New album JOANNE - Oct. 21

Discussion in 'Lady Gaga' started by Tramell, Sep 15, 2016.

1. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

A Diva Bar tour is ONE way NOT sell out arenas.

2. J-Snow

J-Snow I'm ms. EXTRA, EXTRA.

She really does HATE us now.

3. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

All is forgiven. I love you Gaga! :disco:

4. ameraal

ameraal is this too much?

have we heard about this? ps was roger friedman the one that hated mariah?

Amazon Deep Discounts Lady Gaga’s Excellent “Joanne” Album for $3.99 in Sales Panic
    by Roger Friedman - October 21, 2016 9:08 am

5. Christian

Christian GOOD BYE!

Am, please can't you be MORE on message and LESS on facts.

It's all about positivity and affirmation in the GAGS world now donchtaknow.

6. jivafox

jivafox Stay sexy don’t get murdered

I'm so glad everyone can afford this life changing record.

7. Alex

Alex Go fish

Tried to give this a go but her voice is just so unpleasant, unlistenable

8. Penelope

Penelope AND SHAVE OUR EYEBROWS

I wouldn't be surprised if Interscope are sick of her shit and just trying to get shot of her contract. ARTPOP must have lost them a tonne and she clearly wouldn't play ball on being a viable popstar anymore.

9. Pipo

Pipo Gossip is the devil’s telephone, best to hang up!

if Penny is over her SO MUCH, why is he bearing an avatar of that HARRIDAN not to mention he quotes her lyrics?

10. Penelope

Penelope AND SHAVE OUR EYEBROWS

It's a memoriam to former glories

11. Jark

Jark User

Starting to find a few things to enjoy about this album now. John Wayne and Hey Girl are both good songs with some interesting production flourishes. :eyes:

12. Tramell

Tramell Amen Fashion

13. Tramell

Tramell Amen Fashion

She looks SMOKING HOT this era :o

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TWBzyQbTlZY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. Pipo

I'm on my 4th listen now, it's not as bad as some people make it out to be but, it's just so so boring. I had low expectations for Diamond Heart but it turns out I actually liked it except she should have done it without the ridiculous Bruce Springsteen-like vocal delivery, there's a good song buried somewhere under it.
    A-Yo has to be the poppiest song in it though I see why they chose PI as a lead single instead of it but it's a nice reminder she can be quirky and fun when she's not all pretentious and boring.

I can hardly remember Joanne and Million Reasons, they weren't dire or anything, it was just BORING.
    As for John Wayne, what a shame she has killed what could have been a great song in favour of so so production instead of a disco stomper, this *could* be a single with some heavy reworking. WTF is Sinner's PRayer about? Her voice sounds AWFUL, is that on purpose??

From the comments I read here about Dancing in Circles I had high hopes for it but again it's let down by the production, she feels so restrained in this album when she could have thrown everything, I don't even mind her voice in it but Alejandro THIS AIN'T! Come To Mama is a nice nod to Amy Winehouse but again, that fucking voice.

I love how they had to shoe-horn either an accordion or a harmonica soundbite all over the record so you don't forget you're listening to an authentic AMERICANA BLUEGRASS HILLBILLY SOUTHERN record just in case you wanna dust off the old disco stick.

Thanks for adding this to Spotify Stefani Joanne, so I will save my coins for something else.

15. Pipo

DOUBLE JOANNE POST

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  16. Tramell

Tramell Amen Fashion

YAAAS PIPO

17. Rhythmbarbican

Rhythmbarbican User

UK midweek #3 with 11k sold behind Elvis and Buble, who have both sold nearly double.

18. RobotBoy

RobotBoy BANG BANG

The British public are fucking imbeciles. They voted for Brexit. I don't expect them to like Lady Gaga.

19. Tramell

Tramell Amen Fashion

:D

20. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

I wonder how far behind Leonard Cohen and Kings of Leon are? I don't think #3 is certain if she's only shifted 11k so far, considering how frontloaded she is going to be.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  21. Ag

Ag User

Those bastard 63,989,000 who haven't bought it yet.

Have you bought it yet?

22. RobotBoy

RobotBoy BANG BANG

I have an Apple Music subscription but it is, of course, downloaded.

23. lolly

Is that the same as downloading it on Spotify? I always wonder whether that registers the same way as when you're actually streaming it.

24. RobotBoy

RobotBoy BANG BANG

Yeah, I wonder too.

25. Ag

Ag User

I download my main playlist on Spotify to my phone. Are you suggesting that counts as a sale in some way?!

26. lolly

No, I'm wondering if it's more the opposite. If you just stream something several times without having downloaded it, those streams count towards streaming 'sales', don't they? But if you download it to listen to offline, which surely you're more likely to do if you're a particular fan of something, then does it count at all?

27. Ag

Ag User

My Spotify does that end of year of my most played, which seems to reflect it's registered all my plays. I guess the plays count, the moment you connect, which displays a certain level of disparity, but I doubt my 7 plays of a track moving from one week to the next dents the chart so much.

28. lolly

Individually nothing any of us do makes much difference. I just wonder how it all works and if all plays are counted the same.

Where do you see your most played tracks in Spotify?

29. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

I could see that in the early, simpler versions of Spotify. Nowadays I barely find my playlists.

30. J-Snow

[video=youtube;L4VK5uhOQgs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4VK5uhOQgs[/video]

:o:disco:

31. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

What a truly bizarre performance. From the drunk breakdancing to the the spastic twirling to the faux guitar-playing (which Madonna is obviously not talented enough to do), I'm not sure what to think. Get better soon Gags.

It's a fun song though.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  32. RobotBoy

RobotBoy BANG BANG

Actually amazing. She looks so good too.

33. RobotBoy

RobotBoy BANG BANG

Stunning.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0vKvglXkQD4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

34. J-Snow

She ALWAYS looks SO GOOD.

What a performer! I actually properly love A-YO now.

JOANNA UP!

35. RobotBoy

RobotBoy BANG BANG

YAAAAAAAAAS J SNOW!

36. Tramell

Tramell Amen Fashion

S.L.A.Y Jen :disco:

37. Pipo

bless her being so EXTRA on this era

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/V6ZBYoakIDQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

38. Tramell

Tramell Amen Fashion

Wonderful NME review

Weirdness and wonder abound in Gaga’s Americana-inspired fifth album

In the abstract, Lady Gaga is the last person you’d want to go down the pared-down, real-me, let’s-get-a-bit-country road. After all, the abstract is where Lady Gaga’s from. What business could she possibly have in the dusty, downtrodden ol’ town of Authenticity?

But don’t fear that stetson: though ‘Million Reasons’, co-written with country hitmaker Hillary Lindsey, served as potent, sky-clutching reminder of Gaga’s way with a bare-bones ballad, Gaga Americana is not the Nashville kind, nor the big-beards sort, but a schlocky, thrill-packed theme-park. When Gaga strips herself back, what’s underneath is just a more streamlined strangeness.

And though the gloriously daft ‘John Wayne’ is a raunchy Westworld robo-romp, ‘A-Yo’ is ‘Shake It Off’ Pt 2 and autobiographical opener ‘Diamond Heart’ is Gaga doing The Killers doing Springsteen, ‘Joanne’ is also as stylistically varied as ever. Beck collaboration ‘Dancing in Circles’ is a moody Latin number, while ‘Hey Girl’, a duet with Florence Welch, is a relatively subdued soul-funk slink and ‘Come to Mama’ a glammy showtune, but if the tracklist is wide-ranging, it’s admirably concise; a sensible move after the distracting pretension of ‘Artpop’’s pitch.

There is a real raw heart to ‘Joanne’, too: the title track, dedicated to the singer’s paternal aunt, who died of lupus before she was born. It’s a leavetaking song of great, simple beauty, more tenderly affecting than anything Gaga’s done before, showcasing the emotive power rather than the force of that great voice. The rest of the album too, rings with urges for us to take care of each other in a cruel world, most of all ‘Angel Down’, a song about the death of Trayvon Martin that also seems to allude to what she called, in her recent NME interview, “the toilet of the internet”: “I confess I am lost in the age of the social/On our knees, take a test/To be loving and grateful.” It’s a simple, warm and vital message from a high-concept pop star who’s reminded us that, if she’s definitely not like the rest of us underneath it all, she’s certainly all human.

Read more at http://www.nme.com/reviews/album/lady-gaga-joanne-review#a0t1urxB52KLKfqu.99

39. RobotBoy

RobotBoy BANG BANG

That just sums up exactly why I love Gaga well beyond the outfits and the performances and the artwork and the synths. For everything she does that annoys me, I feel like everything comes from such a good place.

40. RobotBoy

RobotBoy BANG BANG

And Angel Down really is an astonishing song. One for the ages and I hope she gives it the treatment it deserves, even if it's not a single.