Moopy Fit Club 2018

Discussion in 'Lifestyle & Culture' started by Ag, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Rita

Rita User

Lots of cardio and stomach crunches. After I had Diarmuid I decided NO MORE though. I’m too vain.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  2. Star

Star Homo Secretary (OB)

Nah still breastfeeding so I'm still bouncy up there :disco:

3. Star

Star Homo Secretary (OB)

How old are your two now? I'd love to do a bit more exercise but I just find any spare time I have I'm cooking the next curry/ meal.

4. Rita

Rita User

Shannon is 15 and Diarmuid is 11 so they are pretty much self sufficient. A teenage daughter, and a son who is like his father brings its own set of problems though. Do it at your own pace. Getting back to your pre pregnancy weight is a massive struggle in itself so your doing fab.

5. Rita

Rita User

I wish now I wasn’t so hard on myself to get back to what I was before as I wasted a lot of time that should have really been spent with the babies on training sessions with a PT. They are so little, squishy, and precious for such a short time.

Star likes this.
  6. Indie

Indie Skeptopotamus

13st 4lb for the last few days and a relatively healthy 17% body fat. That's 5lb off this year.

If I can sneak below 13 it'll be a fucking marvel.

7. big ron

big ron MOD

All this alpine shit is making me loose weight but I looked in the mirror this morning and realised I'm just going flat. I need to lift bro.

8. Kalabaliken

Kalabaliken Pop Precision Since 1978

I’m down to 13st 1 now, so 5 lbs in 3 weeks, which is not too bad. I’ve also started back at the gym properly. Still off the booze too, till the end of Feb for sure. I even managed not to drink at the booze-filled work conference last week. Off to Stockholm for a weekend in March so will prob have a bit to drink then but not too much.

Have been eating well, with a little treat now and then but staying away from all the office chocolate and cakes.

I guess my target weight is around 12 stone? Let’s see if I can get there by the end of April, in time for my holiday to Lisbon.

9. Rita

Rita User

9 Stone 10 today. 2lb gain after staying stagnant for 2 weeks. MUST. TRY. HARDER.

I should really cut out the weekends off but where is the fun in that??

10. Indie

Indie Skeptopotamus

I've lost another pound. Probably from shitting.

11. Ag

Ag User

I've had a horrible stomach bug this week (yes, I am a stone cold mess right now) and have lost 4lbs since Monday! :disco:

12. Gangsta Nancy Lam

Gangsta Nancy Lam mess

This past year I've got in a relationship, started working full time (and the commute is way too long to walk to work), and had an injury that stopped me running. It's like a perfect storm of things that could make me fat, and I'm really not feeling it. To add insult to injury, my face, the one part of my body that really could use fattening up, is still FUCKING GAUNT.

Chlammy likes this.
  13. Chlammy

Chlammy So hey, let's be friends.

Could you not swim or cycle?

I need to maintain exercise and diet for Italy but the past three weeks I've been awful.

14. big ron

big ron MOD

I've lost that much weight skiing that tshirts that were once tight on me are now looking a bit too big.

15. Gangsta Nancy Lam

Gangsta Nancy Lam mess

I never learned to ride a bike :( But swimming sounds like a good idea!

16. Slave

Slave User

I am hating my current FATNESS.

Everything spiralled out of control last year and I've just found it hard to curb my eating (although I have successfully given up chocolate for Lent). I have started swimming again but I've gone from going to the gym three times a week to getting there three times a month at a PUSH.

I can still go 4-5km running around the block, it is literally just the fact that I keep shovelling CRAP into my mouth.

17. Indie

Indie Skeptopotamus

I'm now half a stone down from the start of the year. Keep on making slow and steady progress. Huzzah.

18. Chlammy

do it now and cycle to work instead of using public transport.

coming from me with my broken bike that's been sitting in the shed for a year.

19. Indie

Indie Skeptopotamus

At 13 stone as at today. 9lb down on the year and i've had comments (which basically can be read as LOL YOU WERE FATTER, but hey)

20. Ag

Ag User

Down to a new recent low of 13st 12lbs from a high of 15st 7lbs at the start of last year. I know it's only a stone and a half but it feels good. I haven't even really been dieting, probably more due to not working and partly enforced sobriety.

21. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

There's nothing 'only' about a stone and a half! Surely that's pretty much near your ideal weight?

22. Ag

Ag User

It's still a little more than I'd like to be (13 stone is the dream, 12 stone is the fantasy). But considering I've kept my weight down for a year never going above 14st 7lb (at Xmas) I'm quite happy. Also my blood pressure is right down and cholesterol levels are normal, which is great.

23. lolly

Would you really look good at 12 stone, though? I know I wouldn't want to go below the upper end of the normal range for me. I'd go very scrawny if I did. I'm quite narrow shouldered as well, so a bit of heft does work for me in that respect.

24. Ag

Ag User

Same and I guess no not really. I guess 12 stone is the target weight as that where I got to when I was 28 and hit body beautiful briefly.

25. Suomi

Suomi Super Moderator

For a while now I’ve actively resented having to be part of a drinking culture, so as of Friday I have started my journey to being teetotal. My last few experiences with alcohol have been overwhelming BOREDOM and I think I’d rather just be productive and potentially on my own than be invited to sit around in a pub.

I’ve had periods of time where I’ve stopped before, but this feels different, like the whole relationship with drinking has left me. I hope it’s not mad at me and doesn’t send me abusive texts.

26. Edward

Edward User

Can I suggest intermittent fasting to anyone here who has not tried it.

I have done it successfully in the past until a few round of steroids pushed my weight up considerably and started again last January. I've lost around 20kg and the weight is relatively easy to keep off.

27. lolly

Do you mean like PROPER fasting, or 5:2 diet style fasting? Because I found the latter hard enough.

28. Edward

Edward User

5:2. Though this time around I started with 4:3 and combined it with the 16:8 but the results are truly astonishing and it does help to rid yourself of some bad habits.

29. Edward

Edward User

I would suggest that anyone who does give 5:2 a go, to omit breakfast on their fast days.

I'm at 76.5 kg now and given that I started out at close to 96kg (my height is 6ft), the results have been astonishing this time around.

I still have a few kilos to lose and then I'll probably just switch to a 6:1 maintenance thing.

30. Ag

Ag User

Good for you. I'm feeling considerably more productive since Mr Ag has gone sober. In turn Mr Ag is like a new person. He's gone from constantly slugglish, irritable and tired to funny, highly spirited and active.

Suomi likes this.
  31. Suomi

Suomi Super Moderator

The difference in energy is just amazing really. Although I don’t think the social anxiety aspect will be easy, it feels quite liberating to lay down my arms and not continue to chase a high that doesn’t really exist. The best times I’ve had socially are when I’ve sat round and played board games or just talked; not spending £35 on a round of drinks for people so we can sit and talk bullshit, only to be depressed about the whole experience in the morning.

I would say God I’m Old! but I think millenials have cottoned onto this too

32. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

Well done, Su! Trust me it’s not that hard to stay away from it after a while.

Suomi likes this.
  33. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

Meanwhile; I’ve reached 90 kilos earlier this week. I’m 1.76. Luckily however, things have been going really well in the gym lately, and I’ve been swimming once a week.

34. Ag

Ag User

Oh God it's such a generational thing. I haven't quite fully figured out why this generation went so wild. I know Thatcher's liberation of licensing turned drinking from an old's man game to a young person's activity. I guess the youth of the 1990s can be noted for their hedonism, perhaps as a youthful expression of the big jump into unregulated capitalism.

Suomi likes this.
  35. Ag

Ag User

Which in turn manifested itself as a generational symbol of power and success... blah blah blah [sociology].

36. Rita

Rita User

I just enjoy getting pissed. I ain’t going to dress it up.

Suomi likes this.
  37. Indie

Indie Skeptopotamus

Quite.

Drinkers unite against the rising tide of sobriety.

38. Ag

Ag User

What, by getting PISSED?

39. Indie

Indie Skeptopotamus

:beer:

40. Chlammy

My running is getting better but I've definitely gotten more inconsistent.

A woman chased me off a machine today. Asked if I was using it, which I was, then she said we'd take turns because it was gym etiquette. I nodded, said help yourself and walked upstairs.