My End of Decade Top 100 Countdown Spectacular!

Discussion in 'End Of Year Charts' started by Ag, Nov 29, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Ag

Ag User

In short my top 100 songs of the decade. Based on all kinds of things, mostly play counts but also how I feel RIGHT NOW. Obviously give me a few years and the list will look quite different. I will try and update when I get time...

Jark likes this.
  2. Jark

Jark User

this also happens to be the approach I'm taking with mine!

3. OutSynk

OutSynk User

This as well

4. Ag

Ag User

100 212 – Azealia Banks

Controversial first. racist, homophobic anal bleaching fan Azealia had so much potential that it really is hard to deny this undeniable BANGER.

99 Hatrið mun sigra – Hatari

Iceland's Eurovision entry for 2019. These beautiful dirty boys with a penchant for nice knitwear and gimp masks were just too special for Europe.

98 You Set Fire To My Life – Tina Arena

The late great RobotBoy introduced me to this 2013 mid tempo pop thrill. played here from Suranne Jones.

97 Cranes in the Sky – Solange

Who said sultry gem? Solange did! Dreamy and painful.

96 Broken Glass – Sia

Sia by numbers, but who cares. Sia has every right to be remembered as an icon of the decade.

Jark likes this.
  5. Ag

Ag User

95 Sunlight – Modestep

Some electro dubstep back from 2011 when we didn't know music was about to become very rotten.

94 This Is What You Came For – Calvin Harris/ Rihanna

Not the last appearance for either of these. The eighties were also a big theme this decade, so have a rather low-key 80s remix. Yer welcome.

93 Castles – Freya Ridings

The 7 week number that never was.

92 Juice – Lizzo

Lizzo won gay hearts hard this year. If this isn't a future gay club staple than the fight for gay rights were a waste of time.

91 Hypersonic Missiles - Patrick Topping Shields Remix – Sam Fender

Who is Sam Fender? cried an agog Moopy as he topped the album charts in the summer. I dont care much for his generic white boy album, but this remix leaves me soggy.

6. POP!

POP! Across that county line

Ooh love "Cranes in the Sky" it only gets better with age. Foul old Azealia "212" is a tune too.

Ag likes this.
  7. Ag

Ag User

90 Tilted – Christine and the Queens

I've been painting my face with magic markers ever since

89 Dancefloor – Tracey Thorn

Out Trace popped out this banger last year and the idea of Tracey drunk in club and realising shes dancing to her own music pleased me way more than it should have.

88 Hot Boy – Sam Fox

One of several of the members of the SAW powerhouse have dropped throwback tracks with less than subtle nods to the good old days, in recent years and like our Sam this really was the tits.

87 Power – Little Mix

I have enjoyed much of Rhythmix output, but this really was head and shoulders above the rest. Why they needed Stormzy to sing about girl power I will never know.

86 Levels – Avicii

RIP hun.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
    BoysForSeles likes this.
  8. Devil

Devil I Need A House

Power really is a marvellous pop track.

9. Ag

Ag User

85 Dirty Talk – Wynter Gordon

Wynter came and went with this 50 shades of EDM banger.

84 Woman's World – Cher

Have a truth! Cher's had a good decade, seeing as shes been almost dead on a WEEKLY BASIS.

83 Drunk in Love – Beyoncé

Now here's someone I've pretty much lost interest in. After such a good run, the run of hits (for the gays at least) dried up. This remains her remains her finest moment of the decade. Although robotically observing her sister beat up her husband is certainly close competition.

82 The Last Dance – Clare Maguire

A strong prediction as much as anything else, this was actually a #23 hit in the UK. A strong pop track, with an electro sparkle.

81 Too Much – Kylie Minogue

She has arrived! The first of several placings for our Queen. This is a fairly unloved Calvin Harris number from Aphrodite, an album which marked the end of the 2000 to 2010 revival era. I however thought it was swish.

10. BoysForSeles

BoysForSeles User

I feel this could have peaked already with Foxy and Trace at 88 & 89.

Alla likes this.
  11. Ag

Ag User

80 Shine – Gabrielle

Finally out of prison for beheading a man (Google it, its almost true), Gabs had been sitting on this empowering slice of pop for way too long.

79 #Beautiful – Mariah Carey

#singaporelambs #sglambs #mariahcareysingapore #singaporelambily #recordingstudio #sing #lovemariah #throwback #l #whistlenotes #lambilymoments #queen #body #teammariah #life #live #popmusic #vocals #gay #dress #arianagrande #withyou #songbirdsupreme #itsalambthing #alliwantforchristmasisyou #lambilyforever #mc #webelongtogether #thedistance #art #mariah #mariahcarey #lambily #singer #s #music #caution #lamb #mimi #asianlambs #malaysianlambs #lambs #instagram #hero #amazing #love #skinnylegend #hair #diva #mariahcareyliveinsingapore #fantasy #mariahcareyliveinasia #liveinsingapore #asiantour #popsuperstar #mariahcareymalaysia #mariahcareyphilippines #mariahcareyasia #singapore #bhfyp

78 Judas – Lady Gaga

The highest track for Stef. I've just discovered the joy that YouTube comments can bring to this countdown. So here we go...

"remember this is the most controversial song in history because she released it on easter sunday"

77 Monsters – Sara Aalto

Definitely one of my favourite lesbians of the decade. This was a ropey mess of a Eurovison performance, but years hanging around with desperate gays (hi @Pingu) thankfully paid off musically.

76 One of Us – Cher

Better than the ABBA original... Well obviously cod reggae has aged quite badly and somehow Cher manages to warm up ABBAs clinical choices of The Visitors era. Maybe not, but still a worthy takeaway from an album that for a short while became gay shorthand for :agog:.

12. Alla

Alla ®

I was gonna like the post because of Mariah and then I saw that witch eww.

13. Ag

Ag User

I will remember to cluster my taste according to your whims to get those all important likes in future.

14. Alla

Alla ®

Good.

Ag likes this.
  15. Ag

Ag User

75 Someone Like You – Adele

I feel like Moopy is rather over this bitch due being the one white female straight folk like. However she really has kept the diva sized ballad dream alive and for that I am grateful.

74 Into the Blue – Kylie Minogue

I know its a rehash of I Believe In You, but you say it like its a bad thing. Sadly this was during her least successful period of the decade, that she resorted to having to force personality on The Voice.

73 Baby It's Over – Helena Paparizou

The best selling single in Greece in 2011. A legit banger straight out the EDM glory days.

72 All For You – Years and Years

Olly gets away with being a rubbish queen, by not being Sam Smith, knowing hes a rubbish queen and making frankly brilliant pop music like its going out of fashi... oh.

71 Cut To The Feeling – Carly Rae Jepsen

Sheer joyous unapologetic dance pop. Carly coming off her initial run of international success, I'm not sure any of us thought we'd give a fuck about her again, but she came back with an album so far away from anything close to what was in the charts in the mid 10s and gave us everything we'd been missing.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    Alla likes this.
  16. Alla

Alla ®

This lot, much better.

17. Ag

Ag User

70 Young and Beautiful – Lana Del Rey

If ever an artist inspires memories of a lost youth grubby hot summers featuring reckless unprotected fucking and self harm its our Lana. Divine.

69 Two Weeks – FKA Twigs

Honestly stunning. Buzzy dirty elegant R&B. For reasons unknown the glorious video which works so well is absent from the internet :amlife:

68 Sweet Nothing – Calvin Harris and Florence

I don't really have much to say about this to I will refer back to the YouTube comments

"I just realize Florence wasn’t with the machines in this one"

67 Emotional – Charli XCX

At some point Charli realised she wasn't for the charts, so much as she was for internet gays and I am grateful. A life of being sorely underrated means most people miss snazzy little pop gift like this.

66 Time Machine – Robyn

Its just too good. Shes just too good. Soaking in synth and stomping good electro, this was a definite take away from the Body Talk project. The Queen of Internet Gays and diminishing commercial returns.

18. BoysForSeles

BoysForSeles User

Time Machine was a stand out from the album and you know it’s good when Dannii Minogue says she wishes she’d had it for herself.

Ag likes this.
  19. Ag

Ag User

65 Rolling in the Deep – Adele

Id like to see Adele actually rolling in the deep.

64 Man Down – Rihanna

After so many years of bangers and general pop glory, it was kinda a revelation to hear her going back to dabbling with reggae and realise it wasn't cultural appropriation before that was a thing.

63 One Strike – All Saints

The All Saints comeback defining the terms 'relative success'. The parent album was chock full of Shaznay at her best.

62 Where Have You Been – Rihanna

Something we would ALL like to know.

61 Pick Up – DJ Koze

Now this was a treat. Featuring a melancholic Gladys Knight preempting a sad Saturday, to some lush filtered disco.Tragic sad dance pop at its finest. I cant find the 12" disco mix on YouTube which you all deserve.