Nintendo Switch stuff

Discussion in 'Gaming & Tech' started by dUb, Dec 5, 2016.

?

Will U?

1. YES

39.3%
  2. NO

35.7%
  3. MAYBE

25.0%
  1. COB

COB The Red Cyclone

Is there likely to be a price drop for Christmas? Probably not since it's doing so well, but I hope so anyway. I'll not be getting a SNES Mini as I'm well served in that department already, but I really can't get over their lineup of included games - literally 100% bangers :disco:

2. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

More likely just more bundles. It's been really successful and I don't think we'll get one this year.

3. Pipo

Pipo extra large & extra hard

Final Fantasy 3 on the SNES Mini

I literally CAN'T, I mean I'm DEAD, no, really get somebody to come pick up my body because I AM LITERALLY DEAD RIGHT NOW.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    COB likes this.
  4. Indie

Indie Great Tits

Why have they made so few of each? What a crock of shit

5. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

It's all these fucking scalpers after the NES Mini fiasco. It's been confirmed that loads more will be available and that stores have been fairly conservative with the number of preorder allocations so far.

PLUS I've seen loads of Americans have preordered from UK stores because no American sites are taking orders yet. And that their SNES is SO FUCKING UGLY.

6. COB

COB The Red Cyclone

I read that the NES Mini production run was cut short to start making these ones, so there'd be less of a problem this time (while also exacerbating the trouble for the NES, but anyway :side-eye:)

I hope a whole new generation discover the joy of doing wrestling moves on a fucking train :disco:
    [​IMG]

Peekaboo and Pipo like this.
  7. Pipo

I Can't believe I will RELIVE my experience of playing QUEEN CELES. Terra was shit anyway.

COB likes this.
  8. Phoenix

Phoenix The Nest

You know you can get them in the App Store?

9. Pipo

playing it on a console>>>>>playing it on your phone

I have Exvius so I'm sorted

Peekaboo likes this.
  10. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

Oh where's the fun in that?!

COB, Pipo and Madison like this.
  11. Peekaboo

Peekaboo User

I've pre-ordered a SNES Mini even though I own all the games in it (bar Earthbound and Super Mario RPG - and Starfox 2, obviously). I'm hoping it's as easily hackable as the NES Mini and I can add the rest of my collection to it :disco:

12. Indie

Indie Great Tits

Got me a snes mini too now.

Really want an original one and weighing up whether it's worth paying a million pounds for one.

13. dUb

dUb IFFY

I have it now who wants to be friends

14. Bearol

Bearol User

nope, not a game player :P

15. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

Odyssey is utterly magical :disco:

16. Indie

Indie Great Tits

Now playing super Mario world like I'm 12 again. Yay

17. Peekaboo

Peekaboo User

I completed SMW on the day I got the Mini and it was, as ever, perfect. I'm now onto Demon's Crest and will finally crack a couple of Japan-only RPGs that have now been patched into English. I haven't played anything but Super Nintendo games since this came into my house!

18. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

Are you talking about the mini too, Peeka?

I'm curious about the Switch's retro games e-store. Their policy about SNES games for the 3DS was ROTTED

19. Lee

Lee Ne me quitte pas

I’m enjoying Odyssey, but I wouldn’t say it’s magical. I don’t know if I’m just too old or what, but it’s a great game, just missing something.

20. Peekaboo

Peekaboo User

Yeah SNES Mini. I haven't bought a Switch yet. I doubt I will until it goes under 270 quid with a game.

21. SDF

SDF We're all Angles in Chainz

I'm plying Odyssey too and it is a beautiful game. The boss' have been pretty easy so far, but I've just reached New Donk City, and in one of the reviews I read it said the difficulty level kicks up a gear.

22. Slave

Slave User

Odyssey isn’t that difficult really, even the final boss only took me a few attempts.

But the main story really isn’t the attraction. Get through it and THEN it really shines.

23. COB

COB The Red Cyclone

I'm currently dying at the odysseyboi Instagram account - Mario as an #instagay thirst trap :D

24. Peekaboo

Peekaboo User

This is AMAZING :D

25. dUb

dUb IFFY

Loving every second of Odyssey. Glad to hear there's lots more once you complete the main story - for whenever I manage to do that :side-eye:

monsta likes this.
  26. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

I feel bad for you.

I am literally running about everywhere in swimming trunks and a cowboy hat :disco:

dUb likes this.
  27. COB

COB The Red Cyclone

I'm REALLY having to resist buying a Switch today :( There's bound to be at least one or two decent deals for Black Friday so I should wait, but I just got paid (and did shitloads of overtime last month) so I'm going over and over in my head trying to justify it :o

28. Slave

Slave User

What’s to justify? You want one so buy one (particularly as you’ve worked hard for it).

29. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

I really don’t think there’s going to be that many decent deals. If anything they’ll just be bunging in a game that they can’t shift.

It’s legit worth every penny for Zelda and Mario. It’s such a joyous little console. I’m still astounded every single time that you don’t even need to wait for the game to boot up, it just jumps in!

dUb likes this.
  30. COB

COB The Red Cyclone

I think you're right - I've been keeping an eye on the wraiths over at HotUKDeals and the only sniff of a deal ever seems to be bundles with Rayman or various Lego games, neither of which I'm interested in. The main reason I'm cautious is because I bought my PS4 last October and could have saved if I'd waited a few weeks, but I know they're different situations. I think I'm going to go for it :o

monsta likes this.
  31. dUb

dUb IFFY

Even ASIDE from the games I enjoy looking at and touching the Joy Cons very much. BUY BUY BUY.

monsta likes this.
  32. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

Do it hun!:disco:

33. Slave

Slave User

Nintendo don’t set their prices in the UK anyway. Sony and Microsoft play competitively with each other but whilst demand is high for the Switch, retailers wont be discounting.

34. COB

COB The Red Cyclone

I've done it! I went for a Mario bundle for £310 - click and collecting tonight at Glasgow's ever-glamorous Fort shopping paradise.

35. dUb

dUb IFFY

Apparently it’s sold in six months half of what the Wii U did in its lifetime which doesn’t sound that impressive to me to be honest but werk.

36. Slave

Slave User

It's remarkable really considering the position Nintendo were coming from - this time last year they were in the doldrums and a lot of people didn't see any way back for them.

To be at half the Wii U's total already is astonishing considering there have been constant stock shortages in Japan and America. Plus the console hasn't even done one Christmas on the market whereas the Wii U launched right into that market. I reckon within 3 months they'll be within touching distance of the Wii U if they haven't already sailed past it.

dUb likes this.
  37. COB

COB The Red Cyclone

One cool thing I found out while doing my research is that 8Bitdo's retro-style Bluetooth pads work with the Switch (as well as both Classic Mini consoles, with a dongle :o). I already have a NES30 Pro, so that might save me a bit of money down the line (I'm still in the 'justifying the purchase' phase clearly :side-eye:).

38. dUb

dUb IFFY

Need to rescind this. Lunch Kingdom can fucking burn.

monsta likes this.
  39. Lee

Lee Ne me quitte pas

They’ve really got me with them. I feel like I must have one in every colour :disco:

40. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

QUEEN!