Nintendo 3DS Announced (Glasses-free 3D gaming)

Discussion in 'Gaming & Tech' started by MAMA, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Slave

Slave User

The reviews I've read suggest the 3D display is actually much improved and the upscaling not an issue. The range in which the 3D is viewable apparently wider and easier to find/maintain.

2. Mats

Mats User

go kiss a turd, PP

3. Peekaboo

Peekaboo User

I've held a 3DS XL in my hand. It's slightly heavier than a 3DS, but not much more than a Vita. The resolution on the screen is AMAZING, no blurriness at all and the 3D effect is much easier to lock into view. My only complaint is the size actually, as you can't really fit it in your pocket anymore.

4. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

Right, I've just TRADED UP to a 3DS XL, it's so sexy :disco:

Deal on at Tesco.com at the moment, £150 for one (inc. mains adapter). Word of advice though, if you do it, you have to put the adapter in your basket too, otherwise they will charge you the same price but no freebie (:daf:) I have to wait a few more days for that now after they twigged this when I came to pick it up.

I don't know if it's just on the XL, but the system transfer between 3DSs is really cute, Pikmin come and manually HAUL your data over from one place to the next <3

5. Slave

Slave User

That sounds the same as the Wii U system transfer.

6. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

Panicked a little bit, as both consoles decided pretty much as soon as pressed 'go' that they weren't REALLY on 3/4 power, more like 1/2 *bites nails*

I'm a little NAFFED OFF that Nintendo don't include an AC adapter with the XL. What the fuck do they think people are going to DO?

7. Slave

Slave User

Nintendo have announced a fairly major revision to the 3DS hardware:

The line: "an improved processor will mean the new models will only be able to play a selection of new releases" is a bit confusing, since it suggests the new models won't be fully backwards compatible, whilst the old models won't be able to play some of the new games that will be released in the future. I can't see that Nintendo would have made a more powerful 3DS that doesn't work with current software - but then, this IS Nintendo after all, so who knows :D