybody knows there's nothing technical about glueing false nails on! :D

Zu-Klara likes this.
  8. Lucille

Lucille Sniffing in the VIP area

It reminds me when I worked with a designer who got into a lot of trouble with the accounts department because she was given a £3000/season research budget and she overspent by 11k. She refused to speak to the CFO who was furious at her and made me be the go between. When I asked her what she wanted me to tell him she screamed ‘tell him I don’t understand, I’m not an accountant I’M AN ARTIST’.

RJN likes this.
  9. Ellie

Ellie Super talented triple threat

And this is why I hate the musical Rent.

Gangsta Nancy Lam likes this.
  10. Ag

Ag BRING BACK TAGS

I'm quite surprise stoned.

11. Cloud

Cloud Yiff Representative

Had a SHIT day. Not to put too fine a point on it, despite daily showering and antipers etc I got sat down by HR and informed that I fucking stink. So that was nice!
    Had the same information about a year ago, tried switching brands, stuff like that, thought maybe it was sorted but of course you can't smell yourself (something about how your brain filters it out) and people don't give feedback about these matters, they just let you get on and stink then complain to HR and probably everyone else that you don't do basic hygiene (which is untrue :()

Ditching the latest antipers deo then in favour of a weapons grade antipers that you apparently apply about once a week(!) in conjunction with plain deo. It's just a shame about the lack of FRIENDS at that place so no one to ask for feedback. Try, wait a year, see if I get a Quiet Word again.

Spent most of the day wanting to crawl into a hole, cry, and not come back out.

12. Soldi

Soldi I DON’T NEED A HERO

:(

I had the same thing happen at work over the summer, because who’d have thought working and pottering about in a non ventilated, windowless building all day, unable to whip the deodorant out because you’re public facing would mean you smell a bit!

I’d be half tempted to overdo it the other way if I were you. Let them all choke on LYNX :disco:

Cloud likes this.
  13. Soldi

And you have your Moopy friends dear! We can get @Zu-Klara to go and egg the windows or @Floppet to reverse into the building :disco:

Cloud likes this.
  14. Cloud

I think a big part of it here (aside from maybe my lunchtime walk, because exercise is good) is I work with a guy who lived in South Africa for a large chunk of his life and has to have the office so hot that you long for it to be summer again when the heating is off and it can be a bit cooler.

And yes that's exactly the plan haha clinical strength sweat block wipes and COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF LYNX BLACK

Soldi likes this.
  15. RJN

RJN User

I'm sorry to hear that :( Even if it is true, it shouldn't be handled with a sit down meeting. Thats just a way to make one feel bad. If I had a coworker who had that issue, even if we weren't close, I would try to bring it up in a friendly way, to save them the embarrassment. Thats what should have happened.

Cloud likes this.
  16. Cloud

The lady from HR was gentle with it and I felt for her being tasked with bringing it up as she was clearly worried about the reaction, must be a shit job. But yeah... not an easy thing for people to bring up I guess. It's a shame the anonymous informant(s) feel the need to take it through formal channels instead of saying something directly or even leaving an anonymous note or something but I suppose it's better than not knowing at all!

RJN and Soldi like this.
  17. RJN

RJN User

They probably were trying to spare your feelings, even if it ended up coming out in a hurtful way. And, as you said, at least you know now. It would be worse for it to be talked about behind your back without you knowing

Cloud likes this.
  18. SDF

SDF We're all Angles in Chainz

19. SDF

Oh and it even works after the gym, which my other deodorant would never have done

20. Soldi

SDF fragrant Queen

21. SDF

More like smelly cat :(

Soldi and Lucille like this.
  22. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

Egg?

BRICK MORE LIKE

Kate, Soldi and Lucille like this.
  23. Cloud

It absolutely kills me climate wise to open the window and waste energy but PRIORITIES. Other guy will have to deal with it being a bit cooler (especially if it was him complaining)

They shouldn't have the heating set to 'incinerate'

RJN likes this.