Nintendo Switch stuff

Discussion in 'Gaming & Tech' started by dUb, Dec 5, 2016.

?

Will U?

1. YES

39.3%
  2. NO

35.7%
  3. MAYBE

25.0%
  1. Peekaboo

Peekaboo User

@dUb have you played Gris? It's in that same style, I think you may enjoy it.

2. Gangsta Nancy Lam

Gangsta Nancy Lam mess

They've announced a new Pokemon Snap game. I HAVE WAITED SO LONG.

ZenGiraffe likes this.
  3. straightorbroken

straightorbroken reflected onto the wet pavement

It looks gorgeous.

I didn't bother with S/S, but this is day one for sure.

4. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

I was going to come with the scalding piping Japanese tea but didn’t realise you all got it in English too.

pokemon tooth brushing :)
    Pokemon cafe bollocks :)
    NEW POKEMON SNAP *wig aflame*
    Mega Evos in Pokemon go :)
    Pokemon S/S DLC bollocks :vomit:

5. OutSynk

OutSynk My name is Matilda.

I will not be buying it. Hope I helped.

6. Gangsta Nancy Lam

Gangsta Nancy Lam mess

There's also rumours of a Pokemon Let's Go Johto, which doesn't really appeal to me, but whatever.

7. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

let’s go WAS a lovely remake visually but I don’t need it to continue.

I’d rather get DP’d by a D/P remake

or they can just stop being cunts and make Pokemon all-regions in one game so the fans don’t hate them forever

8. dUb

dUb And her name is ME

oh god i've gone and bought Ring Fit Adventure haven't I

*collapses during warm-up*

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  9. ZenGiraffe

ZenGiraffe Ano Esuriit

It tried getting me to plank the other day.

NO MA'AM

dUb likes this.
  10. Peekaboo

Peekaboo User

I've been playing Ring Fit since lockdown began and it really has kept me from going off the rails. I don't know if it's the smoothie nonsense or the overenthusiastic American cheerleader who voices the ring but it has kept me entertained way longer than Wii Fit ever could.

dUb likes this.
  11. Peekaboo

Peekaboo User

Also Dragaux is HOT (no shame).

dUb likes this.
  12. COB

COB DIONIN

There's a Mini Direct at 3pm UK time today, focusing on already-announced third party games. I'm hoping we finally get a release date for Silksong, it might be my most anticipated game at this point :o

13. straightorbroken

10 minutes.

I hope that expecting a car crash will provide pleasant surprises.

What on earth are they playing at though with the announced first party line up schedule being zero :D

14. COB

COB DIONIN

There MUST be a full Direct coming later in the summer, surely? They're being weirdly quiet - I wonder if COVID has really messed things up behind the scenes for them.

15. Peekaboo

Peekaboo User

I mean there's Bayonetta 3, Metroid Prime 4 (if that's still a thing) and BOTW 2 - those will be as big as they come (when they come). I imagine we'll see some more remasters, I'm surprised they still haven't announced Super Mario 3D World and Xenoblade Chronicles X. But yeah it's all SEQUELS and REMASTERS which I'm as ENTHUSIASTIC for as ROOT CANAL.

16. straightorbroken

Let's not forget the January 2017 announced Shen Megami Tensei :)

I'd love Xenoblade Chronicles X, I absolutely adored that beautiful hostile world and the bat shit soundtrack. I made the mistake of proceeding to the next stage of the story when I was savagely underpowered for the admittedly fabulous boss lady so have been hoping a Switch port would "pop up" so that I could re-start it there rather than on the Wii U.

17. COB

COB DIONIN

Not very much to say about that then :tongueout: Shin Megami Tensei V confirmed NOT DEAD and coming next year though, which is something!

18. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

Don’t Nintendo tend to make special Directs for their big stuff separately? I see Paper Mario Origami something is out now

19. straightorbroken

Interesting that the SMT remake is Spring 2021, meaning 5 will be late 2021. They should have just Twitter-revealed these. It amounted to 5 minutes of actual footage and talking about the games.

If all we get this year are the rumoured Pikmin 3, Mario 3D collection (of 3 games: 64, Sunshine and Galaxy 1), and a separate 3D World port I'd actually be fine as I'll get them all, but they ought to just come out with it.

I do wonder if they're simply waiting on knowing the full launch details of Sony and Microsoft to make their next move, or work out 2021 in response.

20. Peekaboo

Peekaboo User

Even though the APOCALYPTIC atmosphere of these games is a lot more APPEALING to me than the CHEERY J-POP ANGST of Persona my appetite for another round of satanic dungeon crawling is at an all-time low at the moment.

Also, how can it take them so long to make this game? The teaser trailer literally looks like a sexed up version of the intro to SMT IV and you know 80% of the mechanics of the game are going to be the same as previous Megatens. These games aren't even balanced!

21. straightorbroken

Pokkén Tournament, a game I've never seen on sale (and that very rarely dipped below £40 retail for Wii U), is going to be "free" via Nintendo Switch Online for a week starting 29 July. It always looked sub-HD on Wii U, but I've always loved its visual style. I wonder if it's just to engage longterm owners in a relative announcement lull or if they have something new in mind.

Diddy likes this.
  22. funky

funky INCAPABLE

I’ve just come out of a six month wormhole with Skyrim. Absolutely rinsed it, covered every corner of that massive world many times over.

if anyone can recommend any other open world games for Switch I’d be immensely grateful. I tried Zelda and while it was lovely I just couldn’t take to it the way I took to Skyrim.

23. dUb

dUb And her name is ME

I'm keeping up with Ring Fit Adventure which is a great surprise to me. Level 85 ish, though the difficulty setting is... generous. Plus I have found some little hacks to make the game think you're doing more than you are. Still, I'm a sweaty mess by the end of my sessions so it's got to have some benefit. Would def sub for Dragaux @Peekaboo

Peekaboo likes this.
  24. Peekaboo

Peekaboo User

He can WHIP me anytime!

25. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

Anyone playing Paper Mario?

It's very pretty and the exploration/puzzle solving bits are fun, but my God the battles are a repetitive drag!

26. Gangsta Nancy Lam

Gangsta Nancy Lam mess

Yes, it looks great and the dialogue is great fun, but as you say, the battles are so boring. It feels like they were trying to throw the fans who wanted an RPG a bone, but I'd rather they had either committed to a real battle system you could level up, or just left it out all together.

27. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

Still not loving the battles but after getting deeper into it, it's a really beautiful game and the writing is top notch. I just avoid most of the regular bad-guys wherever I can now.

I teared up over a fucking Bob-omb :D

28. Peekaboo

Peekaboo User

I've not played this particular instance of Paper Mario but IMO they're all worth playing for the hilarious script alone. It's the one Mario spin-off where Intelligent Systems can get really loose and take the mickey out of the frankly slightly ridiculous Mario lore.

[​IMG]

29. straightorbroken

Yay.

I made it up to purple Pikmin on Wii U, but will dive back in hard on Switch for sure. This has been rumoured to have been ready for absolutely ages, which might be due to another rumour, that Pikmin 4 got rebooted.

30. PercyPig

PercyPig The Last of Us

Does it play like the other two? I remember getting the demo on Wii U and thinking it was a bit shit for some reason.

31. COB

COB DIONIN

Indie World Showcase starting at 5pm UK time:

I hope we finally get a release date for Silksong, it's probably my most anticipated game!

32. Christian

Christian GOOD BYE!

I loved the third one and I found it the best of the three.

The control scheme is key though. I had to have the Wii U Pad on my lap and use the touchscreen which worked a treat. I guess the Switch version will control more like it did on the Wii which I didn't like all that much.

I wonder what happened to Pikmin 4. It was supposed to be finished years ago (or so Miyamoto said).

33. COB

COB DIONIN

Untitled Goose Game is getting a free update next month that lets two players be geese together :D :disco:

Diddy, wendy the goat and SDF like this.
  34. SDF

SDF We're all Angles in Chainz

I wonder who will be playing that :eyes:

35. Peekaboo

Peekaboo User

Some very nice indie games announced for the Switch today, most coming from PC really, like A Short Hike or Manifold Garden (this game looks so like my kind of jam :disco: ) but my favourite has to be Ranji, that Indian game that looks like Ico remixed with Hindu mythology and some intense brawler action, WTF is that. I hope it plays as good as it looks!

COB likes this.
  36. straightorbroken

Control scheme for P3D will be interesting indeed. The Wii U version was given a patch, so I know nothing of how fussy it supposedly was at the beginning. 2 possible things to consider: they are introducing difficulty levels, which could be to accommodate the "new New Play" controls; and this supposed leaked Amazon listing for Skyward Sword being £70, which could indicate it will be sold with a censor bar to help out the JoyCon, of which isn't able to replicate the Wii Mote's accuracy in an adequate way to not do anything about that game's controls too, and if this is true then hopefully P3D would be a game to benefit from this also (and this could also explain why they have delayed this supposedly finished port for around a year or so). Personally, I had hoped they would allow a 2and Switch (in particular the Lite) to sync to another Switch and act as a gamepad (I truly miss this for Splatoon, which is almost back to being the game I play most of).

Of the Indies, I liked the look of the flying/sailing game with the DS-style graphics. And the update for Untitled Assexual Goose Game, which I have yet to play.

37. WiDGe->

WiDGe-> 44f

A Short Hike is just soul enriching. Loved it.

Peekaboo likes this.
  38. COB

COB DIONIN

Super Mario Bros Direct!

39. PercyPig

PercyPig The Last of Us

I presume Nintendo are going ALL IN this Christmas and fucking dropping everything to compete with The GreyStation Flop and PoopBox Series Shite?

Metroid Prime remake drop
    Super Mario World, Galaxy 1&2 and Sunshine drop
    Breath of The Wild 2
    Nintendo Smash Racing
    Super Mario Odyssey 2

40. PercyPig

PercyPig The Last of Us

oh I was just taking the piss :D