Pikmin 3

Discussion in 'Gaming & Tech' started by NonEvent, Aug 18, 2013.

1. NonEvent

NonEvent User

Anyone? :(

[​IMG]

To be fair it is more of the same but since Pikmin 2 is almost a decade old it didn't really matter. Predictability loved the whole thing but overall I think it might have been a step down from Pikmin 2. There are some great new features and the game pad actually serves a decent purpose but I just felt like "2" was a lot more meatier. The bosses were also quite easy on this :(

The missions were great (collect all fruit/defeat all enemies in a certain time limit) Did they have these in Pikmin 2??

2. PercyPig

PercyPig The Last of Us

The final boss in Pikmin 2 was a fucking ball ache and all the better for it!

3. straightorbroken

straightorbroken reflected onto the wet pavement

I'm onto this. I could do with more time in a day as I do like to faff around. Can't believe it's took me this long to actually put the thing on. The gamepad works great, but I've found myself forgoing the stylus as it's a bit fussy that way.

4. straightorbroken

Well, the demo is now up on Switch and I'm going to start. And if you like it enough to fork out £50 for it and the extra content instead of getting it for as little as £15 or so on Wii U, then your progress will transfer over. Personally I can wait for a cheap 2nd hand copy as I have an unfinished Wii U save file, but I'm looking forward to the demo.

On Wii U I made it up to where I needed Pikmin to walk under water, which I think are the purple ones, but because you kind of pick the order I found it hard to find a walkthrough to take over from where I was stuck.

5. straightorbroken

Not sure how far into the game the demo goes, but I have got up to where you need to start finding fruit with only 1 extra smoothie as back up. 1) it's adorable, but 2) new mission aside, what a lazy, lazy port as there is seemingly no visual or performance upgrades whatsoever.

6. straightorbroken

The demo takes you to the eve of day 5. The days go by just a smidge too quick for me, so I'll be replaying these 4 days to make sure I got everything. Absolutely no way am I playing the too damn spicy for yeh mode now that I've unlocked it reaching the end of the demo.

7. straightorbroken

Also, the ZL lock on doesn't work well for me. It's actually annoying. I should really replay the Wii U version just to be sure about how I go forward platform-wise.

8. PercyPig

PercyPig The Last of Us

I don’t think I’ll even bother with the demo after SorB’s review of negativity

9. straightorbroken

Oops. I thought it was a glowing one that advised caution for those who already played it or have it on the U. It's genuinely adorable.