Normani - Motivation

Discussion in 'Pop' started by Jark, Aug 16, 2019 at 6:14 AM.

1. Jark

Jark User

Her proper lead single

Written by Ariana, Max Martin and Ilya. And you can tell.

I like it quite a lot - very immediate, even if it might burn out fast

2. OutSynk

OutSynk User

3. Suedey

Suedey HELL-ON.

I like it! She's still slightly tainted by her association with Sam SPIT Smith but I like her.

4. FetchFugly

FetchFugly closing in again

This is great. The video definitely elevates it further, she looks like a star (even if the half-hearted, sort of miming was occasionally slightly distracting).

5. wurst

wurst User

This is SO SO SO SO GOOD. The internet is rooting for her, and the industry seem desperate for her to land so I really hope the general public finally buy in to her as a solo star, although I’m getting Tinashe part 2 vibes.

It’s so weird that Fifth Harmony seem LIGHT YEARS away now. I’m sure most people don’t even realise Camila or Normani came from the band.

There’s a huge gap for an artist like her since Whitney and Alexandra Burke have abdicated, I’m not sure what they can do next if this isn’t at least a modest hit.

6. northernlad

northernlad all flowers in time bend towards the sun

Cute track. Imagine if would be better with the live instruments were more front and centre.

She clearly has charisma for days, and the choreo is killer.

7. ameraal

ameraal at least at times you knew me

i put this on yesterday (only realised she was in fifth harmony a couple of months ago, so i was kinda rooting for her to outdo her bland ex-bandmate) but i couldn't get through it. i don't know. i just don't care and she looks cheap and tacky as fuck.

what year is it, @normani? what year is it???