MS Office software transfer

Discussion in 'Gaming & Tech' started by Gavin, May 4, 2006.

1. Gavin

Gavin Fuck It I Love You

Question for you folks. I need help getting MS PowerPoint without having to pay for it all over again.

I have the full MS Office package on my main PC (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc), however i NEED to transfer PowerPoint on to my laptop.

Is there any way of doing this simply? I'd imagine Miscrosoft have safeguards against this kind of thing but i really don't want to have to shell out for MS Office all over again just for my laptop.

Any ideas? It wouldn't all fit on a memory block would it?

Thanking YOU.

:geek:

2. Lee

Lee Ne me quitte pas

How does Office work? You put in a code right? There are tons available all over the internet.

3. Gavin

Gavin Fuck It I Love You

So what does that mean i have to do?

I'm presuming there is some copy protection mechanism which will stop me simply copying PowerPoint on to a blank disk for example.

4. vinyl_junkie

vinyl_junkie 45 rpm

You can't just move programs - when they install, they stick files all over the place so you wouldn't know where they all are. You will need the disc you had originally..... or just download one from a dodgy site. I don't know any though cos I have a dodgy disc I use. I could probably put that file in the gmail?! Not sure how big it is.

If you did buy it (which you imply) and you still have the disc (WHY NOT if you don't!), you can install that on your new computer with the same key... unless it was an OEM (ie free with your old pc).

5. Gavin

Gavin Fuck It I Love You

I got MS Office on my PC 5 years ago at Uni when a girl from halls used her dodgy disk to install in on my system.

Similarly i have Word on my laptop via similar methods. Neither person are able to do so now, so i may just have to buy as i have no such disk myself.

What do you mean by download from 'a dodgy site'?

6. vinyl_junkie

vinyl_junkie 45 rpm

Well psp or file sharing sites or illegal download sites??! I really don't know because I never even download mp3s (except from moopy).

The disc is about 500mb - that's too much for gmail isnt it? I wouldn't buy it though - it costs about £400 doesn't it?

7. Gavin

Gavin Fuck It I Love You

£400!??

Fucks sake. Why cant they just GIVE you these things WITH the computer. I've got XP but there is shit all you can do with that when it comes to PowerPoint-esque presentations.

8. vinyl_junkie

vinyl_junkie 45 rpm

Actually being a student you can get the £100 student and teacher version but when you graduate they send the boys round to smash your computer.

9. Gavin

Gavin Fuck It I Love You

Oh well, i graduated two years ago.

What happened to the More Qualifications Than Pennies In The Bank version. I think that is a more JUST cause ultimately.

10. vinyl_junkie

vinyl_junkie 45 rpm

Oh and you could try OpenOffice - an anti-microsoft free clone program that is apparently compatible... i don't know how good it is but it is free! Impress is their version of PowerPoint and I think you could save things in that then open them in PowerPoint.

http://www.openoffice.org

11. Gavin

Gavin Fuck It I Love You

I look into that, cheers. Although i'm not sure a malfunction during a board room meeting would be taken in good humour. Quite a risk.

Thanks for you efforts VJ. Appreciate it.

Its EuroMillions tomorrow. I'll be fine. :)

12. Lee

Lee Ne me quitte pas

Oh I thought you had the disk with them on.
    You could probably download them off of limewire. Or maybe they have TBYB downloads on the official site. You could then download that and put in the code to make it a full version.

13. wendy the goat

wendy the goat User

I have a cracked copy of MS Office Pro i got of Limewire. :horny:

14. ah ah ah

ah ah ah Can we get together?