Parks and Recreation

Discussion in 'Moopy TV' started by POP!, Apr 11, 2009.

1. POP!

POP! Across that county line

The pilot aired last week, it stars Amy Poehler and if you've ever seen the American version of The Office it is in that format.

PILOT:
    <object width="512" height="296"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/edp/http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ehulu%2Ecom%2F/embed/hcQ3Vyt1Z1YVIBLc2abdKw"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/edp/http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ehulu%2Ecom%2F/embed/hcQ3Vyt1Z1YVIBLc2abdKw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="512" height="296" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

WHERE'S ELLIE AT?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  2. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

'we're sorry, currently our video library can only be streamed within the United States'

:(

3. Mikey

Mikey User

It's such a BITCH because I think Hulu would be the easiest place to watch USTV (I know 30 Rock episodes are on there as well) instead of SCRAPING round the net trying to find a stream of an episode on some Japanese hosting site that doesn't load :(

4. POP!

Try this one:
    <object width="669" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.megavideo.com/v/f6bf7132264b6f23b477f6c37394155c"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.megavideo.com/v/f6bf7132264b6f23b477f6c37394155c" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="669" height="360"></embed></object>

5. POP!

6. lolly

this video has been removed

:D

7. lolly

the last one works

8. POP!

The text link seems to work..

9. RobotBoy

RobotBoy BANG BANG

I downloaded the first few episodes of this last night as I love love love Amy Poehler. She's great in it, but I didn't think it was all that funny. I'll persevere with it though as it did have some potential.

It was all just a bit obvious, I think. I love The Office and The Comeback and this really is just more of the same, it didn't deviate from those formats at all.

10. POP!

It's nowhere near The Office in quality or comedy value for me but then again The Office wasn't very good in the first season either. With each episode this season it got a bit better for me, I love the episode where they go to that party or function in honor of Amy's mother.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  11. lolly

What is that movie that Amy Poehler was in with Tina Fey? I caught bit of it on US TV (can't remember if it was a trailer or the whole film being broadcast and I only caught a bit of it), but it looked pretty good.

12. Frozen

Frozen I Play The Streetlife

"Baby Mama"

13. lolly

Is it out yet? In the UK, obviously

14. Frozen

Yeah it was out in cinema last summer, been out on DVD ages and quite cheap too. It's an ok movie but nothing great.

15. POP!

I'm LOVING this lately, anyone else watching the new episodes?

16. Mikey

Mikey User

YES. This now seesaws with Modern Family on a weekly basis for my favourite comedy on TV at the moment. I decided to give it a go after a blog I read recommended picking up from the Season 1 finale as Season 2 was so improved and I haven't looked back.

There's been some great episodes and Ron Swanson is one of the best comedy characters on TV right now. The writers have got that character written down to the TEE and Nick Offerman is superb bringing that to life.

17. POP!

I kind of watched season one BEGRUDGINGLY, while I quite liked it, it just wasn't great comedy. However, it's really picked up steam this year, the script is really consistently strong and it's kind of overtaken The Office for me, which has gotten a little complacent and CHEAP as far as plot and story-lines go.

I loved the dinner party episode especially.

18. Ellie

Ellie Super talented triple threat

I gave up after about 4 episodes as I just found it annoying. I've heard it's found it's way though. Where would you recommend as a proper starting point?

19. Mikey

Mikey User

That episode and the shooting one are the ones that instantly come to mind for me. Megan Mullally's guest appearance was EXCELLENT as well. The scenes in the diner with Ron and unning into the motel trousers round the ankles and tops being ripped off was hilarious.

20. POP!

It actually started getting better around the point where you left off... the whole set up for season one of 'the big dangerous hole in the ground' was a bit crap to begin with but they've expanded the show much more for season 2. I've really been hooked on the last six most recent episodes in particular.

21. Mikey

Mikey User

I started from the Season 1 finale and it seems like a pretty good place to start. You get a pretty good grip on who the characters are and the setting so I never felt like I missed much not seeing the rest of Season 1 which was granted only about another 5 episodes I think.

Well scrap that seeing as I ignored the fact you'd already seen 4 episodes. It starts strong straight from the off with Season 2 but I suppose you could watch the last two episodes (5&6) from Season 1 for completionist's sake.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  22. Pipo

Pipo i feel like i am the Paris of people

POP I wanna watch this but I don't know which network shows it but there's a DVD out already though it only contains like 5 episodes, is it the whole season and it got cancelled early?

23. Phoenix

Phoenix Brown Cow...STUNNING

It's on NBC and they just got renewed for season 3, no idea about the episodes..check wikipedia,

24. RobotBoy

RobotBoy BANG BANG

I did an Ellie on this. 3 episodes and then gave up. I just didn't think it was even slightly funny. I'll give it another go though if the general consensus is that it's improved.

25. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

Ok guys should I blindly get the first season DVD considering I love both Amy Poehler and Comeback-like mortificationcoms?

26. RobotBoy

RobotBoy BANG BANG

You probably should monsta, yes.

Do so with moderate expectations though. I know everyone is saying it improved, but what I saw was nowhere NEAR the level of The Comeback.

27. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

I've FINALLY got round to making a start to this since there's been fuck all on at the moment.

I agree that Season 1 was a bit patchy but all the elements are there for a great show. I LOVED the episode where Leslie gets her hair done at the barbers the most.

Just starting on Season 2 and am liking it so far. The opening episode with LESLIE KNOPE GAY ICON was just TOO MUCH :D

28. Frozen

I'm glad I stuck with this, agree with all the comments about Season 1 being patchy and definitely Leslie's haircut episode was the 'highpoint' of the season. Season 2 though is hilarious from start to finish.

29. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

We are about half way through now and absolutely love it. It's so funny. Ron Swanson doesn't even need to say ANYTHING but I crack up. The Ron & Tammy episode has been the highlight so far. It's the way they were mauling each other as they get into the motel room :D

30. Frozen

The Ron & Tammy episode from S3 is even funnier!!

31. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

FINALLY.

BBC4 have picked this up. For those of you who haven't seen it, the first six episodes are ROPEY then it becomes GLORIOUS.

My favourite episode is STILL the gay penguins :disco:

32. COB

COB Kiss My Grits

I'm catching up with this on Netflix - currently watching the one with the marijuana stakeout and Ron Swanson's hernia :D

33. dUb

dUb TRIUMPHANT (GET 'EM)

COBbers, is that UK or US Netflix?

34. Kalabaliken

Kalabaliken Judging you in Google Translate

Knowing COB, it's likely to be US. You'll need to show me how you do that!

35. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

It's amazing that Lucy Lawless QOL is a recurring guest star this season.

36. Daniel

Daniel User

I fully plan on forcing all my friends and family into watching :disco: I want this to gain some traction, I would love it to be the next breakout comedy hit over here.

And this reminds me that I've got to catch up on the last few episodes; a P&R marathon is just what is needed.

37. PercyPig

PercyPig The Last of Us

BBC 4 have just bought this

38. dUb

dUb TRIUMPHANT (GET 'EM)

I rushed to the thread to post the same and then noticed monsta had beaten me to it, by four months

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  39. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

Always first with the news. Just call me Victoria Newton :disco:

40. PercyPig

PercyPig The Last of Us

Oh well done monsta!