NOTW hacked Millie Dowler's mobile phone

Discussion in 'Current Affairs & Debate' started by Ag, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Ag

Ag BRING BACK TAGS

Last edited: Jul 4, 2011
  2. Kate

Kate she's for the streets BITCH

Just sickening! STRING THEM UP.

3. RobotBoy

RobotBoy BANG BANG

The editors and anyone else directly involved should go to JAIL for this. Absolutely appalling.

4. Ag

Ag BRING BACK TAGS

I really hope this is the one that gets the public attention and destroys these cunts.

I felt when it was Lord Prescott and Steve Coogan and whoever else, the story has never really been anything but waiting to happen. And this is it.

5. Mugatu

Mugatu onlyfans.com/mugatu

Absolutely shocking, hope they finally get shown out as exactly what they are. The thought of the corporation behind all this having so much power in the UK and in the government is awful.

6. big ron

big ron Nude inspector

Just a tad dark :(

7. Ellie

Ellie Super talented triple threat

I can't believe that bitch was married to Ross Kemp.

8. funky

funky OH SHE’LL HAVE TO CALL YOU BACK

Why is this rag STILL STANDING?

And why is nobody mentioning any more that it's CAMERON'S MATE? Has everyone been GAGGED?

What has to happen in this country before the horrible horrible horrible UK press industry is brought to its KNEES?

9. Tetris-Rock

Tetris-Rock one of those "they/thems"

Fucking hell. The News of the World really are the scummy doldrums of the press, aren't they? I had occasionally wondered what the point of the NOTW was when Murdoch already has a successful British tabloid but things like this remind me that it's there to plumb the extremely DODGY depths that The Sun can't risk getting caught up in.

The fact that News International are still being allowed to purchase all of BSkyB when pure MUCK like this is being raked up, i'll NEVER UNDERSTAND.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  10. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

This really does make me absolutely sick to my stomach. How fucking low can you get?

11. Christian

Christian GOOD BYE!

I'm genuinely seeing red on this one. It truly beggars belief that this could have happened. And don't even get me started on the utterly failed police investigation either. I wouldn't mind seeing an independent review of that either. What a disgusting shambles.

12. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

And yes it is all bizarre in the extreme that Ross Kemp's ex-wife is like some kind of Bond villain.

FACE OF HATE

[​IMG]

13. Loufoque

Loufoque BATTLE FOR YOUR LIFE

Appalling

14. RobotBoy

RobotBoy BANG BANG

This is how I feel about it all.

I think even when you take the emotional side of all this out of the picture, it's just CRIMINAL behaviour. NOTW should not be allowed to even publish anymore. It's just unbelievable that a national publisher could sanction something like this. It makes me feel sick.

The Dowler family have said that the police investigation, their treatment in the press and the court case have all added up to be just as stressful and upsetting as Millie's death. I stop short of supporting their 'eye for an eye, life for a life' nonsense, but I really don't blame them for how angry they are. They have been treated spectacularly badly by this country.

15. Kratz

Kratz Pearl in the shell.

Nothing to add beyond what has already been said. Cannot help but feel that the sheer amount of discretion the press seem to be given in the name of fair disclosure, made something like this inevitable. The fact the activity on her voicemail made her parents think she was alive is just so very cruel.

16. funky

it's not so much the activity itself that bothers me. That I'm not surprised by, in the least.

It's the fact that a) this country is rife with hypocrisy and b) this kind of thing is considered so NORMAL in the British Press these days that while the next few days will see Mr and Mrs Average twittering about how they'll never buy NOTW again, sales will be back to normal in about a month and typical tabloid service will be resumed.

As much as everyone's probably a bit concerned right now at the NOTW offices, deep down they know that once the scapegoats have been strung up, things will just go back to the way they were, ie the corrupt, sleazy, bullshit-peddlers they always were.

Tabloids will never change.

17. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

Didn't Rebekah (WITH A K) Wade beat up Ross Kemp? No wonder he fled to the relative safety of Afghanistan.

Suomi likes this.
  18. Indie

Indie Great Tits IN THE SNOW

*shiver*

I don't know why, but this two-word phrase really gets me. I think it's because it's used by every cunt in the country when they're complaining about benefits/immigrants/bankers etc

19. big ron

big ron Nude inspector

The UK press industry needs moping up, I am all for free speech etc but between the tabloid dirt and the likes of the mail's sensationalist shite its a vile little playground

Also not many people seem to hark on about Murdoch's monopoly here despite the attraction he's attracted over his BSkyB dealings, I cant remember the exact percentage but hes got an overly aggressive share of the newspaper market, more so than is allowed if I remember rightly, but he just gets away with it.

20. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

It's really quite worrying. The tabloids are seen as political kingmakers by the politicians, so even Labour won't stand up to Murdoch in any meaningful way because they want The Sun's endorsement come election season.

21. RobotBoy

RobotBoy BANG BANG

The press control of the UK is absolutely ROTTEN.

22. Kratz

The Press Complaints Commission is as good as useless too. Utterly toothless.

23. Indie

Indie Great Tits IN THE SNOW

It's kind of true though.

Looking back, i think the last election where the winners didn't have majority newspaper support was 1974.

24. PercyPig

PercyPig The Last of Us

So News International are spinning with "Rebekah campaigns against pedophiles so how could she be responsible for this?"

Even Prized Cunts generally hate pedophiles you'know!

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  25. Loufoque

How exactly does one CAMPAIGN against PAEDOPHILES anyway?

26. funky

anyone can slap a campaign next to their name and call themselves a CRUSADER these days

fucking BRITISH PRESS!

It would be LAUGHABLE if people didn't actually BELIEVE THIS NONSENSE!

I blame the education system.

27. RobotBoy

RobotBoy BANG BANG

Was Rebekah so busy CRUSADING against nonces to care about destroying the police investigation into the violent murder of a young girl? THAT'S OK THEN. :manson:

JESUS WEPT.

28. Loufoque

"I was too busy burning my Gary Glitter albums to notice :("

29. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

Was that the campaign against Peadophiles that saw her paper encouraging vigilante justice that meant completely innocent people were terrorised by brain-dead angry mobs and was described as "grossly irresponsible journalism".

Yeah nice work there Rebekah. You complete and utter fucking cunt.

30. Lunar Foetus

Lunar Foetus Guest

I believe that NOTW and The Sun are no longer beign run independently of each other.

this behaviour isn't considered 'normal' across the british press, at all.

31. funky

I wasn't talking about what the British Press think of themselves. I couldn't give a fuck how journalists judge one another.

I'm talking about what I think. Scum, the vast majority of them.

32. Lunar Foetus

Lunar Foetus Guest

i'm not sure if you're insinuating if you think that i think this is okay. i don't.

i was just saying that this is not considered to be normal behaviour within the press.

33. Lunar Foetus

Lunar Foetus Guest

and fyi mr high and mighty, i don't work in journalism any more.

34. funky

who said anything about you working in journalism? :confused: I'm not getting into another argument with you, I was clarifying my point that you misunderstood.

I consider it normal behaviour in the press.

35. Lunar Foetus

Lunar Foetus Guest

well as someone who has worked in the press within the last year, i assure you that it's not

36. Kate

Kate she's for the streets BITCH

37. funky

well I can assure you that's still my opinion

38. big ron

big ron Nude inspector

39. dmlaw

dmlaw Democracy doesn't work

I think a new law making old scrotum face personally responsiblin crimnal law for anything that his journalists have ever done would seem reasonable. There may be a few constitutional issues, but I'm sure we can get round them.

40. Kratz

So it seems something similar may have happened in the Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman murders.