Project Catwalk & Project Runway

Discussion in 'Reality Bites' started by Mr Betty Draper, Feb 2, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Mr Betty Draper

Mr Betty Draper User

Matthew is FINE.
    That is all.

2. David

David Misanthropic Old Bastard

Matthew's progress, and the fact it's really pissing off Renato is most pleasing!

I'm sure his luck will run out eventually, but please lose Renato first!

3. Jack

Jack I HAVE NO IDEA

Matthew IS lovely, I am truly addicted to this show. Some of the cfreations have been top drawer I think... Matthew is the clear WINNER

4. David

Maybe Matthew can make you a gay wedding dress!

5. Jack

Jack I HAVE NO IDEA

Im not getting married for the forseeable future, but thanks for the TIP :evil:

6. David

Can I just say last night's episode was fucking BRILLIANT... watching Renato completely miss the point and then get eliminated before his evilarchnemesis Matthew was one of those moments you watch reality shows for!

7. Molicious

Molicious LANA DEL MO

My sister loves this!

I hate Renato. He is EVIL... And his 'creation' was literally a WHITE T-SHIRT and some TIE DYE jeans...

Rubbish.

8. Adeva

Adeva User

Project Runway

Ooh I see Sky is now showing Season One of Project Runway (The US Version) Its on Sky Three as I type. It's way better than the UK version. Tim Gunn is fab... 'make it work!' and Heidi Klum is way better than Hurley... 'auf weidersehen!'

9. David

How pleasing... missed most of it tonight, I wonder if it's repeated at all!

10. Adeva

Adeva User

Yes it is good news... wish I'd know it was coming because I downloaded the whole season a month or so ago! Dunno about a repeat... though knowing Sky its VERY likely.

11. David

I looked through the EPG a bit and couldn't find it... but will if it's there...

Damn Biggest Loser half-finale!

12. Adeva

Adeva User

Yes that was dire! Talk about dragging it out. I downloaded an episode of Australias Biggest Loser the other day. They have it on 5 nights a week though so it's too much effort to download it all! Bob and Jillian are the trainers on that too.

13. David

Good LORD!

What sites do you use for downloads out of interest dear?

14. Adeva

Adeva User

Mininova mainly and demonoid.com sometimes. For more obscure Aussie stuff like Oz Biggest Loser try http://aussietorrents.com/vb/index.php

Have you seen American Inventor yet? it's like a cross between American Idol and Dragons Den, it even has one of the guys off Dragons Den on the panel.

I downloaded the first episode of Fox's Unan1mous earlier too, where 9 people are trapped in an underground bunker untill they reach a unanimous decision on who keeps the $1,500,000! Very entertaining.

15. David

So you pay for mininova? Or am I missing something?

16. Adeva

Adeva User

No mininova is free. www.mininova.org
    Demonoid you have to register for but its free too, although you have to check back for when theyre allowing new members. The Aussie one you just register free as well.

17. David

Fantastic, thank you dear...

18. JET BOY

JET BOY PERVERSE

OH MY GOD I have just discovered Project Runway this week, I am amazed it has eluded my life so far, its absolutely amazing (as far as reality TV goes)

I've only seen season 4 so far (and for once I agreed with the winner 100%) but its really fantastic. I like that everybody on it is actually genuinely talented, it makes the entire show much more worthy. The support it gets from the fashion industry is refreshing also, especially opposed to Top Model which gets very little.

Heidi is great too, I prefer her to Tyra, and her fashion credentials are more convincing. Tim Gunn is probably one of the top 4 best men alive today.

My only critism (from what I've seen) is that the judges seem to have a completely collapsed memory after every show, and seem to forget previous weeks where some contestants do really well, meaning some of the eviction results are a bit baffling. Quite how Ricky - who was easily the weakest person in the entire show - got as far as he did, and beat about 4 really talented designers in the process I DO NOT KNOW.

19. David

I think it's written into the rules that it's ONLY their performance in the current challenge is what should be considered.

I ADORE Project Runway and so would have done Kevin from Season 4 (token straightie).

20. jonhawk

jonhawk Bluffin' with my muffin

I totally agree with you about Ricky, what a waster. Seriously he never lives up to what is described on the briefs.

OT: Do you watch Shear Genius just after on Sky Three? That's a strangely addictive show too. :disco:

21. David

I do have to say Ricky probably should have been gone on Challenge 4 (the one big Chris went out on, but didn't), how he held on so long is a mystery.

22. JET BOY

JET BOY PERVERSE

HIS POST CONTAINS SERIES 4 SPOILERS

I have to say, whilst I thought the final 3 were probably the right final 3 (Even though I absolutely HATED dreary Rami), like I said I was very surprised with the order some of them were voted off. Big Chris was an absolutely lovely man, and made good TV, but he definitely wasn't the fourth best designer of the season, similarly Sweet P was a lovely woman, but didn't really deserve to come fifth.

I was VERY surprised when Kit and the hot straight guy were voted off, and was even more surprised when Victoria went as I thought she was by far one of the best of the season (Granted her denim outfit was fucking awful however)

All this aside, I am enjoying it loads however. I am going to crack on with season two at some point soon, although I watched the s2 audition episode yesterday which basically spoiled all of season one for me. I was not impressed :evil:

23. Crash

Crash Thank You

I HEART Project Catwalk, its essential viewing.

Is it back soon?

24. David

Probably the start of next year.

And of course with 8 male designers, 7 of them being gay, which is the hot one?

25. JET BOY

JET BOY PERVERSE

Is anybody watching season 5? You can see it on youtube.

I can't remember who a lot of the designers were as a lot of the girls seemed to mold into one, but I loved the big yellow dress with tomatoes as jewels, it looked really well made. I HATE HATE perma-tanned crap girlicious poof. He is no Christian and should stop trying to be.

No idea about a potential winner which is interesting, as I clocked Rami and Christian straight away last season.

26. JET BOY

JET BOY PERVERSE

ALSO the guy with small tunnels and a shaved head (He was called Keith or Richard I think) is WELL BUFF.

27. David

I was thinking the exact same thing about Keith, but I'm worried he won't be around for very long.

Boo at having Austin Scarlett as a guest judge though, he makes me feel a bit ill.

I'm also watching Project Runway Australia, which isn't as good but I love the challenges anyway.

28. RobotBoy

RobotBoy BANG BANG

My friend Giles was on the last series of Project Catwalk. I don't have Sky anymore :-( Loved that show.

29. David

Really? Nothing personal but I couldn't stand him!

30. RobotBoy

RobotBoy BANG BANG

Well he did ham it up for the cameras, but yeah... he's one of those people you either love or hate.

31. funky

funky FIRE AND BLOOD

when is S5 coming to TV?

32. David

At a guess, it will be on Sky One after S4 Project Catwalk, which would make it probably March/April next year.

33. JET BOY

JET BOY PERVERSE

PR S5 thoughts :

I have no idea who the winner might be, its certainly not obvious like it was with Christian. I think it might be a woman, probably Leanne (although she gets next to no airtime)

Terri and Kato seem to be in the top 3 every week, but I can't see both of them being in the final together, I think Kato will probably make it over Terri (although Terri's drag outfit was immense. I hate her personality though)

Suede to die please. SLOWLY.

I fancy Daniel he definitely deserved to go this week though, he was becoming this seasons Ricky.

I don't really like any of the contestants to be honest. Leanne is probably my favourite and that is only because I like the look of her. They really need to get rid of some contestants sharpish, I was hoping for a double eviction this week.

34. funky

funky FIRE AND BLOOD

Does anyone know when the new 'season' of Project Runway starts in the UK?

I have only just discovered they actually produce TWO a year which is RATHER PLEASING

In other news, EVERYONE should watch this. It really is the best reality show ever. I have no idea why, but it just WORKS.

It is absolutely ESSENTIAL WEEKEND VIEWING for my flatmate and I and the pair of us can't wait for it to come back on...

35. Raucous Bitch

Raucous Bitch Apparently, Winter is Coming

I love this also. That is all.

36. Mr Betty Draper

Mr Betty Draper User

I've got AMAZINGLY in to this because I'm supposed to be writing my dissertation and have had celibacy thrust upon me. This and eating are my only two pleasures left.

Series 3 thoughts: My favourite was Laura, I LOVED her. She's like a real life Bree van der Kamp. So bizarre she hated kids but couldn't work out contraception. Her runway show was a tad dissappointing though.

Didn't like the guy who won, he was so mean to that woman who got voted off first in France and her mum. Granted she was a loon, but she was harmless and he was really rather a cunt.

Series 4: Highlight of the season was Chris in the museum temple: "OH LOOK, Joan Rivers scratched her initials in here when she was a little girl". :D :D

My favourite was Jillian. Her candy dress was AMAZING. I can see why Christian won, but I think her collection was the most wearable, and would have been most successful if launched independent of the show.

Series 5: I really like Leanne. I also think the standard is quite high this year. But it's a bit boring so far. YAY for Laura being guest judge.

Also NINA KORS IS A BITCH.

37. David

I love it also, OBV! Though this season's challenges seem a little PR on autopilot (aside from the Drag challenge).

Project Catwalk will probably start in the New Year, it always has the previous 3 series, though the first series is currently being rerun during the day.

I'm even watching PR Australia, which is down to its final 3.

I think the final 3 will be Korto, Leann and Joe, though I think Blaine is the only no-hoper left (he has NEVER been in the top).

38. Mr Betty Draper

Mr Betty Draper User

The product placement is OFF THE HOOK though.

From Diane von Furstenburg randomly announcing her love for American Express as a reason for the prize being the garment selling to American Express customers to poor Tim Gunn going "GET YOUR MODELS TO THE TRESEMMÉ HAIR SALON" every week.

39. David

Oh there's always plenty of RPP in just about every reality show, you should just turn it into a drinking game!

40. JET BOY

JET BOY PERVERSE

Whilst its very watchable I think s5 of Project Runway has been a bit disappointing just because there really has been no standout contestant so far. Leanne however is definitely my favourite, and I hope she wins. Her car part dress was actually amazing, if very similar to a D&G dress from last year.

Durrell is my other favourite just because his designs are quite quirky and he obviously has some talent even if he doesn't always execute it well. Korto has had some great stuff, but similar to Rami I think she is a bit of a one trick pony, all her clothes have the same shape.

The problem I have with Project Runway (and Top Chef) is the amount of contestants they have. They can easily cut 5 from each season and it wouldn't really make much difference.

I haven't watched this weeks episode yet, but I really hope Suede gets cut ASAP.