Moonlight

Discussion in 'Moopy Odeon' started by Phoenix, Aug 17, 2016.

?

Like Moonstruck, but with meth addiction

1. 10

21.4%
  2. 09

28.6%
  3. 08

28.6%
  4. 07

14.3%
  5. 06

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 05

7.1%
  7. 04

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 03

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 02

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 01

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. 00

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

I loved every second of it. Middle Chiron should have been nominated.

Ellie likes this.
  2. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

I was thinking if he went into prison, being gay and before getting big surely he must have been used by the other prisoners?

3. ameraal

ameraal is this too much?

saw this last night and i'm sorry to report that i was rather disappointed. camera work was excellent (colours, movement, every frame was beautiful), the acting was ok (i liked naomie harris the most and i cannot believe but i cannot believe they gave mahershala an oscar for that) but it just didn't have as much impact as it could have.

i can't quite believe it won best picture... maybe i just had very high expectations (ever since the trailer came out).

4. ameraal

reading back through the comments i see i might as well as not have said anything :D

i did like middle chiron the most too though he got the best scenes - the beach one and the one with the chair.

i would have liked it more (not to mention found it more plausible) if chiron had had (unhappy) relationships with women or other men in the meanwhile.

i preferred la la land as a movie, soz gays (or not? which one i gayer?).

5. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

It's hard to compare the two as they're totally different; but I prefer La La Land too because romance and an escape from reality outranks what is essentially a two hour of The Wire - the Movie (sans the homicide detectives).

6. ameraal

i just found la la land a whole lot more touching - yes, a lot of it was really lightweight by when it finished i was in a bit of a daze, i felt inspired to do shit i've always dreamed of (for a minute obviously) and it stayed with me - i kept thinking of that ending scene, whether she made the right choice, what a pair of douches they were etc.

here i was just a bit "oh is that it then?"

RaspberrySwirl likes this.
  7. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

I'm a bit indifferent to both but with Moonlight I just didn't connect but I thought it was very well made and acted while with La La Land I had issues with the acting and the lack of songs and the dull middle part.

8. HeLikedTurner

HeLikedTurner User

Such a moving film. That final scene, and the score too...ugh, I could WEEP just thinking about it.