Nigella Lawson 'subjected to intimate terrorism' by Charles Saatchi

Discussion in 'Current Affairs & Debate' started by Suedey, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Suedey

Suedey [Women yelling in background]

:(

http://news.sky.com/story/1174457/nigella-lawson-called-habitual-criminal

TV cook Nigella Lawson has been described in court as a "habitual criminal", a day after her ex-husband Charles Saatchi accused her of taking drugs.

The latest claim was made as lawyers argued over whether the trial should go ahead of two of their former employees charged with fraud.

Francesca Grillo, 35, and Elisabetta Grillo, 41, are accused of using a company credit card to buy goods and services for themselves worth some £300,000 while working as their personal assistants.

The Grillo sisters deny the charges and claim Ms Lawson was aware of this expenditure all along.

But the defendants' lawyers argued the case should not go ahead due to the "manipulation of the court process" by Ms Lawson and Mr Saatchi, who had a high-profile divorce earlier this year.

Isleworth Crown Court earlier heard Mr Saatchi allege Ms Lawson was so high on drugs she was unaware what she had permitted the Italian sisters to spend money on.

Anthony Metzer QC, for Elisabetta Grillo, argued the case should be dropped as the women would not be able to receive a fair trial as Ms Lawson and Mr Saatchi were at "loggerheads" and the alleged drug use damaged the celebrity cook's "credibility as an honest witness".

He said if the trial did go ahead "it's a convenient forum for Mr Saatchi and Ms Lawson to rehearse disputed issues between them ... in the criminal courts where, of course, the possibility of libel is not possible".

Referring to allegations of drug use by Ms Lawson, Mr Metzer said: "If Mr Saatchi is telling the truth, then Ms Lawson is a habitual criminal."

He added: "The defendants' case is that Nigella Lawson lied to her ex-husband about her drug use and about the expenditure that was incurred by the defendants, both expressly and implicitly, because she was fearful of Mr Saatchi's reaction if he knew about the extent of the expenditure and drug use.

"There was a culture of secrecy within Nigella Lawson's marriage."

Prosecutor Jane Carpenter, who argued against dropping the case, said: "The suggestion that these defendants are sacrificial lambs in order to discredit Ms Lawson I do not accept at all."

After hearing submissions, Judge Robin Johnson ruled the trial should go ahead.

Ms Lawson reached out to her fans by posting a recipe for "Holiday Hotcake" on Twitter, which she described as "the perfect recipe to show thanks for all your support & to those who hashtag #teamNigella"

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2013
  2. Ag

Ag BRING BACK TAGS

I'm confused about all this. Is this part of some kind of Saatchi revenge campaign? The timing of the courtcase and the revelation seem all too well timed.

If she plays her cards right, she'll come out of this more popular than ever.

3. Loufoque

Loufoque BATTLE FOR YOUR LIFE

Saatchi really is a nasty piece of shit, isn't he?

4. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

The break up of a marriage between two famous people is going to be very public, but I find it really distasteful that Saatchi felt it necessary to bring Nigella's teenage daughter into it and label her a drug addict as well.

And it seems odd that only some media outlets are reporting that the Grillo sisters were arrested in August 2012, yet only made the drug allegations in in September 2013, three months after the incident in the restaurant.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  5. Whatevar

Whatevar WHAT!

I don't believe a word of it

6. Ag

Ag BRING BACK TAGS

I don't care what she does! Besides for someone who apprently loves her coke so much, she seems to have a lot of time for EATING!

7. jivafox

jivafox chalamet & chill

She has always been too gorgeously voluptuous to be a coke addict.

8. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

The Telegraph used this picture yesterday, which could be him noticing white stuff around her nose after she's popped to the ladies, or it might just be him trying to choke her,

[​IMG]

As was said yesterday, the idea that you can be married to a drug addict for a decade and not know that they're snorting coke on a daily basis is pretty far fetched, unless the one in the dark is a functioning alcoholic themselves.

9. Suedey

Same here. I'm confused too but I think it's a Saatchi revenge thing too.. he's bitter and angry and wants his money.

I'm not sure if I even care whether she's a total coke head or not. I still think she's great!

10. Apocalypt Flyer

Apocalypt Flyer spheres

This is my overall impression, too. Regardless of whether Nigella has assembled coconut flakes with her platinum credit cards or not. And even if she has, he probably played a massive part in all of it.

11. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

He is such an odious cunt. His new (equally) fucking hideous girlfriend is welcome to him.

I love this woman so much.This better not affect the transmission of The Taste UK.

12. Ryan

Ryan User

Upper class celebrity does cocaine non-shocker. Nothing to see here.

13. Beverley

Beverley I Don't Wanna Change A THI-ING

I couldn't give a shit about Nigella being on coke (though I'm not buying it), as it doesn't stop Saatchi from being an absolute cunt.

14. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

15. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

DigitalSpy were discussing this over a month ago it seems, after the injunction was put in place.

I'm praying that Tulisa wasn't her dealer.

16. Floppet

Floppet Spider murderer

The man is a vile bully and this is just another way of kicking her. The moment I read the headlines this morning my first thought was how low could that man go? She's been doing coke every day for 10 years and he never knew? Pull the other one sunshine. He'll just keep coming up with more ways to try to discredit her and make her look bad, punish her for standing up to him and getting the hell out. It would appear that the British public couldn't give a shit about the allegations anyway.

17. Sheena

Sheena MAKE IT QUICK, LUCILLE!

POOR NIGELLA

I'm going to buy one of her books in protest

18. Suedey

Nail. On. The. Head. HARD.

19. Suedey

I've got them all (NATURELLEMENT), so I do love all of them in different ways ...but for the uninitiated I'd have to say that Nigella Express is an ABSOLUTE MUST in any kitchen.

20. Apocalypt Flyer

Apocalypt Flyer spheres

The good thing is - whether it is because she isn't allowed to legally or whether she just chooses to - that she's kept this (and herself) out of press and tv entirely . It makes her look liike the bigger person by quite a margin.

21. Ag

Ag BRING BACK TAGS

Funny you don't hear anything bad about her from anyone except #TeamSaatchi. He's just a powerhouse of nastiness and somehow her silence remains her greatest tool for now. In fact she is her greatest tool. Seems odd that this is dominating headlines well beyond the tabloids, including BBC, but they are certainly a power couple in divorce.

22. RobotBoy

RobotBoy BANG BANG

Her silence and dignity remains glorious.

Funny how no one else has come forward to corroborate the drug claims. AS IF she's a coke head.

23. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

In a post Leveson world, who would run the story even if someone came forward? Had the Co-op guy not been filmed by his dealer and been stupid enough to make his requests by text I doubt he'd have made it into the papers.

She's not a working class girl who's got ideas above herself, like Kerry Katona or Tulisa, she's the daughter of a former Chancellor and the sister of a newspaper editor/columnist, married to a disgustingly rich and powerful man. She took out an injunction against a man who claimed the restaurant assault photos were staged. She is not someone to be fucked with.

The more I think about, the more I think there is likely to be some truth to it. Saatchi is a vile man and a very vindictive man, but he's not stupid enough to fabricate something that can easily be denied or disproved.

24. Peekaboo

Peekaboo User

They clearly deserve each other. Tory scum!

25. Kate

Kate she's for the streets BITCH

Even if she is a coke head WHO CARES? I don't think it will damage her career. Saatchi to DIE.

26. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

:manson:

27. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

Saatchi is 70 now. I imagine he thinks people will care a whole lot more than they actually will, although I don't think her career will come out of this completely unscathed.

[​IMG]

28. Penelope

Penelope SMIRKING LESBIAN MOON

Erm...

29. Penelope

Apart from the fact she's not actually a Tory :manson:

30. Penelope

Still, even if she was, it's a HOOT to know that in Peekaboo World there's moral equivocation between having right-wing views and being a woman strangler. YAY SIXTH FORM LEFT WINGERY

31. Kate

Kate she's for the streets BITCH

Maybe Peekaboo means Trinny. I bet she's a Tory.

32. Peekaboo

Peekaboo User

She's the daughter of a TORY BARON, I'm sure she had a frightfully hard upbringing :) She then went on to marry one of the biggest arrogant FILTHY RICH CUNTS in Britain. My heart bleeds for her.

33. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

There is also an issue of the illegality of regularly giving money to drug dealers when you're a daily class A drug user (if true) although the very wealthy never really need to worry about all of that, apart from the inconvenience of having to pay more for their gear when the stupid bint drug mules go and get themselves caught and the drugs confiscated.

34. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

35. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

Oh and here's another for good measure

I suppose Peekaboo needed a new target since Kate managed to carry her baby to full term.

36. Penelope

Who's saying anything about upbringing? Oh, does Saatchi's behaviour all of a sudden become ACCEPTABLE just because she happened to be born into wealth? :manson:

37. Apocalypt Flyer

Apocalypt Flyer spheres

Yeah, that Nigella woman sure had losing her mother, sister and husband to cancer more than coming her way what with all the priviliged upbringing she enjoyed. She certainly DESERVES a public mudfight divorce to round things off.

Slow clap for Peekaboo please.

38. Penelope

NEWS: 9/11 officially 'OK' because rich people died

39. Peekaboo

Peekaboo User

They're clearly in the middle of a very nasty divorce, I doubt VERY MUCH she's sitting at home feeling sorry for herself. She has the wealth and the contacts to fight back, he's just chosen to be more of a cunt about it. It's funny how Moopy jumps to defend all these pseudo-aristocrat fake innocent upper-class women who portray themselves as good wives/princesses but then quite openly wish for Rihanna to get beaten to death again for coming back to Chris Brown!

40. Sheena

Sheena MAKE IT QUICK, LUCILLE!

In what world is Nigella being CLEARLY ABUSED by her husband and leaving him REMOTELY COMPARABLE to Rihanna shacking back up with someone who smacked her about?

SERIOUSLY!???!