Discussion in 'Moopy TV' started by POP!, Jul 21, 2013.
Only marginally quicker than getting on board with Drag Race, I've now jumped on this
There are suggestions that Netflix will bring forward the release after the The Dark Gaylord or whatever he's called went through with his threat and leaked them. Although it would be quite funny to make people wait until June for the last 3 episodes.
Apparently some hacker got them and was holding them for a ransom. Either way I'm waiting for the official release.
I'm in no rush either, I've got enough on my plate as it is
New series out NEXT FRIDAY
Anyone else watching?
I'm 3 episodes in but I was so tired I fell asleep during the third so will have to rewatch.
I'll start S5 after I finish HoC (hopefully this week) but I've just realised I've never posted in here as I was avoiding spoilers but then never got around to joining in. This has made a really interesting read because I can't believe how out of sync I am on some things:
1. I hate Morello. She's so fucking whiny and not necessary. Get rid.
2. Piper. She also has to go now- it would be so interesting to see her gone, but they won't have the bottle. They also should consider Alex too. Both are now redundant.
3. I almost gave up on series 3. The "Norma is Jesus" storyline was one of the worst things I've ever sat through, but "gang war over panties" did come close. See also- "poo in the shower"-gate and the Jewish storyline. Absolutely terrible and it took me ages to get through.
4. Bring back Vee for a nice little shock.
5. Cindy is the best character.
Best line from the first few episodes:
—Red: “We Russians have no proverbs. We have vodka and misery. Wait… that was a proverb.”
Litchfield's Got Talent and the Red Light Special routine
Watched first episode and didn't know what to make out of it. Do we know if this is the last season?
I believe it's renewed for two more seasons at least.
3 episodes in and really enjoying it so far. Episode 1 was fantastic!
And yes Morello needs to go.
Piper's character has become a bit problematic at this point but surely she should be getting out soon? I think both her and Alex will leave and their storyline will continue outside Litchfield and will centre on how they will adapt back to the real world etc. etc.
I had plans for today in the daytime but pretty much cancelled them and binged the whole thing from early morning, having watched episodes 1-3 already last night. I wish every episode wouldn't end on a cliffhanger. It's not like a "tune in next week" kind of thing!
Finished now. Despite a big season lag it picked up massively towards the end.
I did feel the the 3 days timeline got a little confused with some story-lines which would have normally been played out over several days or week, crammed into a 72 hour period.
Managed about 6 episodes of season one and got bored. Binned it.
I'm not liking this riot storyline at all, it's too unrealistic. Loved Frieda's story though, and Black Cindy is still amazing.
Okay, 5 episodes in now and whilst I'm enjoying the execution they need to wrap up the riot thing.. surely it can't go on the whole season!
I totally forgot P died that's me already floored at the recap
Time to do Game of Thrones.
Oh I managed about three minutes of that shite.
Binge watched this season over the weekend and loved it
Did you ever watch/like Bad Girls?
Not really. It's not the setting that bothers me, though.
I've never watched this. Am I right in saying that I really should?
I doubt it would be high on your deathbed list of regrets.
So come award season is Danielle Brooks going to be in the same category as the Big Little Lies and Feud women or Elizabeth Moss?
1. Taystee, Alison, Janea & Big Cindy
2. Flaca & Maritza
3. Boo & The Counterfeit Cunt Of Connecticut ft Pentasucky
4. The Mole Women fr Gloria & Red
5. The White Supremacists/Nazis
6. Brooke Soso & Grief
7. Figueroa & Caputo
8. Morello & Nicky
9. Suzanne & Maureen
10. The Coffee Sniffers
11. Piper & Alex
12 The Meth Heads
The PR guy is ridiculously hot.
Danielle Brooks is Taystee? I need to look it up
I like that the storyline is basically just the girls hanging around and nothing really happens. I've said it during season 3 that I'm happy just watching them being them, but this season really is ridiculous.
And I don't like that they've made Morello someone who watches Fox news, but on the other hand, of course she would.
The PR guy is so plastic looking. The obvious hot guy is the stripper one.
I'd ignore Madison and give it a go. It has peaks and troughs, but ultimately some of the most interesting characters on TV.
Finished watching this tonight. It's the most unrealistic season so far but I ended up enjoying it a lot.
Also loved that Frieda and Blanca got bigger roles.
I watched this in record time earlier this week, and think it might be one of my favourite individual seasons of TV I've ever seen. I've seen that most fans are divided but I just really loved the whole thing, even if it was so unrealistic in parts that it bordered on absurd
Some SPOILERY QUESTIONS though
1. Alex said early in the season that she has to avoid appearing on TV because she's supposed to be dead. Why doesn't she or anyone else notice that she's the subject of the viral Piscatella video?? If they're getting that many views surely she's now the big star of the entire riot - maybe they decided it was for the greater good or something but unless I REALLY missed something they never addressed it onscreen
2. Why didn't MCC woman say anything more than "I work for MCC" when she had the chance? When she saw Fig surely she could have said the name of her boss, or her department, or SOMETHING that would have made it clear she wasn't just a crazy person
3. Why is Dascha Polanco (Daya) the worst actress of all time?
Good questions, I had missed the first. Sounds to me like they've either forgotten about it, or because they do want to use it in next season.
The good thing about this season is that we get to only see the girls hanging around, there aren't too many annoying flashbacks and such.
I adored so much about this season, I totally binge-watched it in about four days. But there are also some weaknesses of it, like the sharp tonal shifts that don't seem to make that much sense in the scope of 72 hours.
That said, it is still my favourite bunch of characters ever.
bit annoyed at the cliffdangling being the same as last season's ending. otherwise very watchable, my heart's bleeding for Mendoza
Zirconia is my fave character (the latina with the short hair and bad teeth).
I love her but can never remember all of the names. A lot of the characters introduced in season 4 have really shone this year - I especially love Alison the Muslim girl, and also the 2 guard watchers who were snorting lines of instant coffee!
What an odd person to love.
She's SO loveable, idiot!
Piper is completely irrelevant at this point but agree with Sheena they've not got the balls to ditch her.