Podcasts

Discussion in 'Lifestyle & Culture' started by Phoenix, May 30, 2015.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

Season 2 is reaching new heights, Belinda just took the flesh of mankind in her mouth.

2. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

My 3 inch breast nipples resembling the rivets that held the Titanic together are positively ERECT!

I've went back and listened to the podcast. She's just had Peter Rouse's semen fall out of her.

3. Marilyn

Marilyn User

Loving this jiva, it's the exact opposite of all the things that annoyed me about Thinking Sideways. The Gen Why hosts seem to have no sense of humour, completely monotone voices and take everything super-seriously which is (I'm not being sarcastic) exactly what I want from a crime-style podcast

4. jivafox

jivafox Stay sexy don’t get murdered

Right? I found that the Thinking Sideways hosts' habit of making jokes and laughing seemed a bit disrespectful sometimes, considering the subject matter.

5. jivafox

Not to mention when I was in the grips of my flying phobia on a plane trying to calm down, and decided to listen to one of their shows to take my mind off of it, and I listened to the one about the girl who vanished off the ferry and out of NOWHERE they started going on about PLANE CRASHES. :evil:

6. Marilyn

Marilyn User

Totally, on the recent episode about the couple who died from jumping/falling from their boat, they were discussing why the woman would be naked if an intruder had forced her into the water and Joe said something like "well, she was hot, so why not have her strip before making her jump" - what a completely WEIRD and disgusting thing to say about a real life dead person

Also is it that difficult to find out how to pronounce names and place before hitting record

7. jivafox

Another true crime one I've been hooked on recently is Casefile. Narrated monotonously by a lovely looking Australian (I'm guessing?) man.

8. Tetris-Rock

Tetris-Rock TRAY UP, BITCH

People were saying the same on the iTunes reviews. I might just be a heartless cunt but I really just don't care.

9. Suomi

Suomi Super Moderator

The Rupaul one is pretty good...I like listening to it as I'm getting ready in the morning. Well, Michelle is great but he is infuriating. I know they joke about it but he really can't remember a THING can he? All that acid and weed has got him good. Bianca's episode is obviously the best - his facebook photo story :D

Also listen to They Walk Among Us, which is some guy narrating true UK crime stories in an eerie way. I'm a sucker for being scared.

Sclagerprofilernas Podcast is okay too, to give me my weekly dose of Melodifestivalen chat. Just hook it to my veins.

10. Chlammy

Chlammy So hey, let's be friends.

I can't listen to the RuPaul one anymore. He blabbers a bit but is charming enough, Michelle is the problem. She's so loud and just interrupts everything to go off on these awful tangents about herself. And sometimes her children.

I've exhausted the How Stuff Works podcasts and Slate's Audio Book club. I need something new. History or Geog is preferable.

11. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

The only Rupaul one I couldn't get through was the Susanne Somers one. Basically two Michelles spouting pseudoscientific health drivel in the most condescending way they can. I've HAD it, OFFICIALLY!

Last week was Katya though, that was great

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  12. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

I'm quite enjoying 99% Invisible at the moment, a weekly podcast about architecture and design, albeit with a heavily US slant.

13. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

Yes that's good! I don't know why I haven't added it to the regular routine though.

I usually listen to them on the train, and I can't be buggering around with the volume every 10 seconds, so I appreciate a consistent speaking volume. Surprisingly hard to find...

14. lolly

15. dUb

dUb GLOBAL

Missing Richard Simmons is FAB!

#1 on the charts I believe

[​IMG]

16. JillTyrell

JillTyrell Deep inside I am profoundly lonely.

I downloaded the Attitude Heroes podcast yesterday and just about made it through the Paul O'Grady one.

The guy interviewing, "Editor-in-Chief" Matt Cain, is such a distraction - constantly interrupting Paul or continually rephrasing the same question to elicit the answer he wants to fit some kind of 'gays had a terrible time of it' narrative.

It's a shame because Paul O'G is a fascinating person with some hilarious and touching stories.

17. Tetris-Rock

Is this Matthew Cain, former Channel 4 culture correspondent? I can't hate the guy because it was through his Twitter that I discovered the lost Madge triumph that is "Gambler."

18. jivafox

The latest Sword & Scale podcast about the Deep Web is one of the most horrifying things I've ever heard.

19. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

Did I mention how much I despise Sword and Scale? Because I do. The way the guy talks about mental illness is disgusting, I listened to a few and then had to stop.

20. jivafox

I haven't listened to that many granted, only the ones that interest me, but I haven't noticed that. :o

21. Tetris-Rock

WTF is Sword and Scale?

22. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

Anyone listening to Throwing Shade? Enjoying that a lot!

23. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

They have a tv show now as well Diddé

Ag likes this.
  24. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

True crime podcast.

25. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

Yeah, I haven't had a chance to look yet, have you?

26. Ag

Ag User

WHY AM I LISTENING TO THIS???

27. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

It's more or less the same, you can see clips on their Facebook page.

28. jivafox

This is how I felt - yet I couldn't turn it off, no matter how many times I looked at my phone and thought about it. :D

29. Ag

Ag User

I had to stop it and and am purifying myself with No Such Thing As a Fish.

30. VoR

VoR Forever in our hearts #Justice4Barb

It seems like every failed media type has a podcast these days so I'm vaguely embarrassed to add myself to the list but...erm... I have a podcast! :shy:

In an effort to put a vaguely original spin on the endless supply of movie review shows, the basic premise is that me and my friend attempt to come up with ridiculous sequel ideas to notable standalone movies.

Every week we choose a film to do, and we each have to bring an individual idea and then explain as best we can to each other how the movie would work. We're going to try to introduce some interactive elements too, though of course that depends on anybody actually listening to us.

It's very much a work in progress - we're looking at getting a theme tune to make the intro a bit less stilted, and I've had to start sitting on my hands as to avoid constantly batting the mic with my FLAILING ARMS :D - but we have a website and we're on iTunes and everything.

http://beyondtheboxset.com/

Anyway feedback would be appreciated (Yes, I know I speak too quickly), reviews and subscribes in iTunes even moreso.

lolly, Phoenix, Suomi and 1 other person like this.
  31. COB

COB Hog Frenzy

I'll give it a listen - I enjoyed the other one you did a while ago where you watched Batman & Robin, so if it's in a similar vein I'll probably like it.

32. Suomi

Suomi Super Moderator

Omg VoR PLEASE do THE ROOM as one of your podcasts - I've seen it 17 times and I never tire of it.

33. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

I added it to my list, I'll give it a go tomorrow at work.

34. lolly

I've binned that one. Two of the regular panel have really grown to irritate me.

35. lolly

@VoR, I'm not finding you on my podcast app of choice, which is Acast. How do these things work in terms of getting it added, do you know?

36. VoR

I'll feed back to my colleague and let you know :disco:

37. COB

COB Hog Frenzy

I was able to find you using Podcast Addict, if that's any help!

38. lolly

I just deleted Podcast Addict because I like the Acast interface more :evil:

39. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

I thought it was quite good, I only listened to the latest episode but the sound was good and your accents aren't that heavy so I could understand everything.

Get yourselves a theme or an opening line and better art (It's a bit beige) but otherwise it was a fun.

VoR likes this.
  40. VoR

Thanks for the Feedback Phoe. We're probably stuck with the artwork for now as it's reflected in the web design, but we are looking at intro and outro music, we definitely need it.

I think the Fifth Element episode is the one I'm most satisfied with so far. We're still finding our groove with it, but it's fun for us to make which is the main reason we're doing it.

Also if anyone has any films they want us to do I will shamelessly whore myself out for listeners. We have Heathers coming up soon.